Valium taper titration

[Ki...]

Ok I am back again. I did crossover from Klonopin to Diazepam and not sure if it was a good idea :-\

I did my first cut 2.5mg from 30mg and 5th day I pretty much lost my mind :'(

So now I am planning to stay on 30 mg for couple weeks and try water titration because I don't know

what else to do :(

So what should I do? Start using liquid 30mg for a week and then taper how? I think I am very sensitive and have to go really slow...

How many years will this take? I am pretty much bedridden now

Don't do a water titration.  Valium is NOT water soluble.

If you have a cooperative doc, ask for a scrip for pharma liquid V.  If that's not an option, then do the vodka method, or propylene glycol.  Alcohol and PG are both solvents that will dissolve Valium, and then can be further diluted with water to make small, precise dose reductions possible.

As a precaution, try the liquid for 10-14 days before cutting.  And you don't have to liquefy the whole dose, only the "cut" portion, usually just 1mg or less.

Check out the Microtaper  support site:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=135284.0

Builder,

that's what I was thinking. Vodka+water. I tried it with one pill and it dissolved very well .

But I think I will have mostly 10mg tablets,if lucky some 5mg tablets...But I guess shouldn't matter.

I moved to Europe so no Pharma liquid V :(

And if this won't work I guess I will just start drinking Vodka :crazy:

I still don't understand how I lost my mind from cutting just 2.5mg? I was making no sense in morning :o It got better after 10mg noon pill. Ok so back to lazy sedated but hopefully stable right? :idiot:

Kittensick,

I just wanted to let you know my heart goes out to you

and I feel your pain.

I am getting ready to do vodka/water titration and this will

be my fourth attempt of trying to be free of this horrible

drug. (klonopin for me)

Just wanted you to know someone is feeling your pain.

Hang in there!!!!

Sue

Brittany,

I am kind of always trying to withdraw. I dont even know how many times and how many methods

and pills and going through The pain all over again just to end up at Point where all doctors telling me I just cannot do it :( I am getting tired of this.

Mark Murphy,

I did crossover in 16 days because I was just getting too sedated and then tried to go little bit

down because I am even more dysfunctional than on Klonopin :( I and I thought I was very dysfunctional but now it's even worse :(

I am trying to get used to Diazepam but its soo sedating this time. Its just crazy!! :-[

Kittensick,

I have read about numerous people who didn't do well with Valium from Klonopin.  Valium is more sedating that Klonopin and could take a while to get use to.  How come you are not tapering Klonopin directly?

Stay strong!

sharkey

Sharkey,

I was trying water titration with Klonopin and it was still very difficult plus Klonopin doesn't really work

for me anymore. But if I will get used to Diazepam-I am not sure :(

Sharkey,

I was trying water titration with Klonopin and it was still very difficult plus Klonopin doesn't really work

for me anymore. But if I will get used to Diazepam-I am not sure :(

When you say "water titration with Klonopin" you do mean alcohol/water right? 

Sharkey,

I am already on Valium so I will give it some chance and if I cannot really do it on Diazepam

I guess I will have to go back to Klonopin :(

I also felt wiped out initially after crossing to V from K. Went away eventually. Would hang on if I were you - as you did the cross quickly.  Don't worry about the 2.5 cut making you feel terrible - as thats a good size cut on top of a cross that your body hasn't adjusted too.  When your ready would do daily taper - or at least try a 1mg cut from 30mg first.

M