titration from lexapro?

[ri...]

Is it possible to do titration from 5mg of lexapro? I really need to get off of it as I feel it is making me sick. I have  been on it for four weeks. I started it at the same time I was cold turkey ed from Xanex. July 23rd. I do not want to suddenly stop the Lexapro as my mind is in a fragile state from the cold turkey Xanex withdeawal. I would like to do titration with the lexapro and come off slowly but if is a little confusing to me. I watched the titration video bug still don't completely undersrand. Can anyone PLEASE help me with this? TV

Thank you

I Googled pill sizes, Lexapro comes in 5mg and 20mg tablets.  Lexapro was the only AD I ever took. I took it for about a year and a half, tapering by dry cutting wasn't problematic…the only thing I noticed were brain zaps for awhile, which is pretty typical.  I believe I was on a higher dose, but I can't remember for certain.

Personally, I'd probably break it in half, take a half for a couple of weeks and then drop to a quarter or even just stop if I was doing okay.  I wouldn't go to the trouble of titrating it, I think even what I've suggested may be overdoing a taper after four weeks.  It's barely had time to start up yet.

The only thing is that you are early into your withdrawal from Xanax and that may be why you feel so sick.  Hard to tell, really…the first month off of a c/t is usually pretty miserable.

There is a forum with a lot more expertise for tapering antidepressants.  They have the potential to be just as bad as benzos so I would not mess around with the lexapro...

survivingantidepressants.org

I have been on both Paxil and Lexapro and both were horrible to come off.  Tapering for me did not work; it only made the process drawn out and more likely to go back at full strength.  And the whole time I was tapering, I was suffering and not making it any better down the line at all.  What I found with both SSRI's (Paxil, Lexapro)  when going cold turkey (with numerous failures before success)  is that over several days, the symptoms (mostly brain zaps)  :laugh::o would build and build until I couldn't stand it and then I would go back.  But on both occasions, I found that it was at that point that I was just about the over the hill when I went back and started all over again.  So I found it best to just go cold turkey and right after I got over that height where I had quit in the past, it was suddenly all over.  My advice, go cold turkey, but plan a few sick days or vacation days so you don't have to do anything and don't have any responsibilities.  Just plan to be a lazy bumb around the house.  The first day or two you can probably go about your business without too much pain, but after that, its best to shut life down for a few more days.  Its horrible, but it doesn't last that long.  I get the feeling that Benzos are not quite as quick, I'm not sure....I'll see.  :-\  Good luck.