Valium Taper

[26...]

Need advice on tapering down from 9mg a day, currently at 14mg. I'll continue tapering with a reduction of 1mg every 2 weeks until I reach 9mg at this point I'll no longer be able to split pills effectively to ensure a 10% cut.

Any advice or criticism welcomed.

Thank you

I split tablets to do a cut-and-hold taper from 15 down to 9.

At 9 I started a daily microtaper with liquid V.  If your doc won't write a Rx for liquid V, there are several alternatives to liquify your tablets.

I have liquid valium so I'll use that when I get down to 9mg, thank you for replying. I'll probably follow your taper plan as outlined in your signature.

Currently at 7mg twice daily which I'll be holding for another week or so as I caught hand foot and mouth and still struggling to get over it, it's been 7 days now and I still feel dreadful. It's the weakest I've EVER felt, I just feel terrible in general.

In addition to withdrawal I'm also dealing with CPP (Chronic Pelvic Pain Syndrome) which I'm receiving pelvic floor physio for weekly which is also extremely difficult to deal with and is making this process all the more difficult.

I was placed on Clonazepam for '"anxiety" which I didn't have however agreed to try it as read it would help alleviate some the pain in my pelvic floor which it did for a while. 1 of 3 of the biggest regrets in my life, the other two involve AD's oddly enough. One in particular which triggered the issue with my pelvic floor.

I hate psychotropic medication in general however I have 10mg of Nortriptyline in the cupboard which I haven't touched yet. It's to help with the neuralgia and sleep, hardly sleeping at all at the moment, I'm scared to take it. Part of me is desperate for relief and the more sceptical part of me is very wary given the problems I've had in the past.

I hope God can give me the strength to see this through, both the taper and the physio and allow me my life back.

Struggling on.

I'm married with 3 amazing little girls and somehow through all of this mess I've just about managed to keep it together and hold onto my job which I'm always fearful of losing. Under the circumstances and after everything that's happened it's a miracle I've been able to work at all.

...like I said, struggling on.

I'd prefer not to give a time frame, and it's best to not give yourself a timetable to try to stick to either. Everyone is so different. You might be able to do it fairly quickly, especially in the early stages. My taper from 5mg took 22 months, and roughly a year of that time was just reducing the last 1mg. Throughout my taper I had a few "I should be done by ...." dates and each of them came and went and I was still tapering. Just take it one day at a time.

Boy I look at some of the taper plans on here and they make me feel like I'm going at hyper speed.  I started liquid tapering from 20mg about 2 and a half months ago and I'm down to 14mg now.  It hasn't been a party but at the same time it hasn't been hell on earth.  Maybe because I was only on benzos for about 6 months before I started tapering helps.  I'm wondering if I can expect to keep this pace up or if things are going to get a little more rough when I get to lower doses?  According to the Ashton Manual the standard is about 1 or 2mg every week or two and I'm dropping a mg every 10 days so that seems in the guidelines.  I was just wondering if anybody has kept that type of pace up throughout a taper?

I've started my daily liquid taper using a combination of tablets and solution.

Mixed 75ml of water with 25ml of liquid valium 5ml = 2mg to give me 10ml = 1mg of valium. I'll cut .5ml a day over 20 days and then begin the process again doing the same until I'm down to 10mg and review (5mg morning and evening) I'm presently at 6.95mg morning and 7mg in the evening as of today.

I'd like to say a special thank you to Builder who helped me work out how to begin this process correctly.

Wish me luck!

I'm nervous but only because I'm already anxious and also dealing with Chronic Pelvic Pain which I'm receiving physio for on a weekly basis. It's contributing heavily to my depression and anxiety, if I come out of this completely healed from both benzo withdrawal and my pelvic floor issue it will truly be a miracle.

I'll check in and give you an update on my progress shortly.

JP

:thumbsup:;)

I've started my daily liquid taper using a combination of tablets and solution.

Mixed 75ml of water with 25ml of liquid valium 5ml = 2mg to give me 10ml = 1mg of valium. I'll cut .5ml a day over 20 days and then begin the process again doing the same until I'm down to 10mg and review (5mg morning and evening) I'm presently at 6.95mg morning and 7mg in the evening as of today.

I'd like to say a special thank you to Builder who helped me work out how to begin this process correctly.

Wish me luck!

JP

:thumbsup::)

JP

You've confused me a bit with those measurements. If you are using the 2mg=5ml type of liquid valium, that means that 1mg of valium = 2.5ml of the liquid. Normally you reduce 1mg at a time and take the rest of your dose as dry tablets.

So if you want a 1:10 ratio you would need to put 2.5ml (not 25ml) of liquid valium with 7.5ml (not 75ml) of water to make a solution of 10ml that equals 1mg of valium.

If you want to use a 1:100 ratio you would need to mix 2.5ml of liquid valium with 97.5ml of water to make a solution of 100ml that equals 1mg of valium.

Please double-check the figure you've posted above because I'd hate you to be using more liquid valium than you should be, or not using the right ratio.

If you need any clarification on the process just check the first link in my signature below. It's all spelled out there.

Question.

Am I better reducing morning dose then evening and so on or alternatively reducing my morning dose down to zero and then commence reducing my evening dose?

Thanks

Question.

Am I better reducing morning dose then evening and do on or alternatively reducing my morning dose down to zero and then commence reducing my evening dose?

Thanks

IMO neither.  I think you will be best off bringing them both down together.

Question.

Am I better reducing morning dose then evening and so on or alternatively reducing my morning dose down to zero and then commence reducing my evening dose?

Thanks

IMO neither.  I think you will be best off bringing them both down together.

Thanks