weaning of 1mg K - am i going too fast?

[9t...]

Found my baseline at 1mg K. slept beautifully for 7 nights of sleep, very little sxs. Then stated water titration:

First night taper discarded .033

Second night discarded .066

Figured this rate would have me weaned in 333 days - but have since had 2 insomniac nights, seizures and night sweats, shortness of breath - Sunday and Tues night.

Any advice on what to taper at - am i going too fast? Do I just knuckle down and brave it out - maybe ask my doc to switch me to Valium - and try Ashton method? ANY help desperately appreciated.

sorry hard for me to do the math my brain is gone, I need to fix my profile too, this is the timeline and amounts:

8/11/15

70ml of K from 100ml / 1mg K solution liquid titration method - Trying to find baseline

8/12/15 – 8/15/15

80ml of K from 100ml / 1mg K solution liquid titration method - Still trying to find baseline

8/16/15 – 8/23/15 

100ml of K from 100ml / 1mg K solution, hallelujah! Baseline reached

8/24/15

Started micro water titration first night subtracted .3ml from 100ml / 1mg K solution

8/25/15

subtracted .6ml from 100ml / 1mg K solution, Full night insomnia, and other ugly symptoms

8/26/15 – Holding at .6, what to do - TBD???

So, you held and felt good for eight days on 1mg K?

Then removed .003mg (.3ml) for two days and feel awful?

Definitely hold and don't cut anymore, but I'm thinking .006mg is really not enough to make you feel much different at your dose.  It is possible the cut is too big, but not likely and even then I'd expect you to recover from it quickly as it simply is not much drug removed.

So right now I tend to think something else is going on.  Maybe the liquid is not right or some other problem like something different with foods or meds that affected your K level.

I'll definitely hold at .006. for at least a few days - hoping to gain some of the ground I was on at 1mg.

As for the liquid, I'm mixing in a 4oz baby bottle, which has a 100ml tic marks on side, maybe I need to buy a beaker? The bottle is convenient cause I can shake it up and it's easy to use the 3ml plastic syringe to remove and discard the K for weaning. Better thoughts?

I also take Hydro Cortisone to manage my Adrenal Fatigue symptoms - symptoms mimic K withdrawal - making this so maddeningly difficult to manage. I know that K can suppress HC and take 30mg of HC per day, which seems to be my sweet spot and have done well on it. It's a higher dose then a woman my height/weight should be on (usual doses are 20-25mg) and the 30 seems to make up for what ever the K is suppressing.

I took a stress dose of HC (2mg) during the night on the chance that it was AF that was keeping me up. Perhaps due to the AF I'll just have to go at an excruciatingly slow rate...I don't know. I'm willing do do anything to minimize the insomnia - which is the worst. Maybe I need to back off the HC? I'll discuss with my doc - seeing him in early Sept.

I do know I ate too many cookies yesterday and am recommitting to eating cleaner - damn cookies  :sick:. Have you noticed sugar as a reoccurring issue with withdrawal? Sugar, yet another addictive drug. grrr.

thanks SG57

Yeah, hold until you sort out what is going on.

On the baby bottle, it sounds like a good container, but I would measure with syringes.  I would not trust the bottle scale to be accurate or precise.

On the HC, I don't know about AF or that drug.  What matters most is changes.  Drugs can affect other drug levels by changing the rate they are metabolized at.  K is metabolized by enzyme 3A4 so this is the one you want to look for effects on.  I'll do a quick search on HC.

I have seen people who get revved simply by eating sugar or drinking coffee.  I don't and never did.  It can be a detective game at times until you figure out what exactly happens in your own case.