Discard/removing dosage

[ji...]

Hey,

New to the whole titration method and I noticed that it was said to take out the ml of what you're reducing to with your schedule but I was wondering what that means exactly? Are you really getting rid of it/disposing of it? Couldn't you save it for a future dose? If not, how come? Just trying to get some information.

I am currently attempting to take .25mg as a dry cut but I have been having some bad symptoms so I was hoping to make a more accurate dosage or at least to help me lessen some of the symptoms. I don't know how willing my doctor will be to work with me on this since the Dr. I initially saw actually left the practice (the one that prescribed the benzo(s)).

That's called the "pull to discard" concept. You mix a batch of liquid, pull out your cut amount and discard that, and drink the rest. Unless your doing a milk taper, its really not an appropriate technique.  Its done with milk because milk is perishable and cannot be stored for very long.

A much better concept for most liquids is "pull to dose".  You just withdraw the needed amount from your supply, and add drink  that in addition  to the rest of your dose.  No need to discard anything.

Your post doesn't say what your med is, or what dose. but for example if you were taking 5 mg V and wanted to cut to 4.75, (.25 cut), you would take 4mg in pills and .75 by liquid.

Hello,

Sorry about that I thought I had mentioned it, but I am currently on klonopin. So could I mix up .5mg in 100ml of liquid and just take out 50ml and save the other half in the fridge or something?

Hello,

Sorry about that I thought I had mentioned it, but I am currently on klonopin. So could I mix up .5mg in 100ml of liquid and just take out 50ml and save the other half in the fridge or something?

Yes.  And you can safely make even larger "batches" so you didn't have make them as often.