Grumpy....angry...anybody else have this?

[88...]

Hi everybody,

I get so grumpy and I say hurtful things, usually in the heat of the sudden anger.

Somebody likened it to sneezing--it just comes over me.

Anybody else have this?

Iggy

Not anymore, but near the end of my taper and for quite some time afterwards, sudden uncontrollable reactions happened once in awhile that were quite unlike anything I'd ever felt before.  When the central nervous system is fragile like it is after using benzodiazepines, we go into fight-or-flight mode very quickly and anger can spill out before we know it.

This will pass with time, like the other symptoms.  But it's good to be aware of it and understand why this happens.

Hi everybody,

I get so grumpy and I say hurtful things, usually in the heat of the sudden anger.

Anybody else have this?

Iggy

Hi Iggylein, :smitten:

its an awful sx....very common but it will pass....mine lasted for quite

a long time, replaced by laughter at month 11.....no logic to it...

I was lucky to realize it was a symptom, explained to my loved ones...

apologized in advance.....they eventually go it...lol, no fun for sure... :crazy:

here is Matt Samet's benzopedia.

if you scroll down to symptoms....its listed under rage.

http://www.benzosupport.org/benzopedia.htm

also if you type '' rage anger '' into the search function ..on top to your right..

you will get a few threads.

way to go Iggy....its tough....it will pass. :smitten:

P.S. its like turning a fly into a lion...what a joke, right ? :D

A few times along the way I have had some really nasty anger issues where I simply couldn't control how I reacted to certain situations. It's scary to snap at someone for some trivial reason when you fully realize it is "not you".

I haven't had anything like that for a long time but I still notice that I get agitated easily unless I am having a good day.

Hi Iggy...  Ive had this off and on again.  I have never gone into rage, but irritabilty and agitatation .. Yes.  My poor husband..  :-\  This will get better, so ride it out, and get plenty of rest.  :hug:

:smitten:  Lilly555

Hi everybody,

Anybody else have this?

Iggy

Only most of the time, Iggy.  I'm a pretty mellow fellow by nature but I have a tipping point, and once pushed past it (which does take a lot or something serious) I can be a complete arsehole and a nightmare for normal people to handle.  It's not like I don't know this about myself and I hate it the most of all, because I have to live with myself 24/7, no escape.

Unfortunately, when the red eyes hit me, it's not just hurtful things I say.. when pushed far enough I tend to start taking people apart psychologically over things they didn't even know about themselves.  That hurts people, not in the short-term, ya know?  It's my self-defences going on autopilot. 

If I said it'll take a change of heart, not mind, to make inroads into cooling yourself down, would it feel right to you, Iggy?

:-\

Oh, yeah, lots of anger, sometimes turning into rage, during w/d. It's mostly gone, though, or could be totally gone by now. I never know if symptoms are going to pop up again. I think it's just all part of the nerves healing.