Hi, question need opinions before I talk to dr. tomorrow

[Be...]

Ok, my friend has worked in a pharmacy before and she bought a pill cutter and tried to cut my .05 mg of Clonzapam into 4 pieces for me this weekend. She could only do 1/2 due to the fact that it's the generic and so small since it's only .05 she said there is probably fillers or dyes in there making it hard to cut it crumbled when she tried to go more then 1/2. So I am going to call my dr. tomorrow and see if she will write a script for the CVS pharmacy to do this. I asked the pharmacist if he could do this. He said he could try but couldn't guarantee. So now what do I do? I was going to take 3 pieces of this for 1-2 weeks then 2 pieces for 1-2 weeks and then 1 piece to lessen anxiety and withdrawal.  So what if CVS can't cut it or the dr. won't order the script? I am only on .05 1 time a day and about 9 weeks now. Help. It's making my stomach really sick because there must be some chemical in there. Generic meds usually make me sick. Didn't know this was generic at first. I have a vey very sensitive stomach and severe IBS. Please send advice or opinions soon! Also, what do I do if I experience some anxiety while going off this, I have a perscript for an increase in my zoloft, I also have some vistrail. Thanks!

Bethers

Thanks in advance.

Bethers

I also took Clonazepam, but I was able to cut my .50mg pills into 1/4s without too much trouble.  :(

You could cut the pill in half, take the half, crush it into a powder, mix it with 1/2 cup of milk, drink 1/2 (1/4 cup) of that  (save the other half for the next day) along with another half pill for your total daily dose of .375mg. Does this sound okay?

I too took generic clonazepam and didn't have much trouble cutting them in quarters. 

Just to clarify, I"m pretty sure you mean 0.5mg (1/2 a mg), not .05mg.  ;)

ooops sorry just looked at it again it is 0.5 so basically that's 1/2 tab of Clonz. It must be the fillers/dyes or some chemical in there that's just messing up my IBS but I truly need to get off this stuff to feel better in more ways then one. :(

Bethers

Bethers,

Maybe you could look at titration?  My doctor wouldn't prescribe me pills under the 1mg level because he did not agree with me getting off of the medication.  In order for me to dry cut, I would have had to cut those little pills in 1/8's...which was impossible.  My other option was titration, which is working out nicely.  I had never heard of titration before I came to this forum, and at first it looked complicated, but it is really easy.  You might want to look at that option.

Tim

Ok dr is back in office today, she called in the perscription. I take another whole one tomorrow and then for 1 week I take 3/4 and then another week 1/2 and then another week 1/4 and then I am done! I hope it goes well. I am having some issues with my deprssion. I have been on zoloft for 10 yrs. It runs in my family. I may have to slowly up that while dealing with this. Please pray for me and my stomach through this process. It has been quite the year.

Bethers

Hi Bethers,

It sounds as if you have a plan, it seems a bit aggressive to me however.  But, if you and your Dr agree on it then I wish you the best.  We're here for you, so please let us know how you're doing.  And remember, if you feel this is too fast for you, we can help you with a taper plan.

Depression is a common withdrawal symptom, but if you're aware of this it might not be so scary.  Is your Dr willing to raise your dosage of your antidepressant if necessary? 

I hope your IBS gives you a break.

Pam :smitten:

Yes, I increased my antidep last night when I took it. Some side effects of diarrea but hopefully that goes away in 2 weeks. Ugh.

Bethers

Wow..

that seems like a very fast taper.  I hope things go well. :)  Let us know how you are doing, you should be done in no time.

Tim

Try not to be afraid, you could be one of those people who have very little trouble.  Whatever happens, we're here to help!

Bethers,

I was only on K for 8 weeks before I started my taper.  I am doing pretty well using the titration process.  I was very uneasy at first...but it really has gone smooth.  Sounds like you have a good plan to get off the meds.

You can do it.  :thumbsup:

Tim

So mad! Was all set to start my taper today and opened up the pills they were supposed to be cut in 1/4's by the pharmacy per dr's instructions. They were regualar sized. Pharmacy wanted me to do it. After much talking and pleading I am bringing the pills back and they will do it. Ugh. I am so mad! :tickedoff:

Tomorrow will work too, but I understand.  You had yourself psyched up and ready to get started.  Maybe if you see how they do the cut, you'll feel more comfortable trying it yourself next time. 

If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself! ;)  Good luck on your taper!