Looking for inspiration

[br...]

Hello,

New member who is in withdrawal from SSRI antidepressant discontinuation.  The withdrawal process is so similar whether it is antidepressants, benzos, pot, or other substances, that I am here to learn  from the good folks here and read the success stories.

Thank you.

Hello breathedeep  and welcome to the Benzobuddies forum.

I'm sorry you find yourself needing to be here but you have found a safe place to share and learn about becoming drug free. We are of course a benzodiazepine support board but in my opinion there are many similarities in tapering from anti- depressants as well.

Dr.Heather Ashton is considered an expert in the field of benzodiazepine withdrawal and if you haven't already done so, you might like to familiarize yourself with the The Ashton Manual

You may find this thread helpful to you in planning your taper from antidepressants and answering your questions.

Other Medications

Please take some time to Create a Signature. This will help other members understand you history so they will be better able to support you.

To create your own signature, go to the top of the page and selecut Profile, then choose Forum Profile, insert your drug history/timelines into the text box and click Change Profile.

Best of luck and we are here to answer any questions,

Beth

Hello,

Thank you for the warm welcome.  Unfortunately I had no idea what I was doing and cold turkeyed twice last year in 2014; once under a doctor's advice!  So a taper is too late for me and I have to ride this out because I can't go back on after 8 months.

I am seeing some windows so I am feeling a bit more hopeful, but my last wave was 2 months long and pretty brutal; and it almost cost me my job and girlfriend.  I am here to learn and read success stories to help me make it through this.

Thank you all!