Announcement: It is with regret... ×

Pelvic pain, burning VJ/ prostate, urinary type problems support group

[ol...]

Wow, thought I'm the only one with this odd sx, didn't know how to bring it up. Mine entire area down there feels sore like irritated by wearing pants. It's not too painful more like sore. During taper there were insane burning sensation thought I had cauda equina as I injured my lower back why I started valium. Later on I realized it's all from this crap. Parathesia is one of my main sx. There are lots nerves in that area and not surprising.

Crazy it started just recently I'm 7 months off now.

Do you have the same sensation on other body parts?

Wow, thought I'm the only one with this odd sx, didn't know how to bring it up. Mine entire area down there feels sore like irritated by wearing pants. It's not too painful more like sore. During taper there were insane burning sensation thought I had cauda equina as I injured my lower back why I started valium. Later on I realized it's all from this crap. Parathesia is one of my main sx. There are lots nerves in that area and not surprising.

Crazy it started just recently I'm 7 months off now.

Do you have the same sensation on other body parts?

Mine is sore/raw  like I've scratched the skin off it or cut it  :D I have all over constant  body burning even my brain, its hell  :'( and one of my worst symptoms, I've had it a few year's now, I'm tapering  and I have a LOT of very bad symptoms even a tiny cut effs me up and I have to hold for ages after each cut.

Nova  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Ladies, I suffered with the burning sensation in the "privates." It was brutal, but as with all these crazy symptoms, it won't last. Time will heal it.

Ladies, I suffered with the burning sensation in the "privates." It was brutal, but as with all these crazy symptoms, it won't last. Time will heal it.

Thanks Cindy  :hug:

Nova xxx :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hello friends,

I also had burning, stabbing pain in my clitoral/vaginal area. It came on while in tolerance withdrawal. I sought help from gynecologists and pelvic physical therapists. No one could explain the symptoms. I believe it was neural stimulation/damage from the drugs. It eventually softened. I hope you find relief soon.

Wishing you wellness,

Carita

Hi,

I am here to offer hope. I had burning vagina, and burning buttocks that I call "saddle ass". It was alarming. This was fairly early in withdrawal. But it went away (along with crippled hands) after I made significant reduction in dosage, and switched to micro tapering. Remember that we are suffering from an iatrogenic illness, not just trying to withdraw from a drug safely. This and many other horrible symptoms will likely go away. Keep the faith.

Bennie

We’re your buttocks also extremely tight, rigid and pulling g on coccyx, sacrum and ion go low back? Tight band across the out from sacrum, sacrum feels rigid, burning etc. Unbearable to lie or sit on. Worried because surgery at L5/S1 was why ended up on Benzos.

Also anyone else have a sort of ‘erect’, swollen clitoris that hurts?’

I had pelvic prolapse due to WD by but physio says pelvic floor is tight (every muscle in body contracted)

• Like 1

I developed a pelvic floor disorder-like condition due to my benzo w/d. I had all the symptoms you folks are describing. I found a PT who specialized in PFD. She was extremely helpful. In her opinion, the discomfort we feel (burning, creepy feelings, extreme sensitivity to touch -- I had to wear my underwear inside out because the seams actually hurt my butt) is due to the pudendal nerve being impinged -- and in my case, a tightening of muscles "down there" (you wouldn't believe how many muscles she worked on!) as well as around the coccyx and in my butt. Oh brother. I was in serious pain and burning discomfort, as well as pain from locked-up muscles. It took about 6 months of treatments but I finally got "fixed". I highly recommend searching for a PFD PT. They can really help out with these awful s/x.

Hope this helps,

:smitten:

Katz

• 3 weeks later...
I am so grateful that I found this group. Month 49 problems with the bladder with pain and tingling. I have had urinary tract infection before, but this is not the same. Sometimes it feels better. Painkillers make it worse, so I have to avoid that.  :)

I bought some Dr Wheatgrass super balm to try help heal my anal fissure, :D haemorrhoids, :D all over severely dried skin :D, and after my vaginal area becoming even worse  :D I applied some down there this morning and its helped :) Its made from Wheatgrass by a genuine Dr in Australia but it ships all over the world, and can be used on raw skin, open wounds burns and for a LOT more purposes too.

