Switching To Liquid -- Best Way To Do It (Ativan)

[Bb...]

So since my last cut I haven't been able to stabilize. Since I dose .45mgs of Ativan over four doses a day now (approx. .1125mgs per dose) using a scale, I'm guessing my doses are so small there's no way to accurately get the same amount of A each dose, and that's contributing to my problems.

So what's the best way to liquefy A? I could ask my doctor for the liquid Ativan. Would prefer not to do vodka, as I'm a migraine sufferer and am having issues with alcohol causing headaches right now.

For ativan there are several choices.  As you said, you could get the liquid from your doctor and dilute it.  You could compound.  You could use the alcohol/water method (tiny amount of alcohol).  You could use propylene glycol to substitute for the alcohol.  Finally, you could suspend with Ora Plus.  Others suspend with plain water, which can be made to work if you develop the skill.  That about covers it.

I'd avoid plain water as it requires "the right touch" and skill.  Other than that it is a preference.  I hear Ora Plus can be a little expensive.  I personally would not trust a compounder to get the right concentration.  That leave prescription, alcohol/water, and PG/water.  They are all good options in my book.  If you can get your doc to prescribe it, that might be the best one.  Then just dilute with water to the right strength.

Thank you! I'll call him today to get the prescription.

I would love to know how you dilute....I'm on .5 of Ativan a day. I take .25 in the am and .25 in the afternoon. I want to move to liquid but unsure how to properly dilute and taper.