water or milk for taper

[so...]

I am starting my taper from the 1mg. of Clonazopam.  My shrink told me I could do it over a week ...  yea right.  I believe he is about way out of touch with how hard it is for some of us to withdraw.

anyway,  what is the consensus on titration with water vs. whole milk.

With water you can see the suspension, with milk.  well I would imagine you could not see it.  but I have heard you use whole milk becauseof the fat and it holds the particles in suspension better.    Will both work or is the milk way better than the water. 

I have all the gear, and  have actually started , using water, but am only on the first 3 % out of the 1% per day taper program.  so feedback would be appreciated by those in the know.

thanks

softtail

Hi softail,

Yes, both will work, but Milk is favored. For some, who are either allergic to milk, just can't stand the taste, or need to take it with them on the go, water is the better choice. (another option is soy milk)

The reason milk is favored is that the crushed benzo particles cling to the fat molecules in the milk, making it a sort of suspension and distrubuting the benzo more evenly. If you do use water, you just have to make doubly sure to mix it vigorously and immediately pull off the intended amount.

Ack!  Coming off 1mg in a week would be pretty scary.

I initally started titration using milk, but later switched to water.  I like seeing the little green particles floating and being removed.  I agree though, you have to stir it up really well.  I can't believe your doc said you could taper off in a week. ACK!

Tim