I'm FREE!

[fu...]

I wanted to post some hope for people out there struggling with getting off these nasty pills.  I did it....and it sucked....but I did it!  It feels so good to not be looking at the clock for what time I have to take what pill.  I have good days and not so good days, but I survive them all and I'm better for it.  STAY STRONG!  Not every moment is easy, but there are easy moments.....and more of them come every day.  Guided and mindful meditation is what got me through the worst of it and where I attribute most of my success.  I never lost any sleep and I give credit to progressive muscle relaxation for that.  I had to do hard things like make time to meditate, make sure I drank enough water, cut alcohol, avoid some social situations, take a lot of walks, be VERY open with my husband, tell some friends about my horrible fears and crippling symptoms, journal every day, make sure I was eating right,  and do a half hour of muscle relaxation before bed.  I still do most of these things because I want to continue to feel better. 

I tapered using Valium, but was on so many drugs in the last 6 months it's embarrassing to name. I think it's listed below....at least some of them.  Klonopin was my staple for the last many many years.  My worst symptom was irrational fear and it was AWFUL!  Others were night sweats, irritability, blurry vision, light sensitivity, loss of interest (mimicking depression).  I just hope everyone remembers that is DOES get better.  It sucks for a long time sometimes, but it does get better.

Hang in there, more people are dealing with undesirable things than we realize, you got this!  :thumbsup: