Menstrual spotting between cycles

[Bl...]

I've never had this before and am nervous. I finished tapering and took my last powder licking dose a week ago and spotted two days after and now seven days post. I'm not due to start for five days. Not normal for me. Has anyone dealt with changes or intermittent breakthrough bleeding during or post recent withdrawal. Thanks a million!

Hey,

I'm not off Valium yet but yes, I've had this throughout my taper.

I've had two periods in four weeks and I've also skipped a whole cycle at times.

You're certainly not the only one. This stuff disturbs so much and stress or anxiety about it can have something to do with it too.

I've never been irregular before my taper. And this stuff works on pretty much everything, including hormones and endocrine system etc.

If you're not sure, it never hurts to ask your doctor but for me it sure has to do with this..

Hoed you do better soon..

Thank you so so much for responding! It's nice to know youve had some issues with it too. I don't have much faith in doctors anymore as they are the reason I'm on this site in the first place. Also since realizing I was dependent on my lorazepam and then the harsh reality that it wasn't working and was actually making me sick my anxiety and agoraphobia have gone through the roof! I'm hoping this mellows out a bit as time goes by. Thanks again for telling me your experience!

Thank you so so much for responding! It's nice to know youve had some issues with it too. I don't have much faith in doctors anymore as they are the reason I'm on this site in the first place. Also since realizing I was dependent on my lorazepam and then the harsh reality that it wasn't working and was actually making me sick my anxiety and agoraphobia have gone through the roof! I'm hoping this mellows out a bit as time goes by. Thanks again for telling me your experience!

Aaaaand.... Right after I posted yesterday, my period started. More than a week early. :sick:

See?

Oh, yes... Benzos, the gift that keep on giving : I've had crazy anxiety at the start of my taper and in between windows. I've never been agoraphobic in my life, except when I was tapering Ativan and probably till somewhere in the middle of my taper after crossing over to Valium.

I still was sensitive to sound then and lights at times but the worst was over .

It's tough when you can't go out because everything seems scary, huh... :-\. I'm sorry you're going through that. It's totally not uncommon for a withdrawal symptom, unfortunately.

It gets better. It really does...

Thanks for that! Really nice to hear. Agoraphobia was the reason I started taking the Ativan regularly so I'm pretty sure it won't just ease up without working on it. Hopefully these monthly issues clear up soon as my detox was relatively uneventful! I really appreciate you taking the time to answer my questions.

For the last year my periods have been too frequent. It's awful. My periods were never regular but usually they were every 40 - 45 days with a decent 7 day flow. I am now having them every 35 - 38 days and the fluctuations are torture, the flow is really spotty/scant, only last for a few days. I don't know which is worse, PMS, the few days after the period is over, or ovulation. According to my little period tracker app on my phone, I'm supposed to start today. but so far all I have is a severe headache that has me in bed with the curtains closed.

Yesterday was a full moon, lots of ladies gearing up to menstruate I have noticed.

Just a follow up here...

I have a friend from a support group for people who underwent the same transplant procedure I had. She has had very severe lingering complications after her transplant and there is no explicable reason for it except that she did go through klonopin withdrawal unknowingly 2 years ago. Yesterday she was in the ER in so much pain that she was hysterical, and they ended up giving her morphine! ick!

Today I was chatting with her and what do you know? She started her period while we were chatting. Told me she is a week early.

there's something up with this particular full moon. so many posts here on the cycle. I'm half tempted to compile a list of threads discussing them.

Blessed but stressed, I am exactly the same. I am so relieved that you have brought this somewhat sensitive subject up. I have always had regular periods but not now. I occasionally have very heavy periods too. Am 46 so it could also be perimenopause. All part of the joys of benzo w/d and being a middle aged woman. Great.  :-[  :-[  :-[