Confuse about the start of tapering

[h0...]

Hello Buddies - Im just wondering. How do you say to yourself that tapering can be started during your medication? Or it is just you want to get rid of these drugs to your system. Does these drugs really cure chemical imbalances in your brain, nervous system etc??

Benzos, like almost all psychoactive drugs, don't cure anything.  Benzos are CNS depressants ("mild tranquilizers" ) that temporarily relieve the symptoms of certain nervous disorders, primarily panic, anxiety, and sleep disorders.  Their effect is only a temporary reduction of the symptoms.  Also, almost all users of benzos will develop tolerance, meaning the drug will eventually not provide the therapeutic relief.

Hello Buddies - Im just wondering. How do you say to yourself that tapering can be started during your medication? Or it is just you want to get rid of these drugs to your system. Does these drugs really cure chemical imbalances in your brain, nervous system etc??

Benzos never cure anything. All they do is mask whatever symptoms you had when you started taking them. If you don't address that particular problem it will re-appear, so that's something you need to consider and make sure you take steps to sort out the problem you had when you started taking the benzo. For a lot of people they took the benzo for a temporary problem, which has now resolved, but because they became dependent on the benzo that then becomes the problem.

I think the fact that not only have you sought out BB, you are also posting and asking questions, indicates to me you probably are ready to start a taper. So that's half the battle won, but you have to WANT to taper. However, at the same time it's also very easy to find excuses not to start a taper - family problems, school, vacations etc. I see it often. Sometimes to start a taper you just need to take a leap of faith and do it.

Thank you for the enlightenment buddies. I really want to get rid of these drugs from my system. MD told it will take 2 months for me to taper.

Taper as fast as YOU want to taper, not how fast your doctor thinks it should take. Doctors often grossly underestimate how long it will take to taper. Make sure you are in control, not your doctor.