Has anyone ever had this sx - ear pressure sounds like its under water

[lj...]

Hi All.  Just wondering if anyone has ever experienced this.  I had My last does of ativan 6 days ago and when I woke up this morning I noticed my voice sounded funny to me.  It'a almost sounds like a robot sound with the bass distorted.  My right ear feels like it is filled with pressure and I hear a constant worbly sound all through the day.  Almost like there is an air conditioning unit running in my right ear or its under water. 

I went to ED this morning and they referred me to an ear/nose doc, and said it looks like congestion in my head from my chronic sinusitis.  They gave me flonaze and sudafed but I still hear this noise in my ear at all times and its a little unpleasant lol.  No panic attacks though so that is a good thing but my anxiety is heightened today and I've felt dizzy a couple times.  The symptoms when googled seemed to point to something called eustacian tube dysfunction.  I'm sure I'm over analyzing and worrying, just curious if anyone else ever had this??  Thanks.

Yes, I have had exactly what you described, it was terrifying for me.  It only lasted for a day and it was a couple of months ago.  Cross

I've had Eustachian tube dysfunction for 5 years. It started 5 months after starting klonopin. I don't know if it contributed to it. I've had tubes in my ears which help a little. I do know most puerile only have this symptom for a little while. I hope yours goes away very soon! !

Yeah I have all kinda problems with my ears and this is one of them....Sometimes they feel tight or full and sounds is muffled or far away, but I'm also super sensitive to noise....This stuff is crazy.

Sounds like your tubes are stuck shut. Do you know how to clear your ears, like you would do when scuba diving? If not, google it. but basically you plug your nose, close your mouth and try to blow air out of your plugged nose (I know I'm not describing this well, that's why you need to google it lol). I've had many ear tube problems over my lifetime and my ENT told me to make sure I did this little ear clearing exercise several times per day.

The other thing to try is yawning and while your mouth is open move your jaw back and forth and see if that helps relieve the pressure.

Be careful with the sudafed. It will rev you up. If I were in your shoes though I would try it to get some relief.

Oh wow thanks for the replies.  Woke up this morning and the noise was gone.  Still get a little dizzy from time to time standing up or bending over at work had to sit down quickly a couple times.  And about the sudafed - Yeah I don't like the way it makes me feel :)  Thanks guys and gals, good to know!

Sounds like your tubes are stuck shut. Do you know how to clear your ears, like you would do when scuba diving? If not, google it. but basically you plug your nose, close your mouth and try to blow air out of your plugged nose (I know I'm not describing this well, that's why you need to google it lol). I've had many ear tube problems over my lifetime and my ENT told me to make sure I did this little ear clearing exercise several times per day.

The other thing to try is yawning and while your mouth is open move your jaw back and forth and see if that helps relieve the pressure.

Be careful with the sudafed. It will rev you up. If I were in your shoes though I would try it to get some relief.

I've been doing this instinctively since it started, doesn't help me....Oddly enough it causes pain in my left ear (the worst one) I've seen  an ent, nothing abnormal. I think the pressure, for me at least, is just a sensation or squeezing of the tube from muscle tension...They feel clogged or full, when really they aren't

• 1 month later...
  I also have the clogged ear on the right side of my head but I also have PET and  also have a tube in my ear so it's not painful it's just a clogged up feeling I'm sure it'll pass soon.