bad tolerance withdrawal to 6mg ativan liver not God trying to substitute or add

[Hi...]

Hi so I'm in heavy tolerance withdrawal to 6mg ativan and was trying to shave micro taper. Made it to 5.5mg in about 6weeks and ended up is severely psychotic breakdown and physical sickness and symptoms so bad it could not be tolerated. I supposed back to 6mg and an a little better but still in horrible unmanageable tolerance withdrawal. My new psychiatrist wants to add a second benzo longer acting like valium to help me stable and possibly crossing over completely or just aid me in tapering the ativan to alleviate interdose withdrawal

We haven't gotten that far except that something needs to be done. I'm a reinstated at several months out and never stabilized but I guess my question is because my liver is so messed we are looking at possible other benzo with long half lives and not harmful to the liver as much as valium that has active metabolites that will accumulate

I want to eventually crossover completely what are some other good benzo with long half life and active metabolites?

Like valium breakdown into nordiazepam which accumulates. I know there are others besides librium. They just aren't talked about much. It would have to be something fairly strong or at least with a descent mode of action duration felt as supposed to half life as well.

If anyone has any ideas I could bring to my doctor that would be great thank you so much

I'm sort of looking for the same thing.

There is clonazepam ! But that didn't work out for you ?

Tranxene, many people can take it twice a day (duration of action longer than diazepam ?? sources differ)> long half life, but it does not accumulate as excessively as diazepam.

Clobazam ? Long half life, duration of action, it probably lacks the sedation that is needed to cover the withdrawal of lorazepam. But what do I know ?

Are you really looking for 'half life', or for 'duration of action' ? You may 'feel' something of the half life, but not that much.

Lorazepam is already intermediate acting. For most people, 8-12 hours. But one can experience peaks and valleys.

As a suggestion: perhaps a very different type of drug can help you stabilize on lorazepam.

An anticonvulsant, sometimes certain antipsychotics and antidepressants are used, one could consider clonidine or a beta blocker.