Author Topic: Long term benzo user, now free for over a year and doing well!!! You can too!!!  (Read 7947 times)

[Buddie]

[...],
Everyone's healing time is different. As well as symptoms. I feel like healing really begins if you are no longer damaging your vessel.
How have you been eating/what have you been eating?
I do the SCD diet and have noticed wonders. Lots of protein, no grains at all, no refined sugars, and cheese only once a week. Fruits every other day and only cooked, and all veggies besides potatoes or other starchy things. It helped me so much. The chicken soup and bone soup were both cost efficient and soothing.

Lots of water. TONS of water. Put pink salt in your water to help your body use it better.

Exercise is important. In the rehab when I was sicker than a dog, they made us go to the gym and do some kind of exercise every day. I started playing volley ball, and it helped me so very much. Even when I was hallucinating, the sweat and just movement helped me.
Now I hike often and I walk every where. Sometimes I do yoga stretches and light weights for my arms.

Keep yourself busy and distracted. I know you don't feel like doing much of anything, but it really all aids.

I started feeling better about 6 or seven months out. I didn't feel super functional until over a year. It takes a while but dont' focus on the losses, focus on the gains.

I suggest keeping a "grateful journal". Write down all of the positive things you've witnessed each month. And also all of the things for which you are thankful. This helps during the really bad days. A journal habit can be very helpful. Write yourself out of the illness.

Above all things, keep POSITIVE!!! Your immune system depends on it.

If you smoke, stop. If you're drinking or using drugs, that's dumb.

Hang in there, dude and if you ever need anyone to talk to, I'm on here once a week and will always respond.

Hi [...],

Sorry it took so long to write back! I stopped posting for a while.

Yes, everything you said, I totally agree with and do myself too!

I have journals going back 24 months now, and it helps so much to chart progress. Writing it all down really helps.We really do have healing patterns. It does have 'order' to it..but I could only see it after looking back on it, from the journals.

It seems random, but it's not.But it's hard to see it unless you write it down as it happens and look back on it.

Hope you'll come back and check in again..

Take care

[...]
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

[...],
I see that you have not been on in awhile but I read through all of your posts for two reasons. I have pushed through the hell of a slow klonopin taper to find out now I can't tolerate stirring things up with am ambien taper.
 So yes,I'm need to dig in again. But I do fantasize about a raid taper in detox. I need someone to tell me I am not dying just as you said. I could do it for myself with klonopin because I then went to sleep at night with ambien. Now all do the I will die from this got triggered again.

So if you come back send me a PM. I am doing a sugar detox and pushing more walking and yoga. I was starting to lose my ability to walk again, glad that you posted about that! I just pretend. I don't want to surrender my independence again if I can Help it!
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Just got on benzo buddies and you are my first success story read. I am only 3 months into the taper process of 3mg of Ativan per day.  Symptoms are horrible and some days I think I can't make it. And you are right. No one understands that hasn't been through it. You are an inspiration that I needed today. Thanks for sharing.

[Buddie]

This one really Hit Home

I still cant accept some of what happens in those detox facilities , Like when you said that you got desperate and when they checked on you they told that you was having cravings for a drug or alcohol, and treat you bad, like if u deserve to be treated bad for been suffering . its so F-up

On some facilities i had been , If you started to become kinda desperate with your symptoms, Even if you was not agressive and only needed words or someone to talk and calm you down for you to cope with that moment of despair, NO, If you act like that you would receive or beein pushed a injection of antipsichotics like haldol or whatever they decided, and if you refused that you would be tied up and they would push you the medication anyway you accepting or not , i was already aware of that , so on those facilitys i would not make anything to something like that occur with me .

Anyway on many facilities i had been , Like the first one , you was not allowed to refuse the medications , so if u didnt wanted to take it you would have to make it on your own , praying for not beein caught dropping or not taking it . if this happend , you would be punished and they would force injections of a strong antipsichotic or whatever on you ( its not a fairy tale , its true )

I SAW MANY REPULSIVE THINGS ON THOSE FACILITIES THAT I DIDNT WANTED TO SEE , AND DINDT WANTED HAPPENING TO ME ON TO ANYONE .

Myself passed tough many bad reactions from drugs And was treated very bad inside of them with no help with the reactions from the medications And more .

On those facilitys i seen many cases , ridiculous cases , like the parents of a boy , dropped him there , because they found a joint N he was not going to the school everyday, and they put him there for him to change that behavior, And some cases like, the father of a girl dropped her in there because he discovered that she was having relations with many boys , sleeping on their house,And wanting to live with one of them, silly things like that, I know that u cant belive in all what people says, like maybe there was other problems ,But when u think of it you see that was silly problems involved

And i saw those 2 beein higly medicated because their parents put them as inpatient , and at this facility they would push medications on anyone , and make them go to the meetings , like if this was going to brainwash and change them as person and behavior .

Those parents didnt know what they where making those "Kids" experience inside those faciltys, And making their sons been drugged up by this legal prescribed drugs , thinking that when they got out they would be wonderful, I bet and know the for most of them the Result was Nothing wonderful.

I bet THat many here that had been trough a Detox facility have stories to tell About it .

[...] , Thankyou Very Much for your encouraging post ! im 9 months recoveryng And i Still dont see a way out ,Im in a very bad situation , But a real story like that makes me keep going , Even thinking That i Lost it . There is something Inside me that makes me Keep going , I dont know What it is That Makes me keep Going , I really dont know what It is , But your encouragement makes it stonger , Congratulations after all girl, For making Trough it

Consider yourself a winner

[Buddie]

Anyone that has nay questions or needs any support feel free to inbox me. I check up weekly usually to he others get by. It's a [...] thing and nothing anyone should go through alone.
Also, I'd like it to be noted that these things are only my opinions due to what Ive experienced personally and have been through. I am not a doctor, nor am I pretending to impersonate one. I am simply giving an example of what has helped me heal, and I have the ability, time and want to reach out to others that are going through this situation.

[Buddie]

I have just started this process and your story, even though it made me cry, gives me so much hope for the future because you are right. I feel sometimes like I am dying. I feel like there is no light at the end of the tunnel. I started on Klonipan as well for anxiety and took them for five years. I am only six weeks into withdrawing and am scared to death. I am so glad I found this forum. Thanks again and congrats. Enjoy your life. You deserve it!

[Buddie]

Hello [...],

I read where you did the SCD diet. I just started it yesterday. Do you feel that it helped you?  It seems you were happy with results. How soon was it before until you noticed improvement and how long were you on it?  Do you still eat  by the SCD? Congratulations on being healed and living the good life. I'm almost there...except for my IBS symptoms.

Thank you!  Val

[Buddie]

Wait. “They get paid more to prescribe this drug?” WHAT?

[Buddie]

*bump*