Here's the link to the website where you can find where to buy it where you live, plus lots of info about it,  and also some people resell it on Amazon its not cheap so check were its cheapest to buy it from in your area. The cream I bought was a bit cheaper form the website of the UK reseller where I live, but the Wheatgrass spray which I just ordered as its too painful to rub my body due to burning hell all over nerve pain :D was cheaper on Amazon than the UK website    https://www.drwheatgrass.com.au/about-wheatgrass/

Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten:  :smitten:

• 2 months later...

It seems that in reviewing cases of people who get better from pelvic pain, that those like me who previously cold turkeyed and kindled and were on their benzo for years do not seem to heal.

Is this true?  Or will it just take years to heal?

• 4 weeks later...
I came to that conclusion by reading the stories here of many people that cold turkeyed and kindled and had been on a benzo for years.  I hope I am completely wrong.

• 7 months later...

I'm going to bump up this Pelvic Floor Dysfunction thread, as a few of us seem to be suffering from it now.

I have an amazing PT who specializes in PFD, she just had a baby, so is still off for a bit.

I think I really need to see her, but I'm so nervous about covid!!

We just came out of a lockdown situation here and the UK variant is taking hold quickly and spreading voraciously throughout the community!!

I think this is one of the hardest things about going through this with covid, not having access to proper care that help symptoms.

For example it took me forever just to find a lab that I could just walk in and get blood test and urinalysis to see if I had UTI!!!

Everything is by apt only and no apts for 2 weeks at any of the labs near me!!

I just have to figure out how to get up the courage to get my PT to come here, I'm just so scared, my immune system is so weakened at the moment.

Anyway, here's the bump to bring up this topic, hopefully, it will be of some help to people.

Winnie

• 3 weeks later...
[17...]

I developed a pelvic floor disorder-like condition due to my benzo w/d. I had all the symptoms you folks are describing. I found a PT who specialized in PFD. She was extremely helpful. In her opinion, the discomfort we feel (burning, creepy feelings, extreme sensitivity to touch -- I had to wear my underwear inside out because the seams actually hurt my butt) is due to the pudendal nerve being impinged -- and in my case, a tightening of muscles "down there" (you wouldn't believe how many muscles she worked on!) as well as around the coccyx and in my butt. Oh brother. I was in serious pain and burning discomfort, as well as pain from locked-up muscles. It took about 6 months of treatments but I finally got "fixed". I highly recommend searching for a PFD PT. They can really help out with these awful s/x.

EXACT problem I’m having. Word for word. Pudendal nerve. Tightening butt. Feels like I’m sitting on a golf ball. Coccyx pain. Burning all the way into my vagina and butt.

I can’t afford PT but my doctor has been kind enough to tell me things I can do at home. I thought I was crazy and something was really wrong with me. I’m glad this just yet another symptom of WD. It’s been 6 long months. 

Also, do you get sweaty or did you get groin sweat with this? I feel extra sweaty in my groin area since this has happened.

• 9 months later...

I don't know if this will get a response but I'm losing my mind over these symptoms!

For months now I've had insane pressure that felt like hemmoroids.  I've treated it, it would come and go but now it's horrible!  Worse, as of last night and today, the same insane pressure is felt vaginally.  I swear I feel like I'm going to explode from the inside out. I haven't had this much pressure since I gave birth to my son!  However, my abdominal muscles and even my head feels like there's a ton a pressure as well!  I feel like a darn time bomb ready to go off!  It's like every single muscle is rigid.

Of course I've diagnosed myself with rectal prolapse, and every other kind of prolapse imaginable!  I'm in the last few months of my taper and I feel like I have hit a wall with every physical symptom known to mankind.  I'm sooooo darn uncomfortable that I can't function. I dont know what doctor to call first.  And now, as I sit here typing, I'm getting so anxious that I feel like I'm going to pass out.  How can a body have THIS MUCH pressure inside it! 

Does anyone know if this is definitly a taper related issue?  I have been through so many tests in the past 3 years and the thought of more, let alone embarrassing tests, is overwhelming! 

L

[17...]

I don't know if this will get a response but I'm losing my mind over these symptoms!

For months now I've had insane pressure that felt like hemmoroids.  I've treated it, it would come and go but now it's horrible!  Worse, as of last night and today, the same insane pressure is felt vaginally.  I swear I feel like I'm going to explode from the inside out. I haven't had this much pressure since I gave birth to my son!  However, my abdominal muscles and even my head feels like there's a ton a pressure as well!  I feel like a darn time bomb ready to go off!  It's like every single muscle is rigid.

