Need tapering plan

[Ed...]

Hi..I just joined and was approved, the moderator sent me a message saying someone would help me set up a taper plan but o don't know where to post for that..am I in the right place? Thnx!

Hi..I just joined and was approved, the moderator sent me a message saying someone would help me set up a taper plan but o don't know where to post for that..am I in the right place? Thnx!

Here will be fine.  But you need to share a lot more info.  What benzo are you on, what dose, how long, other meds, etc.

Create a signature showing the needed info.

I take the Klonopin at night only and have been on it for 15 years. Please help with tapering schedule- thank you! See Signature for details.

I take the Klonopin at night only and have been on it for 15 years. Please help with tapering schedule- thank you! See Signature for details.

Hey edgyangie,

Have you read about the different methods?  How to dissolve and with what?  Lots of people willing to help with a taper plan but you have to be specific or your post will usually will not get a response.  In very general terms, if I were you, I would make a 100ml/1mg solution and reduce at a rate of .25ml/.0025mg a day to start.

Stay strong!

sharkey

Hey edgyangie,

Have you read about the different methods?  How to dissolve and with what?  Lots of people willing to help with a taper plan but you have to be specific or your post will usually will not get a response.  In very general terms, if I were you, I would make a 100ml/1mg solution and reduce at a rate of .25ml/.0025mg a day to start.

Stay strong!

sharkey

Hi, Angie, I hope you are feeling better.  The 100ml/1mg solution makes it easy to calculate your percentage: 1ml=.01mg (=1%). Considering your bad WD symptoms Sharkey's recommendation to start slow after you stabilize at your current cut is wise, just to see how you respond. Whether or not you should up dose is a question for the wise on this forum if you are still plagued with bad WD symptoms. FYI,  propylene glycol is the same ingredient in Miralax, but you will be using 2ml which is less than 1/2 teaspoon.

Hi Judy, I'm not good at the math..right now I'm using a 10ml dosing syringe as that's all I have. My husband ordered a 100ml cylinder and syringe from Amazon, should be here tomorrow. I've been throwing out 1ml. Of the 10 ml so I'm at a 10% reduction (from 1mg. K). Tonight I threw out 1.2 ml, at least I think that's what it was..it was one line below the 1ml on the syringe. So I'm at 12% reduction right? How does this translate with 100ml.? I get so confused, I was never good at math in school lol. Thanks!

Hi Judy, I'm not good at the math..right now I'm using a 10ml dosing syringe as that's all I have. My husband ordered a 100ml cylinder and syringe from Amazon, should be here tomorrow. I've been throwing out 1ml. Of the 10 ml so I'm at a 10% reduction (from 1mg. K). Tonight I threw out 1.2 ml, at least I think that's what it was..it was one line below the 1ml on the syringe. So I'm at 12% reduction right? How does this translate with 100ml.? I get so confused, I was never good at math in school lol. Thanks!

Angie, The new larger cylinder will help you reduce your taper amount by a smaller daily amount which should help minimize your symptoms.. You will need a 1 ml oral syringe too if it doesn't come with your cylinder.  I got mine from the vet.

I hope you are over your WD symptoms because your first cut was big and you described pretty severe WD symptoms.  Most folks would hold at that amount until their symptoms subside before cutting further, a week, maybe two.

With your 100ml cylinder, dissolve the 1mg tablet in 2ml PG, milk or alcohol and fill up the cylinder to the 100ml mark with water. That will make a solution of 0.01mg in every 1ml water. So to cut 10% over 10 days you would toss 1ml on day 1, 2ml on day 2, 3ml on day 3, etc. so by day 10 youve tossed 10ml or 10%. If you are already down to a 10% reduction, you would toss 11ml, 12ml, 13ml...

However if you are not feeling well I hope you will follow Sharkey's advice and go slower. He recommends 0.25ml per day.

You have to be the judge. If you notice others on this forum who have gone too fast, they have suffered bad WD and have up dosed or held at the current taper rate until they felt better. I hope you'll do the same.

Thanks Judy, when you say to fill the 100ml cylinder with 100ml of water that's not accounting for the 2ml of drug water though right? So wouldn't I fill the cylinder with 98ml to allow for the drug water? Last night is the first night I used the big cylinder and I messed up...I poured my 100ml (including the alcohol drug mixture) out of the cylinder into a jar with a lid so I could shake it up further, took the 12% out (I'm at 88% of Klonopin now and doing pretty well, mostly headaches as wd symptoms) then drank the rest but after doing that realized there was a decent amount of drug sediment left in the bottom of the cylinder! Ugh, I really couldn't do much about it since I had already taken my "dose". I was nervous about how I would feel but other than a strange headache pounding in the left side of my head, I'm ok. I guess I don't have my process down too well. I understand the percentages but don't have the smoothest method.  ;)

You're correct; you add 98ml of water to make the 100ml solution. Assuming your klonopin dissolved in water, which some folks here says it won't, the sediment you see at the bottom is likely filler that doesn't dissolve. You should just add more water to the cylinder, swirl it around and drink it. Perhaps you could dissolve the tablet in the jar and use the cylinder to measure the water to add to the jar. You will get the hang of it, even the math, it just takes time. 

How much are you planning to withdraw a day?

Hi Judy, I actually just replied to you in my other post...I'm still using my 10 ml syringe to measure my doses, I just got used to it I guess. I'm planning to titrate down in 2% increments which is one line on a 10 ml syringe/cylinder..it's been ok so far, I really only had bad symptoms when I made my initial 1mg to .75 mg. cut which was just too big of a jump...I went back up to .90mg from the .75 (for 4 days I think it was) now I'm down to .88mg so I'm throwing out 12% or 1.2ml. out of 10. Hope that makes sense because it's about the only way I understand it right now lol. I'm still planning to go down 2% every 3 or 4 days unless I start having too many symptoms and I will switch to 1%. I may have to when I get down lower, just not sure yet. Thanks for the help- hope you are doing well!