Almost on Valium. Now what?

[Ki...]

Hi benzobuddies,

I am almost only on Valium so when I will finish crossover I am planning to stay on it

for a while to get stable. When I get stable,then I want to start water titration since they don't

make 2mg tablets here. :D I have only 5mg and 10mg tablets. I will start on 30mg/day and

I think I want to taper like 2mg every 2 weeks at the beginning and then even slower.

How should I do it? ;D

Dissolve 5mg in alcohol and water and how much to remove every day or every 2 weeks?

Thanks

:smitten:

Hi,

It really is not a good idea to think in terms of reaching a set goal like 2mg every two weeks, although at your dose that is possible.  But it is also possible you may be able to do only half that.  So really it is a good idea to start slow and search for what your body will allow from low to high.

You could dissolve your 5mg pill in alcohol then add water.  For a 5mg pill, instead of 100ml I would recommend 200ml to ensure solubility in the water.  At your dose I think you could begin by cutting .04mg a day.

It depends on how many mgs you decide to put into how many mls.  Once you know that you will know how much to remove.

SG57,

Ok let's say I dissolve 5mg tablet in 300ml :) How many mls did I remove every day? :D

I wish I am better at Math ???

8ml a day? :D 4ml a day to get 1mg every 2 weeks? ???

Okay, let's say you want to remove .04mg a day (1.2mg a month) as an example.

You put 5mg V into 300ml liquid so each ml contains .017mg V.  This means you would remove 2.4ml each day.

If you wanted to make the math easier you could use 250ml.

SG57,

1.2mg a month? :D that would take like forever :crazy:

I think I want to do at least 2mg a month at the beginning since my dose is too high

and I am too sedated :(

SG57,

1.2mg a month? :D that would take like forever :crazy:

I think I want to do at least 2mg a month at the beginning since my dose is too high

and I am too sedated :(

It's your taper, you can do what you want.  To cut 2mg a month you would remove 4ml a day (if you put a 5mg pill into 300ml liquid)...but I would not advise starting that high.  There is a significant chance that rate is too high for you.

Ok thanks,

I was doing this before and they were cutting me 2mg/week and it was easy until I reached 16mg.

Then I lost my mind completely :D So the doctor told me there is something wrong with me if I cannot

do it. So I hope he was wrong and I just need to go more slowly.

Ok thanks,

I was doing this before and they were cutting me 2mg/week and it was easy until I reached 16mg.

Then I lost my mind completely :DSo the doctor told me there is something wrong with me if I cannot

do it. So I hope he was wrong and I just need to go more slowly.

Blame the patient.  Perfect.  The doc was ignorant...no big surprise.

Well he was actually decent one trying to follow Ashton Manual but he told me he didn't even

have one patient who didn't do it Ahton way. So I hope you are right or I am just brain damaged forever ???