Of course I've diagnosed myself with rectal prolapse, and every other kind of prolapse imaginable!  I'm in the last few months of my taper and I feel like I have hit a wall with every physical symptom known to mankind.  I'm sooooo darn uncomfortable that I can't function. I dont know what doctor to call first.  And now, as I sit here typing, I'm getting so anxious that I feel like I'm going to pass out.  How can a body have THIS MUCH pressure inside it! 

Does anyone know if this is definitly a taper related issue?  I have been through so many tests in the past 3 years and the thought of more, let alone embarrassing tests, is overwhelming! 

L

Sorry you’re dealing with this, this is pretty much everything I’m dealing with. I was diagnosed with rectal prolapse, bladder prolapse and urethra prolapse. I’m not sure how it’s all related to benzos but my brain says it is. Pelvic floor therapy has helped SO much!!  I wouldn’t worry about tests being embarrassing, the doctors who help with this kind of thing see this on a daily basis and are very sympathetic towards it. The doctor who diagnosed me was a urogyno after my GI sent me to him. I’ve been referred to general surgery that speacilizes in bowels but with I’ve been waiting that out since my pelvic therapy has shown good results. A vaginal examine can help tell if you have any prolapse going on! It wouldn’t hurt to get it all checked out. I wish I wouldn’t have waited as long as I did to check bc I thought it was just WD symptoms, but I did in fact have multiple prolapses. 

You may not have any prolapse, I thought I did in the beginning and I didn’t. It wasn’t until year two that my muscles decided to take a crap on me. :( 

• 1 month later...
Anyone else out there interested in this thread?  I'm male, and start pt for my pelvic floor in a few weeks.  Ive had all kinds of tests and the problem is all muscular, I believe started by benzo recovery or benzo recovery stress.

[17...]

Anyone else out there interested in this thread?  I'm male, and start pt for my pelvic floor in a few weeks.  Ive had all kinds of tests and the problem is all muscular, I believe started by benzo recovery or benzo recovery stress.

This isn’t really advice but more so insight.

My mom works for a urologist that specializes in treating cancers and other things for males.

She has had to send males to pelvic PT for muscle weakness/tightness and she said they come back in months later and thank them because it was very helpful! 

This isn’t really advice but more so insight.

My mom works for a urologist that specializes in treating cancers and other things for males.

She has had to send males to pelvic PT for muscle weakness/tightness and she said they come back in months later and thank them because it was very helpful! 

I start pelvic floor PT in a few weeks.  I'm excited to have some help in this area.  I guess you could say it's the one thing I'm looking forward to.  My urologist is pretty progressive so he was on board with it, and another buddy here on another thread clued me in to this too.  Thanks for the recommendation!  I'm glad to know that theres a chance of positive results- both from what you've written just now, and your own experiences

My pelvic floor PT was off for a while with Covid but is back in her office now. I need to see her again for the same old problem -- pain in the butt. Literally. She's vaxxed and asks everyone to wear a mask, so I'll feel pretty safe.

May we all get the relief we need.

:)

Katz

• 3 weeks later...

I go to a PT: internal.was required and as a male I was terrified but it was relieving and when she pressed on trigger points that mimic issues, I was reassured.

Many nerve bundles in pelvic region. Hence 'nervous bladder'... I developed testicular pain along way which TERRIFIED me along with every other symptom: I cannot stress enough the absolute necessity of deep breathing. Constant deep slow calm breaths and it's taken months......a lifetime to master.... Stretching has been necessary too: quadratus lomborous and psoas... Uptown Mike on you tube is a help... breathing and stretching, then strength and stretch.....it's exhausting BUT the good news is: hope!! Nothing scarier for me than these symptoms which mimic prostate / urinary issues. 

If any males want to PM for some guidance, I'm here. I didn't know about this group and may not check back as often....

Good read: headache in the pelvis by wise and Anderson, so e wonderful YouTube channels if you type chronic pelvic pain disorder

Valium spasms, tension,  have made everything discouraging painful awkward for years now but it comes and goes....I know it will be better when I'm valium free but that will be years so breath, stretch, strengthen, foam roller lacrosse ball, fibre diet, exercise, walking is a good one

May God bless you all🙏