Am I actually posting a success story this soon? 5 months since I took Klonopin

[De...]

I really almost can't believe what's happening in my life right now. It makes me want to shout with joy at the top of my lungs every second of every day. It's a miracle after what we went through... and I truly don't deserve it, but I'm so blessed to be receiving this elation that I just won't stop it from happening.

Klonopin literally stripped me of everything. First I lost my 3.75 GPA in college, then I lost my job, and then I lost my wife. It's the worst thing -- I would never wish it on my most evil of enemies. I can barely even type these words without bawling my eyes out because I still hurt so badly. But that's not why I came here...

I took my last Klonopin on March 31st this year. That's the last time I took any pill other than Ibuprofen. With my doctor's approval mind you, I am completely medication free for almost 5 months. I also have more control over my own life, actions, and thoughts that I ever have before. A counselor helped greatly, but most of it has manifested from trusting my Jesus with all of my heart and believing I would be healed. Nothing more.

I have a few lingering symptoms that I notice once or twice a day for only a moment, other than that though, I think I'm pretty much a normal human being again. Through writing on this website, I found my passion for writing again. I have started a website writing album reviews for bands that I am in to and it has taken off over the last two months like I could have never dreamed. I also got a job at a local American chain, Old Chicago, as a server. I have been working doubles, making enough money to enjoy my life again, and then enjoying  my life again...

I can finally breathe. There were times that I thought I might be permanently damaged from these stupid little pills. Times I thought I wouldn't make it through another night. Read my whole addiction story at the link below if you'd like. But I stopped by to say this --

You are amazing and this journey is totally worth it!!! You will see the light very soon and you will maybe even start to see the world in a completely different way as I have... I don't hate people anymore, and I have this ability to just love them regardless of how they treat me -- it's been a surreal experience.

You know how hard it is for us to describe benzo withdrawal to people who have never been through it? Well, that's kind of how I feel telling you about how it feels being off benzos and healthy again... it's so weird and foreign, I just can't explain it to you. You will have to just experience it for yourself :) Be strong and fight this. You have this. Pray.

• Like 1

Destiny Hunter,

FANTASTIC!!!!  I am sooooooo happy for you!  Thank you for your wonderful story and for giving us still in withdrawal the hope we need!  Can you please share when you noticed that you turned a corner?  Just wondering about your timeline with healing.  Anything you can share would be greatly appreciated! 

Destiny Hunter,

FANTASTIC!!!!  I am sooooooo happy for you!  Thank you for your wonderful story and for giving us still in withdrawal the hope we need!  Can you please share when you noticed that you turned a corner?  Just wondering about your timeline with healing.  Anything you can share would be greatly appreciated!

No problem! About 2-2 1/2 months after I last took a Klonopin I had a crazy withdrawal spell that was almost meth-like...it lasted for about a month, and then I came down from that and I've been solid for about a month or more with barely any symptoms. I can get out of bed every single day. I have control over my anxiety like never before. I am able to work and be one of the hardest workers there. It's amazing. I can't explain what's happening to me right now. Klonopin screwed up my life but getting off of it is making me feel almost superhuman at times. I don't exaggerate.

Dear Destiny,

First, congratulations on being free from the poisonous

benzo!!

Your success story and the blogspot where you wrote

your story were really well written and give such a good

understanding as to what we go through getting off of

these pills.

I am on my fourth attempt to be free and I know it will

happen. It has been a really, really rough road.

Just wanted to chime in and say how happy I am for you!

Sue

• 3 months later...

Congratulations!!  :smitten:

I just had a 10 day completely sx free long window (was a huge corner that turned for me) and for that I am truly thankful! I know that my complete healing isn't far off! However, sxs returned 4 days ago but I shall keep pushing forward!

Thank you for posting your success story, it's very encouraging!!  :smitten: :smitten:

• 2 years later...
What an awesome story. I'm sorry you lost so much especially your wife. That is so sad, but Jesus has big plans for you. You healed and now look how blessed your life is becoming. Thanks for sharing 5 months off and healed. Amazing!