18 - 30 Month Plus Group

[No...]

I have annoying head pressure which have been there consistently from 3rd month . Right now I'm into 19 month of recovery , and I used benzo for 14 days and Gabapentin for 3 days. Can't believe what happened to me

I have annoying head pressure which have been there consistently from 3rd month . Right now I'm into 19 month of recovery , and I used benzo for 14 days and Gabapentin for 3 days. Can't believe what happened to me

Yep, the same. I was only on a brief time, two and half weeks, and only took 15 pills. I did try to rapid taper with 10 more for 2-½ weeks after realizing I was physically addicted when I just tried to quit. I've healed several times and have had several setbacks. Two due to alcohol (dumb) and one recent one from hospital meds (no idea!). I was feeling 100% healed for 2-½ years until this happened. Now I have all the crappy symptoms again.

• 2 months later...
I can't believe at 20 months off I'm as sick as I am. This constant push pull feeling in my brain is driving me crazy. I hope and pray we all start feeling better soon.

• 3 months later...

Just checking in to see if anyone who commented on this in the post has since recovered

Searched for this thread for the same reason. How are you people?

• Like 1

100% mentally but left with physical issues, nervous system is still sensitive to physical exertion and still crash for a few days occasionally if I push too hard. Most of my energy back but the pain is bad

100% mentally but left with physical issues, nervous system is still sensitive to physical exertion and still crash for a few days occasionally if I push too hard. Most of my energy back but the pain is bad

Thanks Lockie, it's good to hear from you. And it gives me hope. I hope you heal more soon!

When did your mental stuff go away Lockie? I’m 3.5 years off and left with just severe mental shit, any hope would be appreciated

At about 4 years my head cleared up had a few bad waves of intrusive thoughts and 4.5 years off 100% mental clarity and back to normal. Plagued with body pain bit that is all that's left

When did your mental stuff go away Lockie? I’m 3.5 years off and left with just severe mental shit, any hope would be appreciated

At about 4 years my head cleared up had a few bad waves of intrusive thoughts and 4.5 years off 100% mental clarity and back to normal. Plagued with body pain bit that is all that's left

Wow, glad to hear you're doing better Lockie! Sorry it took so long. I had about a 7-1/2 month setback from some medication given to me in February. I guess I'll have to be a lot more careful in the future. Feeling a lot better now though.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Buddies!  :smitten:

I believe I am in need of a group hug, with required social distancing and all, obviously...

43 months out tomorrow, which is 3 years and 7 months... my post-withdrawal is definitely not an easy one, even if my list of symptoms might not be the longest most exhaustive one on BBs, the intensity and longevity of the mental turmoil has been testing me beyond limit... monophobia, akathisia, deep deep deep apathy/anhedonia/emotional numbness... the inability to watch any TV or read for over 3 years, and when that started coming back a tiny little bit, I got slammed by a new wave with crushing debilitating exhaustion and extreme body weakness just after 3 years out! I've been in those new pits for about 4 months now, and every day is just groundhog day, with chemical anxiety being the one symptom which kind of ebbs and flows, although subject to the environment (noise and movement around me when I am trying to rest or keep calm triggers horrible heart palpitations).

Now add to that lockdown and tricky cohabitation...

People around me not believing this has anything to do with withdrawal anymore, because, well, surely, it's been 3 years and a half and I'm just getting mentally AND physically worse, aren't I? ... This is just so hard, Buddies... I am usually the one posting long uplifting messages but we all need support and encouragement, and sometimes, just to say it how it is. I am feeling so despondent and my moral this early morning is so low  :'(

I feel so alone  :'(

I just needed to reach out...

Thank you for hearing me out...

Thank you  :smitten:

Julz x

Hang in, Julz. We'll all get there. I know it's been a long haul for you -- it's been long for me, too. Almost 4 years off. I'm mentally recovered. But  I still get fatigued easily and am prone to headaches and some dizziness. But who knows . . . I might just be getting old lol!

Here's a hug. :hug:

And a kitten!

tenor.gif?itemid=10710890

Onward,

Katz

Hang in, Julz. We'll all get there. I know it's been a long haul for you -- it's been long for me, too. Almost 4 years off. I'm mentally recovered. But  I still get fatigued easily and am prone to headaches and some dizziness. But who knows . . . I might just be getting old lol!

Here's a hug. :hug:

And a kitten!

tenor.gif?itemid=10710890

Onward,

Katz

Aww!! Thank you, Katz!!!  :smitten:

Thank you for your kind words of support, and that lovely kitten of course!

Yes, it has been a long ride already, and sometimes you just need to let all the frustration out ... I'm sorry for my negativity...

I'm so happy to hear that you are mostly recovered, mentally! That is wonderful news, Katz!!! You too have had quite the ride, and have more than earned to get your life back. Your physical stamina will get better, just be patient with yourself, keep doing all the right things... i.e. take good care of yourself, and all will be ok soon. I look forward to reading your success story!  :thumbsup:

Warm healing hugs  :smitten:

Julz xx

• 1 year later...
[1b...]
I’m almost 24 months out only have nerve damage (tingling,burning,vibrating)left in my brain which still needs to completely heal. It’s definitely getting better thank god!