using just water for ativan

[pe...]

Yes, that can be made to work, but it takes more skill and attention to detail.  A few members are using plain water successfully.  Ben and Anne come to mind, although Ben is not tapering Ativan.

Pete,

I am nearing the end of my taper from Klonopin and used plain water throughout.  I used the method described here http://www.benzosupport.org/water_titration.htm.  I believe the key to successfully using plain water is to ensure the benzo is mixed well and evenly into suspension and then drink the measured dose before the benzo has a chance to start settling out.  After a while you get very efficient with preparation.  I normally prepare and drink my dose within a couple of minutes.

I use the same method as Ben.  The water method works well for me.  The important thing is to shake the mixture very well before quickly measuring your dose.  Many others have successfully used water in the past.

Anne

Looking good Ben! You're at the edge of the diving board...Good Luck :thumbsup:

Thanks Tryinhard.  Good job on the progress you are making.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone who is using water with ativan how much water you using?

I think my pills dissolve in water without having to grind them down......

What jars and cylinders are people using..

thanks

pete

Ativan (the active ingredient) is not water-soluble. 

Like  most meds in tablet form, the tablet consists of a very small amount of active ingredient (Ativan) and a much greater amount of inactive ingredients  (binders, fillers, colorants, etc) .  Most dry tablets will break down, disintegrate, in water, and some of those inactive ingredients might even be water-soluble, and actually go into solution.  But just because the tablet disintegrates does NOT mean the active ingredient went into solution.

Ativan IS soluble in a small amount of alcohol, which can then be further diluted with water, and remain a true solution.

Builder

Sorry for all the ?s

Do i have to have tablet broken down in the vodka first before adding water?-- the water seems to do a good job of breaking it all up.

How many mls t0 1mg tablet should i use in 173 proff vodka

Best

p

ps. seems to a facebook group who use water.

Builder

Sorry for all the ?s

Do i have to have tablet broken down in the vodka first before adding water?-- the water seems to do a good job of breaking it all up.e

Yes.  Alcohol will dissolve the ativan.  Once the ativan has dissolved  (gone into solution), that can then be diluted with water.  As I already stated, the tablet will disintagrate (break down) in water, but the med itself will not go into solution.

How many mls t0 1mg tablet should i use in 173 proff vodka

I ml vodka per 1mg ativan will work fine.

Best

p

ps. seems to a facebook group who use water.

Yes, and some folks just quit cold turkey but that doesn't mean its a good idea.  I never said you can't taper using plain water, I said the ativan will not dissolve in plain water.  That's a fact of physical chemistry.

I know that but the question was the tablet when i put it in vodka does not even slighlty dissolve so i was asking does it need to be in vodka first and then add water.

So that it becomes  a solution or can i add both at the same time. If only vodka at start how does get the tablet to break up so that nothing is left on the tool used to break it up with. I just want to get this right i know im being slightly obsessive i've just had such a bad experience before crossing to liquid.

I have no answer for that! 

While I of course believe what you say, that really doesn't make any sense. 1) Alcohol is a much more "universal" and powerrful solvent than water, and 2) 80 proof vodka is about 50% water anyway.

???

Maybe i try a different vodka this one is 173 proof... the tablet immediately dissolves in water and does nothing in the vodka...

Just tried it with another vodka same thing but in water breaks up straight away.

Pete, That's strange.  You might be able to take advantage of the high proof you have.  You could first break up the pill in a 1ml of water - let it break apart thoroughly.  Then add 2ml of the 173 proof (86.5% alcohol).  The end result will be 3ml of 57% alcohol (114 proof) which will still do a good job dissolving.

Maybe i try a different vodka this one is 173 proof... the tablet immediately dissolves in water and does nothing in the vodka...

Just tried it with another vodka same thing but in water breaks up straight away.

Pete

Tell us about your 173 proof vodka (brand or any other info.  I can't find any references online about a 173 proof vodka.

Pete, That's strange.  You might be able to take advantage of the high proof you have. You could first break up the pill in a 1ml of water - let it break apart thoroughly.  Then add 2ml of the 173 proof (86.5% alcohol).  The end result will be 3ml of 57% alcohol (114 proof) which will still do a good job dissolving.

Good suggestion.

so that wil make a solution ok... its bizarre do i need so much vodka for a 1mg tablet....

Why do you think its not breaking up in the alcohol....something to do with fillers maybe.?

so that wil make a solution ok... its bizarre do i need so much vodka for a 1mg tablet....

Why do you think its not breaking up in the alcohol....something to do with fillers maybe.?

Actually, its more likely the binders...but it's still really strange that it will breakdown in water, and not vodka!

It should work.  I'd add a few more mls to create room for error...still a small amount.  Also, contact Sharkey to get his thoughts, as he actually used this method.

It should work.  I'd add a few more mls to create room for error...still a small amount.  Also, contact Sharkey to get his thoughts, as he actually used this method.

I concur....5mg:1ml should work just fine.  But why not just go ahead and do 2ml, just to be cautious.