Titration less withdrawal symptoms?

[gr...]

I have been dry cutting klonopin for 4 months.  Has anyone done this then gone to liquid titration and found they had less symptoms??? Thanks

I didn't use K, but a daily liquid titration should reduce your symptoms, providing you are only cutting an amount that your body can tolerate each day. The beauty of daily titration is that you are totally in control of what that amount will be. If you find the amount is getting a bit too much, all you have to do is hold for a while and reduce the daily cut if you feel you need to.

I have been dry cutting klonopin for 4 months.  Has anyone done this then gone to liquid titration and found they had less symptoms??? Thanks

Just FYI, its not the liquid that makes the taper easier, its the ability to use liquid to make a series of tiny daily cuts (microtaper) that reduces sxs.

Almost everyone that switches to a daily taper finds its much more tolerable.

Oh yes, I should have clarified that. When you go to a titration method that usually means you are doing a daily taper, as opposed to a cut and hold taper. That is what makes all the difference - cutting small and often, instead of cutting large and less often.

I couldn't handle a cut-n-hold with K. The liquid titration is what saved me. Some may say that it is the K itself that is the root of the problem, and that it is harder to taper than other benzo's, but that hasn't been my experience.

tryinhard

Gracie,

I was unable to go below 0.875 mg K until I started micro-tapering with the water titration method.  I have been able to adjust the taper rate so that my symptoms have been tolerable all the way to this point. 

I am on Klonopin also and I was very sick. I couldn't dry cut anymore.  When I switched to liquid almost all of my symptoms went away within a day.

• 1 month later...

How do you measure after you dissolve in milk?

With oral syringes.  1ml and 10ml syringes are usually free at most pharmacies  They are also available from Amazon, along with larger (50-60ml) syringes.

Reading this gives me hope for tapering..  I'm stuck at 1.5 right now and also cannot handle dry cutting anymore.  I am also not used to being at 1.5 and I know it is causing anxiety and depression. Can anyone answer the following? 

How long most of you held when switching to liquid before reducing?  I have heard anywhere from a week to 3-4 weeks. 

I know it's best to use milk but is dissolving in vodka ok as well then adding water?  I'm planning on using 2-300 ml of liquid to reduce symptoms even further.  I want to be able to function or at least be able to make it to my doctor and pick up my scripts as these are obviously necessary.

Is it ok to titrate part liquid and take the rest in dry form (i.e. Reduce .25 via liquid and take 1.25 dry)

I am afraid to switch to all liquid with such a high dose.

Any info and encouragement is appreciated ;)..

I know it's best to use milk but is dissolving in vodka ok as well then adding water?  I'm planning on using 2-300 ml of liquid to reduce symptoms even further.  I want to be able to function or at least be able to make it to my doctor and pick up my scripts as these are obviously necessary. 

IMO, alcohol solution diluted with water is a much  better alternative.  Since it's non-perishable, you can make batches and keep them for several days, even 2 weeks or more.  It does not require refrigeration, and is not subject to bacterial contamination

Is it ok to titrate part liquid and take the rest in dry form (i.e. Reduce .25 via liquid and take 1.25 dry)

I am afraid to switch to all liquid with such a high dose.

Almost everyone who does liquid titration uses a combo of pills and liquid.

Any info and encouragement is appreciated ;)..

Thank you builder!  Can you or anyone else answer how long I should let my system adjust to the liquid dose before tapering?  I know this is considered a cut as well.

Thanks!

Personally, I don't believe any needs to "adjust" to liquid, especially when its only going to be a small proportion of your dose.  Its the same med.

Now however, having said that. I took my initial pills+liquid combo for 10 days with no reduction, just as a precaution.  And predictably,  I had no reaction at all to the change.  Certainly a trial of maybe 10 days isn't going to do any harm,and it will probably make you feel more comfortable about this procedure.