Buttermilk?

[Ed...]

Really, vodka (alcohol) or propylene glycol are far better alternatives.  They can both be easily diluted to whatever concentration you choose, can be prepared in batches for 7-10 days, and can be stored at room temps.

Really, vodka (alcohol) or propylene glycol are far better alternatives.  They can both be easily diluted to whatever concentration you choose, can be prepared in batches for 7-10 days, and can be stored at room temps.

I agree with builder about the alcohol but if you want to use the milk method, buttermilk should work fine.  It is the fat in the milk that dissolves the benzo and I think buttermilk has plenty.

Stay strong!

sharkey

I agree with builder about the alcohol but if you want to use the milk method, buttermilk should work fine.  It is the fat in the milk that dissolves the benzo and I think buttermilk has plenty.

Stay strong!

sharkey

Sharkey, that may or may not be true.  Do you really want to send this person off to experiment on themselves?

Stay strong!

sharkey

Sharkey, that may or may not be true.  Do you really want to send this person off to experiment on themselves?

Please explain.  I have been told on here that K was alcohol and fat soluble.  If this has been proven wrong please advice.  I definitely don't want to give wrong information.

Thanks,

sharkey

Stay strong!

sharkey

Please explain.  I have been told on here that K was alcohol and fat soluble.  If this has been proven wrong please advice.  I definitely don't want to give wrong information.

Thanks,

sharkey

We think that the fat is what makes milk work so well, but it is not well understood.  And also, homogenization is very important.  Without this the fat is not distributed evenly in the milk.  Is the buttermilk homogenized?  I guess my point is stuff happens, things can go wrong easily so I think it is better to stick with known methods and add in new ones carefully.

Well, I am an engineer, but NOT a chemist or pharmacist, so I have always avoided discussions about how diazepam reacts in milk.  And I don't drink milk, and I don't like milk.

But a quick google search will bring up multiple references showing that diazepam is "lipid soluble".  "Lipid" means "fat", so it would seem to me diazepam dissolves in full-fat milk (or other fatty liquids)

"Diazepam is highly lipid-soluble..."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diazepam

Now, even though I am not a chemist or a pharmacist, my many years of engineering work in industry have given me pretty good understanding of "solvent", "solution" "dissolve", "suspend" etc, especially with respect to common solvents (alcohol, glycol, etc) and suspension and emulsifications.  But not so much about milk. ::)  But it seems to me, if it's "highly lipid soluble" then it probably dissolves in fatty liquids, like milk.

But again, because I understand, and have worked with conventional food/pharma/industrial solvents like alcohol and glycols,I would choose them over milk.  I understand them, I know they work, I know they are stable, and have only vary basic storage requirements.  But this is probably one of those discussions that realy doesn't matter in the real world.  Folks have been doing successful milk tapers for a long time, so it apparently works.

If you want to mix a fresh batch each day, deal with the storage and transportation issues, you'll probably do fine.