Important Survey - Please Participate ×

15 MONTHS OFF TODAY! I'm getting there! 1 year and a quarter!!!!!

[Lo...]

http://www.somdweddings.com/images/newsletters/15th.jpg

15 MONTHS OFF!

1 YEAR AND A QUARTER!

1 ¼ of a year down!

I will say July was up and down with the head stuff (balance issues, dizzy stuff, head pressure came back, rocky boat sensation, inner ear mania) vestibular problems is the worst symptom pretty much for me. But I will say I did things this month I would never have been able to do a year ago let alone a few months ago.

I went out alone to eat in a restaurant. Sat on the patio and enjoyed it.

I hardly used a shopping cart in the store, stood in line to buy things without assistance (I was rocky but determined to stand there).

Bought a new car! NEW IS THE KEY WORD! 2015 NEW! Handled the whole process well (2 days to get the car). My old truck was over 10 years old…time for her to go 

Some financial turmoil that I had to get rectified and not flip out or get anxious.

Dealing with some not so nice people and not freak out or blow up!

Had guests stay over for a weekend and we had a great time.

Found a great Lyme Literate doctor and met with her to confirm all else that is wrong and begin a new treatment that could get me across the finish line soon! YAHOO!

Promoted my poetry book more and more…

I can go on…and on…despite how crappy my head has felt and how skewed my balance is…I have lived! I have other symptoms like shortness of breath, some heart palps, floaters, neuropathy in my legs (leg weakness), some tinnitus, a little shaky at times, some anxiety.

I’m happy to say that my son is doing so well in his camp and will be off to school in the fall (Pre-K here we come)!!!

Lastly…I applied to grad school and got IN! Yes, I want to be a licensed nutritionist and help people HEAL! Classes are online! Stay tuned.

God is so good and I know my head stuff is part benzo and part Lyme (well part coinfections which my new doctor determined) (I can tell what was what before benzos and now afterwards). If the vestibular stuff were to leave me today (and I’m claiming that in the name of Jesus) I would be 90-95% well!

Praying that in the near future I see a shift in my healing for the better with the balance issues/head pressure/dizzy stuff. As my friend MoreChocolate has said our brains are temporarily damaged and they are healing. The key word is temporarily!

I pray for each of you day and night in my prayers. Praying that this too shall pass for us soon.

Happy 1 year off to ABCD, Happy 28 months off to Fiona (looking forward), Happy 15 months off to my jumping buddy Drew and SoCaler! May we each keep healing and feeling better!

Now let us eat cake!!!  :clap:

http://cdn.cakecentral.com/d/d8/900x900px-LL-d81f05ee_462478_523933290998096_588220044_o.jpeg

:yippee: :yippee: :yippee:That is a whole lot of good news. I am so happy for you! Just look how far you have come!!! :yippee: :yippee: :yippee:

THANK YOU, THANK YOU AND THANK YOU!  :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Oh wow, what a whole load of good news you have, LM.  Particularly getting into grad school. Well done, you.

http://www.libbyhathorn.com/book/html/jn/jn12-what-a-star.jpg

And soon you'll be skating too!!  :laugh:

Hugs

Fiona  :smitten:

Thank you Carita and Fiona. My friends keep reminding me, "You are not your symptoms...you are not your disease...you are not ill."

I keep saying this to myself over and over and over again...

Did I say over lol.

Praying these next three months I do a whole lot better!

Hugs!

:hug:

Oh hip hip hooray LM!

I am so happy for you. I understand what you are still handling sx wise...I have many of these as well, but I do the same, I just live my life and do things regardless! Distraction, doing things we enjoy and making our brains carry on I think is so vital!

I will keep you in prayer too! The Lord is so good and He is giving you an amazing testimony for your benefit and His glory! 

:smitten:

magic

Oh hip hip hooray LM!

I am so happy for you. I understand what you are still handling sx wise...I have many of these as well, but I do the same, I just live my life and do things regardless! Distraction, doing things we enjoy and making our brains carry on I think is so vital!

I will keep you in prayer too! The Lord is so good and He is giving you an amazing testimony for your benefit and His glory! 

magic

Thank you Magic!!!! Yes God is so worthy to be praised. I think living life once you can to as full as you can is so key to healing. Your body and brain remember when you had great times, when you were well so getting out there helps a lot.

God bless you and thank you!!!!!!  :smitten:

Lovingmother

Congratulations on being 15 months free

I send you a big cake like you did to me but in my mind and heart as i still don't know how to do it if i do find out i will at a later date

Lots of love and prayers for you on this road

Be happy and well always

Saraa

Oh hip hip hooray LM!

magic

Thank you Magic!!!! Yes God is so worthy to be praised. I think living life once you can to as full as you can is so key to healing. Your body and brain remember when you had great times, when you were well so getting out there helps a lot.

God bless you and thank you!!!!!!  :smitten:

Right there with you sister!  :hug:

Lovingmother

I send you a big cake like you did to me but in my mind and heart as i still don't know how to do it if i do find out i will at a later date

Be happy and well always

Saraa

Thank you Saraa!!!! I appreciate your thoughts and kindness. Now to give you a short tutorial on how to get pictures to show up in your messages. Click on the little icon that looks like a camera. It almost looks like a set of binoculars underneath the BI con. Then go online and find the picture you want to use. Right click on the picture and scroll down to properties. You want to make sure that it is a JPEG image. When you click on Properties link will come up in a little box and you want to copy and paste that link. then come back to your message and paste the link in between the brackets that the little camera image will show and click Preview and see if it works. It's quite simple.  :smitten: :smitten:

Lovingmother

Be happy and well always

Saraa

Thank you Saraa!!!! I appreciate your thoughts and kindness. Now to give you a short tutorial on how to get pictures to show up in your messages. Click on the little icon that looks like a camera. It almost looks like a set of binoculars underneath the BI con. Then go online and find the picture you want to use. Right click on the picture and scroll down to properties. You want to make sure that it is a JPEG image. When you click on Properties link will come up in a little box and you want to copy and paste that link. then come back to your message and paste the link in between the brackets that the little camera image will show and click Preview and see if it works. It's quite simple.  :smitten: :smitten:

Lovingmother

But i have a macbook laptop not a windows computer and i can't find the icon for camera or binoculars.  I will go to youtube and see if there is any tutorials there for macbook.  Thanks for trying to help me out with my highly intelligent brain .lol

Hi there, it didn't work. On your actual screen as you type just above should be icons to bold, italicize or underline. Under those are icons. Click on the icon right below the Bold function. Then take the link you sent me and paste in between the brackets that will appear when you clicked that camera looking icon. Then when you post it will show up  :smitten:

I am sorry i will have son figure it out, he hardly has time to spare, you know kids

The info you sent is much appreciated but my brain is unable and overwhelmed to read and figure out.  My computer is macbook and no camera icon here.

Best to you , hope i can surprise you with a celebration cake soon

Hugs

Saraa

Congratulation LovingMother !! Piling the month Yeaaah :D

You must feel fantastic to be 15 months off benzo !!

Wish you even further recovery, keep grindin'  :thumbsup:

Congratulation LovingMother !! Piling the month Yeaaah :D

You must feel fantastic to be 15 months off benzo !!

Wish you even further recovery, keep grindin'  :thumbsup:

I'm glad to be 15 months off! I can't wait to physically feel fantastic! I know its coming!

Thank you Nolan! Onto month #16!!!