Need help with valium taper (Diazepam)

[Ja...]

Hi,

There is a story behind my taper. I went into the hospital for 4 days. Was on 1.50 mg. of Klonopin. (generic) they added 15 mg. of diazepam. I felt pretty good in the hospital. When I was released 4 days later they discontinued the Klonopin and sent me home with a script for 15 mg. of diazepam to be taken three times a day. Needless to say, according to what I have read, I should have been given 30 mg of diazepam as this is the equivalent of 1.50 mg of K. I haven't been having a very easy time. I was taken off the K on March 23rd and I am taking the 15 mg of  valium 3 times a day as directed. I have a lot of sxs going on....I'm not sure what to do now. Do I start to taper the diazepam or hold until I start feeling better? I just want off this poison....I would like to do a liquid taper off the diazepam but have no clue how to do this....I really need help in how to move forward.

Thank You,

Jaddy

It sounds like they switched you from 1.5mg K to 45mg V without a crossover?  That's not the best way to switch, but I am surprised you are still having symptoms four months later.  If you have been holding for four months I would think it would be okay to begin tapering.  Have symptoms gotten any better?

Are you on 5mg three times per day for a total of 15 or 15 x3 for a total of 45?

The equivalent dose for 1.5 mg of K should be 30mg Valium.  When switched over I really struggled initially and basically dropped my K dose within a few days...too fast but I made it.  If they short changed you I would ask for more otherwise you may need to hold for some time before attempting to drop as that is a 50% redux. 

They crossed me over from 1.50 mg of K to only 15 mg. of V. A 50 Percent reduction and I feel like crap.

Thank You for getting back to me.

Yea, I know, but since I have come this far I just want to keep going. I don't think I should cut any valium yet, sooner or later my poor body should ajust to the cut. It was a psychiatrist who made the cut too. In a hospital no less. I really felt good when they added the additional 15 mg of valium but when I got home after having no Klonopin all day, I got real sick. Am feeling a little better off and on but I have a feeling this is going to take a while