Valium Doesn't Seem to Mix Completely with Whole Milk -- Would Vodka Be Better?

[Gr...]

A few days ago I started taking a 5 mg Valium and dissolving it in 50 ml whole milk. It dissolves fine and I stir it up thoroughly (but not mixing vigorously to the point of lots of bubbles). I notice that the orange color (the Valium) doesn't thoroughly mix in with the milk (it settles together after a few seconds). You can see where the Valium is congregating in the milk. My concern is that as I pull out the part I'm not taking that I'm not getting an accurate measurement of Valium. This has me wondering if I should switch to liquid Valium so that I know I'm getting an accurate mixture. Tomorrow I see my doctor and could probably get a prescription for liquid Valium.

Thanks in advance for your input on this.

A few days ago I started taking a 5 mg Valium and dissolving it in 50 ml whole milk. It dissolves fine and I stir it up thoroughly (but not mixing vigorously to the point of lots of bubbles). I notice that the orange color (the Valium) doesn't thoroughly mix in with the milk (it settles together after a few seconds). You can see where the Valium is congregating in the milk. My concern is that as I pull out the part I'm not taking that I'm not getting an accurate measurement of Valium. This has me wondering if I should switch to liquid Valium so that I know I'm getting an accurate mixture. Tomorrow I see my doctor and could probably get a prescription for liquid Valium.

I do believe that liquid Valium would be more accurate, however, many many people are titrating using vodka as well. And it has worked well for them throughout their taper.

The residue you see is pill filler . Your Valium will be dissolved .

It takes a bit longer for it to " fall apart" , simply said, in milk. The milk fat is what is needed . Are you using full fat milk ?

There is no need to worry about the crumbs you see. The Valium itself isn't the orange stuff. Like I said; it's filler what you have left.

If you can get a script for liquid V, I'd definitely give that a go. You only need to add water, done.

IMO is most accurate.

If you can get a scrip for pharma grade liquid, the uniformity, consistency, and stability  is better than any other alternative.

But...the various home-brew alternatives also work pretty well.  Remember that 95-99% of your pill is fillers, binders, colorants, and other inert ingredients.  Many of these non-benzo components will be insoluble. This will be true no matter what liquid you choose. The material you see in your mix is NOT benzo.  The benzo will be dissolved in the liquid.

Thank you all for this information. The pharmacy here does have liquid Valium. So if I'm titrating with it, I assume I would put 1 ml Valium in 99 ml of Vodka (just kidding). I mean water. Then would the tapering all be the same as if it were dissolved Valium? I plan to go down .015 mg a day, so that would mean tossing out 1.5 ml of the 100 mil solution, or is there a better way to titrate if using liquid Valium? 

Thank you, Moodle, SG57 and Builder.

Moodle -- I've read those instructions a lot. They are very helpful.

I also found a spreadsheet on benzosupport.org. My next question is what daily percentage is recommended. It shows that I would go down on a daily basis by .40% to .50% between now and Oct. 9 to go from 3.75 mg of Valium to 3 mg if I'm reducing by .015 mg/day from 100 mil of the liquid valium/water mixture. Does that seem like a good rate?

You all have probably seen the spreadsheet. It seems pretty handy. I was wondering if you have tips on using this. Here's the link: http://benzosupport.org/the_spreadsheet.htm

I see my doctor on Friday to explain this plan and hope to make sense. He may suggest that I just use the liquid Valium from the pharmacist and follow the guidelines in the spreadsheet and use the 10 and 1 ml syringes to measure my dose. Would that work instead of titrating? Seems like there would be less waste. For instance, I would use 3.75 ml of Valium, then 3.735 the next day, etc.

Thank you again for all your help. So grateful!!

Thank you all for this information. The pharmacy here does have liquid Valium. So if I'm titrating with it, I assume I would put 1 ml Valium in 99 ml of Vodka (just kidding). I mean water. Then would the tapering all be the same as if it were dissolved Valium? I plan to go down .015 mg a day, so that would mean tossing out 1.5 ml of the 100 mil solution, or is there a better way to titrate if using liquid Valium?

Your ratios are correct, but you don't need to "toss" anything.  Make a diluted batch sufficient to last 10-14 days, and just draw what you need each day.  Your diluted liquid will remain stable and fully potent, just like the undiluted Rx liquid.  Just FYI, both your Rx liquid and your diluted liquid should be stored at room temp.