Is 2% a day too fast?

[ke...]

I'm dependent on Etizolam.  I've heard that at the higher doses, I can make a larger cut.  Right now I'm at 12mg a day from about 14.  I feel some nausea and have to hit the can a lot.  I also feel a bit jumpy, but generally okay.  My vision was blurry for a few days when I made the first cut.  The thing is, I've heard Etizolam is a bit more forgiving in the withdrawal stage.  I would really like to be down to 1mg by the end of the year and then move to a 1% daily taper until I'm down to the equivalent of .1 mg of valium or .01 mg of Etizolam. 

I'm dosing 3x daily equivalent doses.  Morning, mid-day, and before bed.  The taper would take me from 12mg today to 1mg on 12/23 (124 day taper).  I am prescribed 1mg Xanax as needed for panic attacks.  I would likely use them as a bail out pills and if I do have a severe panic attack slow down the taper schedule.  Also, I just quit c/t tramadol and nuvigil.  I feel like some of what I'm feeling right now is probably partially that too. 

I was also thinking about using immodium and possibly an otc anti-nausal to tamp down some of the symptoms.  Any suggestions, ideas, arguments, advice, anything?  Thanks.

2% per day is 10% per 5 days.  Most folks here would consider that too fast.

It's not actually 10% per 5 days because percentages are diminishing.  In this case, I wouldn't cross the 10% reduction amount until day 7.  I'd be at about 30% reduction in 20 days.  But after that, the difference slows very quickly.  I would be at 36 days before I hit the 50% mark.  Then:

- 10% at 7 days

- 20% at 13 days

- 30% at 19 days

- 40% at 27 days

- 50% at 36 days

- 60% at 47 days

- 70% at 62 days

- 80% at 80 days

- 90% at 115 days

- 98% at 195 days

- 99% at 231 days

I've heard that the major reductions are easier at the top and get tougher as time goes on.  For me, I am trying to get my maintenance dose down quickly, but will slow down if I need to add more time.  I might have to slow to 1.5% and then to 1% at some point.  Just from what I've heard about high dose, the difference isn't so severe at the peak of use. 

It's a thought and I thank you for your feedback.