Help with Valium Taper Plan -- Still a bit confused

[Gr...]

I am now settled at 3.75 mg of Valium that I take at night. (The electric shock feelings have stopped and anxiety is easing). Two nights ago I started disolving 3.75 in tablets in whole milk, and in a few more days will begin the tapers. Just to make sure I'm doing this correctly, I wanted to post my plan for review.

I pulled out the various syringes that I got from the pharmacy store and was trying to get clarity on what I'm doing. If I'm reducing by .15 ml each day or .015 mg (first -- I'm assuming that's the typical amount to reduce by with Valium in 100 mil of whole milk), does that mean that the first day I would toss out .15 from a 1 ml syringe, and the next day toss out .3, then .45? When I hit 1 ml that I've reduced, what do I do after that? Would I toss out a full 1 ml and then the reduce by another .15? I guess I would need to write down each amount to keep track how much I withdrew the night before. The 1 ml syringe has five lines between each number. It says .1....2....3....etc. to 1 ml.

Here's a game plan that I put together to show where I'm going. Please let me know if I'm doing this correctly.

8/21 to 10/9 for 50 days

1) Take one 2mg tablet + half of a 2mg tablet = 3mg

2) Place half of another 2mg tablet into 100mls of milk (this is 1mg of Valium/100mls of milk)

3) Toss out 25mls of milk solution (.75mg) to get to my 3.75 dosage

4) Daily reduction at .015 mg/day or .15 ml of mixture; if no side effects, may try to reduce at .02 if all goes well the first couple of weeks.

* At 3 mg on October 9

October 10 to December 25 for 66 Days

1)    Take one 2mg tablet

2)    Split half of a 2mg tablet = 1mg

3)    Place 1 mg (half of 2 mg) into 100 mls of milk

4)    Daily reduction at .015 mg/day or .15 of mixture

* At 2 mg on December 25

December 26 to February 13 for 66 Days

1)    Take one half of 2mg tablet (1mg in tablet)

2)    Place other half (1 mg) into 100 mls of milk

3)    Daily reduction at .015 mg/day or .15 of mixture

* At 1 mg on February 13

December 26 to April 19 for 66 Days

1)    Put one half of 2mg tablet (1mg in tablet) ) into 100 mls of milk

2)  Daily reduction at .015 mg/day or .15 of mixture

* Done Tapering on April 19

Generally you are on track, but a couple of things...

- 1mg into 100ml is very dilute, which is a good thing, so to get your .015mg/day reduction you would remove 1.5ml, not .15ml.

- the way you are doing it is fine, but you are giving up some accuracy by splitting the pill in half before you put it in the milk.  If you were to use a whole 2mg pill and then cut half as much liquid you would not give up the accuracy.  But again it is not something that is going to derail your taper.

- use the 1ml syringe to cut "fractions of a ml."  When you get beyond 1ml use the 10ml syringe to measure full mls and use the 1ml to cut the fractions.

- it's a good idea to keep a log.  A spiral notebook works well.

The .015mg/day reduction is a good choice to start at your dose.  That will bring you down at .45mg/month. :thumbsup:

Thank you, SG57! After doing more reading after I posted my message I realized my mistake.

I also found this spreadsheet where you can customize your data. I thought this would help me to keep it straight. Have you seen this before? http://benzosupport.org/the_spreadsheet.htm

Also, should I be 100% symptom free before I start tapering? I'm doing a whole lot better at 3.75, but still having some anxiety.

I so much appreciate your support!

I've seen that sheet in passing, but have never really looked at it.  You need to keep track somehow, if that is how you prefer.

What I usually tell people is if they feel they are still getting something out of holding then keep holding.  But if you feel well enough to taper and holding does not seem to be doing much then begin cutting slowly.