My FACE is now burning!!!!! Any other burning faces out there?

Hi All,

A burning scalp has been with me since tapering days.  After getting off, it was like kerosene poured on the fire!  Then, a couple weeks ago, I suddenly noticed one day...hey, my scalp hasn't burned for awhile.  I was so happy!!!!  I was beginning to wonder if it would ever go away.  Ever. 

And then a few days later, OMG, my entire face was burning.  What kind of crappey migration thing is this?  Maybe my face is just trying to take a little fire off my feet, legs, and hands....?  :-* 

Have any of you had a burning face? 

--adelia

Hi All,

A burning scalp has been with me since tapering days.  After getting off, it was like kerosene poured on the fire!  Then, a couple weeks ago, I suddenly noticed one day...hey, my scalp hasn't burned for awhile.  I was so happy!!!!  I was beginning to wonder if it would ever go away.  Ever. 

And then a few days later, OMG, my entire face was burning.  What kind of crappey migration thing is this?  Maybe my face is just trying to take a little fire off my feet, legs, and hands....?   :-* 

Have any of you had a burning face? 

--adelia

I have the face, arms and legs burning. Mine comes and goes. Tropicalsoul has the burning feet. My doctor today wants me to come in for B12 shots, said mine was on the low side at I think around 300.  Have you had yours checked?

Benzos put such a stress on our bodies it's really easy to get low on the B12.  My dr. said even if you are on the low end of the test range you can have symptoms from it and burning is one of the symptoms of low B12. 

I know of a couple of people that getting B12 shots or taking liquid B12 has helped with their burning if not taken it completely away.

Hope you get some relief.  :)

TS

Hi Theresa and Tropical Soul,

Thanks for bringing up the B12 thing.  Come to think of it, I haven't had any for a few days, and sporadically for some weeks.  Was busy putting out other "fires".  I'll go take my sublingual right now.  Never had a B12 shot.  Last time I had my B12 tested (last year I think), it was good.  I didn't know the burning was a B12 thing....hmmmm. 

So you still get the burning on and off Theresa?  Wow, that's amazing.  The face is a new one for me.  It's good to know I'm not alone!!!!!  Right now, my entire body is burrrrrniiiiiinnnnnnggggggg.

--adelia

Hi Theresa and Tropical Soul,

Thanks for bringing up the B12 thing.  Come to think of it, I haven't had any for a few days, and sporadically for some weeks.  Was busy putting out other "fires".  I'll go take my sublingual right now.  Never had a B12 shot.  Last time I had my B12 tested (last year I think), it was good.  I didn't know the burning was a B12 thing....hmmmm. 

So you still get the burning on and off Theresa?  Wow, that's amazing.  The face is a new one for me.  It's good to know I'm not alone!!!!!  Right now, my entire body is burrrrrniiiiiinnnnnnggggggg.

--adelia

I was chalking mine up to menopause as it can be like the tingling symptom also.  :ohttp://www.34-menopause-symptoms.com/tingling-extremities.htm

Adelia,  Since coming off the benzos I have often felt that my arms and legs were sunburned.  Especially when  feel like I am burning up, or feverish, or have chills, etc.  It is intermittent now.  Feel better soon!

hawk

ohh yeah. Felt like my cheeks were really hot sometimes. Sometimes a burning sensation that came and went through my entire head. This went on more often during my taper though. I do notice I'm way more sensitive to hot weather than usual this summer. My air conditioner broke today and I was not a happy woman.

Hope you can find some relief!

Hello adelia,

During my taper, I had burning face off and on about 3-4 times lasting approx 4-5 days. Id wake up in the morning and my face felt like someone had put a torch to my face. It burned very very bad. It was one of the weirdiest sypmtoms I had. Anyhow, It helped me knowing that others have had this also.

This to shall pass.

hang in there,

Michael

Hi Theresa,

Thanks, I'll read that.  And I thought I knew what all the menopause symptoms were...oh well.  Actually, yesterday I took 2 sublingual (under the tongue) B12's, some magnesium citrate (had been forgetting that too).  Within an hour or so, the burning was SO much better.  And I slept really good last nite!!!  With no little hot potato feet demanding my attention. 

Thanks Hawk, and Mia.  It's really really helpful to know that I'm not the odd loner here.  I know I'm not, but I just need to hear it, I guess.  :o  I remember when first off Klon, someone posted about their "burning feet" and what to do.  I remember thinking....geez, what can be so bad about burning feet?  Weeeeeeeelll, now I know!  With that sunburned, on-fire feeling, it really can be almost painful.  I wonder if it's a nerve or a muscle phenomenon...any ideas? 

Hi Michael, so good to hear you are OFF!  Congratulations, that is so cool.  And you had the torched face too....I agree, definitely a weird and annoying symptom.  Not the worst, but weird and uncomfortable and frustrating! 

Thanks you guys,

adelia

I have the face, arms and legs burning. Mine comes and goes. Tropicalsoul has the burning feet

WOW glad to hear this, thought I had invented another w/d sx. I have the feet, lower legs and tingling, even my body feels hot, but no fever. What a strange feeling. That's about all I am having 3 weeks off, so I am not going to complain. Feet are getting a little better but the tingling still comes and goes. Just amazes me what strange feeling pop up here and there. I think sometimes you do run a low grade fever. Felt kinda bad Sat. and took one ibuprofen and bounced right back.  ;)

M

Just wondered whether a cold shower might help. You should certainly feel more invigorated.

Hope this helps

Scorpion

Hi Lito,

You are one lucky gal!  Well, not really, we all have our miserable things to deal with.  I don't mind the tingling...it seems when the burning is more mellow, it feels like just intense tingling.  But when it ramps up, it feels like hot gasoline torching burning.  The weirdest sensations I've ever felt.  Guess I'll never complain about cold feet again, eh?

Hi Scorpion....a cold shower eh?  Yes, that probably would be invigorating.  The weird thing is...the rest of my body might be normal, or even cold.  Yet...burning feet, legs, and maybe hands.  So far I've found the cold linoleum in the kitchen (over cement) feels really good.  I should probably just get a bucket of cold water and plunge my feet into it....

--adelia

The weirdest sensations I've ever felt.  Guess I'll never complain about cold feet again, eh?

LOL yea you will cause I never had cold feet and now that the burning has stopped they are cold. It is a weird sensation. I itch to and that really bugs you almost feels like something is biting you. It's moving on out though. Had that a little while yesterday and then boom it's gone. You do get some strange feelings from the meds leaving. It has been an experience I will never forget! Won't be long you will see a big difference..and it's so much better!

M :smitten: