Mint/peppermint tea

[...]

I tolerated it fine, but stayed away from it for a few months because I heard it's a VERY mild GABA receptor antagonist. However this was my crazy brain being irrational. In reality it should have been fine and I drink it all the time now no problem. If it bothers you, just avoid it for a little while, but if it doesn't, have at it. :)

Thomas,

Thank you for your reply.  I tried mint tea from three days and my anxiety was just unstoppable.  I wasn't aware that his mint affects GABA.    Will be staying away for a while.

Is anyone experienced increase in anxiety after drinking mint/peppermint tea?

Yes, I too experienced the anxiety level was higher after drinking mint and peppermint tea. I completely stopped drinking it and will definitely wait awhile before trying to drink it again.  :smitten:

• 4 weeks later...

Is anyone experienced increase in anxiety after drinking mint/peppermint tea?

When I was doing Manage therapy, Mint oil was used to invigorate you :o and also Mint is quite a lively taste so that may also have an untenanted effect on you  :D Its also used to lift depression so it obviously hypes some people . I had to stop using it as well, I used to put a sprig of mint in green tea with a slice of lemon but it made me feel awful once I started my taper :( And I've had to stop drinks Lemon water as well, but others are fine with it, it sems to be any 'perky refreshing' tasting stuff gives me problems :tickedoff:

Love Nova xxx :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

• 2 months later...
It actually helped my symptoms but after a month of drinking it is went into acute withdrawal. Don't know if it was from the real oder not but might be. I read it's a gaba agonist and calcium channel blocker.

Im not surprised then that so many struggle with it. It reves up so much.I feel worse with anything that is a gaba agonist

shania

• 4 weeks later...

Is it now a gaba agonist or antagonist?

Peppermint oil capsules helps relax my belly and so help with sleep, i don't take it to often, because i don't know if its affect gaba.

• 10 months later...

I was just searching for info on !int tea and increase in sxs. I just fnished a cup and I swear I felt an upsurge in sxs. Thus I searched and found this thread.

I guess if I have nausea or upset stomach it may be worth the effort but no kore for me.

Good info, thanks

ATU