Is benzo withdrawal the only illness medical community has no answer for?

[Lo...]

If you have high blood pressure, there's treatment

If you have an ulcer, there's treatment

If you have cancer, there are treatments

If you have broken bones, there is treatment

If you are addicted to coke/heroin/opiates/alcohol, there is treatment

If you're dependent on benzos, you have to play the hospital at home. It's like we're asked to operate on ourselves or something.

Also, benzo wd is very physical in nature, so it makes no sense it is considered only a mental problem. The way it affects the body is very real.

Is there any other pill/medicine that causes this kind of a mess???

To think LSD is safer than this stuff just makes me shocked...

Sorry, just venting....

[22...]

I think antidepressants cause a similar type of withdrawal that goes unhelped by the medical profession. They just don't want to admit to any Iatrogenic illness so leave us to get on with it.

There is no pill for Benzo withdrawal and that's probably the doctors' dilemma. If it could be solved with a pill or an operation they'd be in their element but because there's nothing they can do and no research to inform them they pretend it doesn't happen.

In the UK there's a huge amount of GP bashing in the news at present. The latest is for the overprescribing of unnecessary antibiotics causing so many resistant strains. It's only a matter of time before the bubble bursts here and GPs finally get recognised as the cause of so many illnesses, even death, through their refusal to read and follow the guidelines where it tells them, in black and white, that benzodiazepines must only be administered for two to four weeks in extreme cases. These are the NICE guidelines for good practice disregarded by the majority of GPs it seems.  >:(

idk. You've covered the addictive drugs pretty well. I think what the other poster says is true. if they was a pill or surgery that can get rid of it, the health care community would quickly get hold of it. We just need to clone Ashton 10,000 times.

chronic tinnitus.

lou gehrig's disease.

complex regional pain syndrome.

ehlers-danlos disorder.

metastatic pancreatic cancer.

Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease.

Progeria.

Parkinson's.

Multiple sclerosis....

I have come to believe their answers are worse than the questions. My wife has been juicing the equivalent of eight stalks of celery for me daily for the last year and my blood pressure has come down eighty points! I'm going as natural as possible from here on out.

I have come to believe their answers are worse than the questions. My wife has been juicing the equivalent of eight stalks of celery for me daily for the last year and my blood pressure has come down eighty points! I'm going as natural as possible from here on out.

Good idea! Now I know what to do if I ever get high BP. :thumbsup: I wonder how she came up with this theory?

Bets

I forget the name of the chemical but celery contains a natural calcium channel blocker. There's real science behind it. You can search celery and blood pressure to find all kinds of info. It took a few months to pull it down but it definitely worked for me.

I forget the name of the chemical but celery contains a natural calcium channel blocker. There's real science behind it. You can search celery and blood pressure to find all kinds of info. It took a few months to pull it down but it definitely worked for me.

Really?  Far out..  I'm looking that up cheers for the pointer  :thumbsup:

chronic tinnitus.

lou gehrig's disease.

complex regional pain syndrome.

ehlers-danlos disorder.

metastatic pancreatic cancer.

Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease.

Progeria.

Parkinson's.

Multiple sclerosis....

I've had mild tinnitus for years, and was always good in tuning it out. Never took anything for that. The other diseases are awful, but they're not that common, though. I think benzo wd is much more common. I am of the belief that many people have benzo wd and don't even find benzobuddies.

Not that I am not blaming doctors, but, unlike all other diseases, benzo wd is to a degree self-inflicted. No one forced us to take those pills. In my 20's, I was so vigilant, researching every med. Did I just drop the ball later or got too desperate? I don't know.

There are supplements identified to cure Parkinson's, MS if not too advanced, diabetes and many other conditions.  Alternative health has protocols for these.  They have a protocol for antidepressant withdrawal, which is much easier than benzos.  This is becuz antidepressants mess with serotonin receptors and benzos with GABA receptors.  Very different.  We need serotonin for mood but we need GABA to calm down, sleep, cns.  I have a friend who withdrew from antidepressants the same time I did.  A year later I struggle horribly with insomnia, he is healed now.

This sucks so bad! 

There are plenty of illnesses that the medical community has no answer or cure for.

But with so many of them, research is constantly happening which doesn't seem (isn't) taking place with benzos and benzo w/d. However, I'm sure plenty of doctors would disagree with that statement as far as having an answer to w/d.

They'd just take you off rapidly or send you to detox. And for some (like short term users and those who have no trouble coming off benzos) this solution probably works fine. 

And as far as AD w/d, it is not necessarily easier than benzo w/d. Many people have as much trouble with that also. I read somewhere that the sx between the two w/ds are about 32 out of 40.

And AD w/d is somewhat like benzo w/d in that some people can do it "just fine" while others go through "all kinds of hell." Check out the survivingantidepressants site some time. The members there are numerous and not finding w/d easy at all.

• 5 years later...

There are supplements identified to cure Parkinson's, MS if not too advanced, diabetes and many other conditions.  Alternative health has protocols for these.  They have a protocol for antidepressant withdrawal, which is much easier than benzos.  This is becuz antidepressants mess with serotonin receptors and benzos with GABA receptors.  Very different.  We need serotonin for mood but we need GABA to calm down, sleep, cns.  I have a friend who withdrew from antidepressants the same time I did.  A year later I struggle horribly with insomnia, he is healed now.

This sucks so bad!

This is an old post and I’m sure you’re not going to see this but your statement is wrong. AD withdrawal is identical to benzo withdrawal and can last as long or longer. The brain doesn’t work in a vacuum . If you mess with GABA or serotonin or dopamine or NMDA etc they all mess the others up. One theory of AD withdrawal is glutamergic hyper alerting. Another is ion channels and NMdA which affects Gaba and serotonin. Did you know Klonopin also works on serotonin?

For anyone thinking of just going on an AD to help with benzo withdrawal check out survivingantidepressants.com. Lots of people suffering with our exact same symptoms for years.

I’ve had ME/CFS

EDS

Spinal/muscle problems and degeneration

For decades.

Nobody knows how to treat those things.

Arthritis, MS, fibromyalgia, dystonia, many autoimmune diseases.

There are many chronic illnesses without treatment.

Check #NEISvoid & #spoonies & #Millionsmissing on Twitter if you want to see what ppl with chronic untreatable illnesses go through for decades without help.

There are 100s pf other rare  neuro conditions nobody knows what to do about.