Titration beginner - need help

[9t...]

Thanks to Challis99 and SG57 I have found my way to starting a water/alcohol titration plan. My aim is to start this program tonight.

SG57 helped me with the math to see that my daily dose of K is .67mg (I had been using 2mg as needed - 10 nights per month). I've always taken my K dose in one gulp at night for insomnia.

I currently have my K pills cut down to .5 mg and took one last night - but would like a more accurate dose, closer to .67 - or I'm considering rounding up to .7 since I've been through the ringer with insomnia over the last 2 weeks. Additionally the .7 dose would be an easier starting number.

I've got a baby bottle with a 100ml measurement on it and will get 10ml plastic syringes from the pharmacy today for dosing.

Am I understanding this correctly:

Dissolve 1mg K in 3ml alcohol (gin or vodka ok? or rubbing alcohol? what brand is 150 proof?)

After dissolved fill remaining 97ml with lukewarm water

To dispense: Shake vigorously

Plunge syringe in solution and pull up to .67 (or .7 if rounding up) and that would be my nightly dose (??)

I'd like to follow a plan of 10% cuts every 2 weeks as a general guide, but will let my symptoms dictate the actual timing of the wean.

And because my brain is a fog mess, to be clear that would mean (if I start at .7) I would simply decrease to .6ml, .5ml etc. every 2 weeks?

Sorry if I'm flaky, been up since 3:30am - I'm sure you all understand!

Many thanks for feedback.

:o

Thanks to Challis99 and SG57 I have found my way to starting a water/alcohol titration plan. My aim is to start this program tonight.

SG57 helped me with the math to see that my daily dose of K is .67mg (I had been using 2mg as needed - 10 nights per month). I've always taken my K dose in one gulp at night for insomnia.

I currently have my K pills cut down to .5 mg and took one last night - but would like a more accurate dose, closer to .67 - or I'm considering rounding up to .7 since I've been through the ringer with insomnia over the last 2 weeks. Additionally the .7 dose would be an easier starting number.

I've got a baby bottle with a 100ml measurement on it and will get 10ml plastic syringes from the pharmacy today for dosing.

Dissolve 1mg K in 3ml alcohol (gin or vodka ok? or rubbing alcohol? what brand is 150 proof?)

Plunge syringe in solution and pull up to .67 (or .7 if rounding up) and that would be my nightly dose (??)

I'd like to follow a plan of 10% cuts every 2 weeks as a general guide, but will let my symptoms dictate the actual timing of the wean.

And because my brain is a fog mess, to be clear that would mean (if I start at .7) I would simply decrease to .6ml, .5ml etc. every 2 weeks?

Hope someone will answer if thats correct or not, if so, I CAN follow that and also the liquid could be milk instead of alcohol ...right?

Hope someone will answer if thats correct or not, if so, I CAN follow that and also the liquid could be milk instead of alcohol ...right?

It's should definitely NOT be rubbing alcohol!

Vodka is most used for this method.

And if you use milk, you don't just use 3 ml . You'd use only full fat milk. Not to dissolve but the whole 100 ml.  The Valium will dissolve because of the milk fat.

Thanks Moodle, I actually started and used Gin, seems to be dissolving just fine. May try full fat milk later to see if I like that better. I'm also cross posting in Daily Micro Tapering and getting good feed back from SG57 - thanks much for all your help

Thanks Moodle, I actually started and used Gin, seems to be dissolving just fine. May try full fat milk later to see if I like that better. I'm also cross posting in Daily Micro Tapering and getting good feed back from SG57 - thanks much for all your help

You're all set then :)

Great!

You'll probably see residue,whichever way you  titrate. It's nothing to worry about, those are the fillers.

Just make sure you got the right proof in alcohol...

:thumbsup:

It's should definitely NOT be rubbing alcohol!

Vodka is most used for this method.

And if you use milk, you don't just use 3 ml . You'd use only full fat milk. Not to dissolve but the whole 100 ml.  The Valium will dissolve because of the milk fat.