Advice on starting positive healthy methods to help with anxiety HELP!

[sa...]

I know that diet is important. I know that relaxation/meditation is important. I know that exercise is important and I believe that if I start doing these things that I will improve, but I find it so difficult when my head is in a fog, in general I feel ill, my anxiety seems heightened,I feel isolated, I am depressed, and totally unmotivated to do ANYTHING!! I know that I MUST push myself to get going on these things. HELP!! Why is it that it is so easy to pick up a bad habit and so difficult to pick up a good one.

If anyone has any tips or stories or advice about how they got discilpined enough to do these things PLEASE POST.

I am feeling so hopeless I actually started fooling myself into thinking that I needed to be put back on meds. I would NEVER go back on a benzo but I was contimpalting an AD. I believe that my coming off of those(AD) is contributing to my issues also, so I really don't want to be on anything.I feel like my life is passing before me........... :'(

I'm going to go read some positive success stories.

Thanks everyone. I know it must get difficult when the answers seem so obvious but to those of us suffering it really helps to just know there are people out there that care and that have been through what you are going through. It really helps not to feel alone.

Have a happy weekend, Steph

Hi Steph,

I'm here, how can I help you?  I felt the same way you do, I knew what I needed to do to help but couldn't always bring myself to do it.  And the thing is, that no matter what you do to help yourself, you're still going to suffer.  No one here gets out of this without some pain. 

Don't worry about those of us who have healed thinking it's obvious what you need to do.  We'll never forget the horror and hopelessness we felt.  That's why we're still here, to give you hope you'll make it through.

I tried to go off of Lexepro during my withdrawals and it wasn't pretty.  So, I reinstated and didn't go off of it until I was healed.  Have you thought about holding off on getting off of your A/D?

Keep posting okay, we're here and will help you all we can.

Pam :smitten:

Hi, Steph.  ;D

I think it's one of the eternal questions why we don't do what we know we should do.  I've been pretty bad about instituting the healthy things for most of my life so for me it has nothing to do with benzos.  I guess the strategy that's worked best for me is to set very modest goals (baby steps) and then allowing myself to feel good about accomplishing even one of them.  I figured any positive step was better than nothing, no matter how small the step.  I do write things down, kind of a to do list, but nothing terribly ambitious.  I have a tendency to beat myself up when I "fail" so I try to avoid that.  What one thing do you think you could do that would help you the most but still be doable?  For instance, when I had the shakes/tremors, I gave up caffeinated coffee even though I loved it.  I turned to decaf and now I drink tea (Barry's) and love it.  I don't need to stay away from coffee anymore and still enjoy a cup once in a while but I don't really miss it and I'm pretty sure I'm the better for the change.  Just pick one thing, do that and feel good about it.  Then pick another thing.  Repeat as necessary.  ::)