liquid micro-taper

[mi...]

Hi there,

I have unfortunately had to re-instate at quite a high dose (15mg, which was where I started). I am (naturally) feeling quite good and as tough the diazepam is building up in my system.

My brain is still a bit scrambled, so would someone be able to point me in the direction of a liquid micro-taper?. This time I would like to come off of it very very slowly – holding each time and waiting till I feel stable before going down again.

Also I can't get liquid diazepam in New Zealand – dissolving tablets is a hassle. Have seen some people talk about using digital scales?.

Thanks in advance

Rory

Actually, dissolving tablets is NOT a hassle.  Its sure a lot simpler, more reliable, and less labor intensive than trying to grind/cut/file/weigh tablets.

Plop a 5mg tab in 5mg vodka, waid 5 minutes  and add 45 mg water.  Now you have 50mg of liquid, 1mg=1ml.

You can then dilute that 9:1 for 1mg=10ml, or 99:1 for 1ml=100 ml.

Thank you.. I had forgotten about vodka..  I've only tried dissolving the arrow 2mg pills in water and they just separate into specks that sit on the bottom of the glass.

The alcohol must dissolve the pill properly.. Worried about the temptations of having a shot!!

Hi milicent

Have you checked with your pharmacist to make sure you can't get liquid diazepam in NZ? I'm in Australia and here it's called Diazepam Elixir, so maybe you have something similar.

Anyway, there are numerous ways of making your own home brew. If you check out the two links below in my signature that will show you the various ways of doing it.

Thank you.. I had forgotten about vodka..  I've only tried dissolving the arrow 2mg pills in water and they just separate into specks that sit on the bottom of the glass.

The alcohol must dissolve the pill properly.. Worried about the temptations of having a shot!!

The alcohol will dissolve the working ingredient properly. But you will always have residu.Those are just fillers and nothing to worry about.... :thumbsup:

It seems like most people are able to do very well with liquid tapers and it's the ideal way to go.  I tried it a few times and had trouble with it and lost confidence in the method.  I have abandoned it.  I think getting stable on the starting dose is key and start using a liquid in the very beginning instead of trying to introduce it mid course.

I have been using a Gemini 20 scale and a single edge razor blade.  Over the past week I've gotten pretty good at getting my cuts to within .001 or .002 of the target pill weight.  I'm stuck and holding now but will continue with the cut method if I'm able to start again.  Even if you are not totally accurate things level themselves out given V half life.  I bought another scale to use as a back up just in case one crumbs out.

I agree with the others though.  Liquid seems to be the best option but if for some reason it doesn't work you can make very small cuts with a scale.