Do we heal on the way down?

[ma...]

Hi again,

Just wondering what you all think about healing on the way down?  The lower I go, I imagine, that my body wouldn't have as much V floating around.  Is this safe for me to assume?

If so, can I assume that my brain's gammas are starting to heal themselves as well?  Or does that not start till I'm completely off?

Also, (this is kind of in line with my first question) can lower quantities of V be metabolized faster then higher quantities?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ma...]

• [NY...]

• [be...]

• [Da...]

I don't know if I'm healing on the way down. Every day is either tolerable, bad, or horrid...never good, never great, never a normal day.

I'm sure it happens for some people, but not for others. I have to believe, that despite the symptoms, that less benzo in the body is always better. There's no place for something so unnatural in the human body.

you don't even get windows, do you Dan?

I don't know if I would have made it if I never got windows.  Sorry to hear... that's rough.

I don't know if I'm healing on the way down. Every day is either tolerable, bad, or horrid...never good, never great, never a normal day.

I'm sure it happens for some people, but not for others. I have to believe, that despite the symptoms, that less benzo in the body is always better. There's no place for something so unnatural in the human body.

LF, watched that video before.. it is inspiring...  I noticed every time I watch it though, when I see him rock climbing... I'm like "What does that feel like to have fun again"

you don't even get windows, do you Dan?

I don't know if I would have made it if I never got windows.  Sorry to hear... that's rough.

No sir...sometimes (many times, actually) I wonder if it's even benzo withdrawal :-\ but there's one way to find out, and that's to get off the benzo and find out.

Dan I go through the exact same thing. Because I've had a few of the w/d symptoms before, during bad anxiety & depression, way before I'd even heard of benzos. Too many things are different now though, to convince me that it is w/d. It took visual distortions / hallucinations and me developing facial twitches, which confirmed that it is.

Hi Matt,

Nobody answered your question. I would like to know the answer to that, too. I was on a forum before this and was told you heal on the way down, but where are the people that have come off by tapering? Did they heal? Why don't they answer? Where is builder, he micro tapered. Did ,he step off okay? We saw how Ranger healed very quickly after stopping. I want to hear from someone who has tapered and felt good all the way. I'm not talking about the ct's. Of course, they were sick.

I only see that it's going to take 2 years after stopping. Maybe for some.

I think if you taper and feel well that you will feel okay when you step off. That's just what I think.

Jenny

To reply to your question:  In micro-tapering, I feel much better than the tiny dry cuts that I was making.  I do have windows, and this makes it more bearable.  I am using an almond milk solution, reducing by .0125 mg. Valium a day.  And the results are very, very good.

I do have a little benzo belly, some fatigue, and some heart palpitations.  So I may take a break to heal for a bit.

But micro-tapering is the best thing that I have found.  I wish that I had tried it sooner.  I am believing that I am healing as I go down.  I hope that I am right.

I dunno but don't think so.  Even at .5mg Valium you have over 1.6 onboard due the half life...and that assumes a 52 hour half life my Dr is using.  If it is a 100 hour half you are carrying 3.5.  Thus the longer and more drawn out taper.  You would have to taper to zero to avoid that.  Pure hell healing or not.  I have not encountered any healing yet.

Hi Matt,

Nobody answered your question. I would like to know the answer to that, too. I was on a forum before this and was told you heal on the way down, but where are the people that have come off by tapering? Did they heal? Why don't they answer? Where is builder, he micro tapered. Did ,he step off okay? We saw how Ranger healed very quickly after stopping. I want to hear from someone who has tapered and felt good all the way. I'm not talking about the ct's. Of course, they were sick.

I think if you taper and feel well that you will feel okay when you step off. That's just what I think.

Jenny

No offense, but "do we heal as we taper" is a silly question.  If we didn't gradually recover as we slowly lowered our dose, why would we bother to taper.  If we don't recover ("heal") as we taper, we might as well just CT.

We taper so the body can slowly make adjustments to the changing level of the drug.  This reduces or eliminates the symptoms and discomfort associated with withdrawing.

Just FYI, I was sxs free from 3mg on down.  I jumped at .5, and had zero lingering effects.

I certainly healed on the way down. But I disagree, it is not a silly question. From the perspective of tapering and not feeling any relief, it is certainly an understandable question. Furthrmore, not every biological phenomenon can be described by linear, curvilinear, exponential functions. Step function relationships do exist, where abrupt changes in the response occur at a particular dose level. :)

laser

Hi Matt,

Jenny

No offense, but "do we heal as we taper" is a silly question.  If we didn't gradually recover as we slowly lowered our dose, why would we bother to taper.  If we don't recover ("heal") as we taper, we might as well just CT.

We taper so the body can slowly make adjustments to the changing level of the drug.  This reduces or eliminates the symptoms and discomfort associated with withdrawing.

Just FYI, I was sxs free from 3mg on down.  I jumped at .5, and had zero lingering effects.

Man, since I'm not really healing as I drop, I'm beginning to believe I have something not benzo-related  :(

I did try CT very early on and it was pure hell

darn.. that stinks.

Was hoping I could jump off.. today was probably my best day ever. I woke up with anxiety  (went fairly quickly though) ...had a few moments of anxiety here and there... but over all felt about 85 percent today.  Almost felt normal.. still blunted, but more normal.

Guess I'll ride this down a bit more.

I dunno but don't think so.  Even at .5mg Valium you have over 1.6 onboard due the half life...and that assumes a 52 hour half life my Dr is using.  If it is a 100 hour half you are carrying 3.5.  Thus the longer and more drawn out taper.  You would have to taper to zero to avoid that.  Pure hell healing or not.  I have not encountered any healing yet.

Builder, that's actually very encouraging!  But many on here don't feel any healing effects as they work their way down.  I do get what you're saying though.

Today was my best day at .9ish - and hearing you had no probs from 3 on down, gives me a lot of hope.

Thanks!

Hi Matt,

Jenny

sweet.. you all are encouraging me

I certainly healed on the way down. But I disagree, it is not a silly question. From the perspective of tapering and not feeling any relief, it is certainly an understandable question. Furthrmore, not every biological phenomenon can be described by linear, curvilinear, exponential functions. Step function relationships do exist, where abrupt changes in the response occur at a particular dose level. :)

laser

Hang in there Dan, they may be more the exception on this board, then the rule.  I think you've got a ton of examples showing that on this board.

Hi Matt,

Jenny

Man, since I'm not really healing as I drop, I'm beginning to believe I have something not benzo-related  :(

LF, watched that video before.. it is inspiring...  I noticed every time I watch it though, when I see him rock climbing... I'm like "What does that feel like to have fun again"

Lol, I thought that too!

HA!  I probably shouldn't say this.. but I'm glad I wasn't the only one!

Lol, I thought that too!

Hi Matt,

Jenny

It looks like your last cut was around 20%. I'm sure that's gotta hurt, especially now that you're getting so low.

it hasn't been horrible... I'm thinking and hoping that, because I wasn't on too much  and started tapering after 30 days that i can go quicker.

Today, I did get hit hard however.. but by 3 PM, I was feeling decent.  It's 5:30 now and I'd say I'm at 75 percent.  In the past, I'd be depressed and anxious the whole day.

That's why I wanted to find out if we heal on the way down.  Some of my SX are as intense but much shorter now.

Hi Matt,

Jenny

It looks like your last cut was around 20%. I'm sure that's gotta hurt, especially now that you're getting so low.

Thinking this over I believe builder is probably right in the sense that some healing has to occur or tapering would make no sense.  But, given the individual damage done by these drugs the healing happens in a non-linear and very slow fashion. We may not feel it and our CNS may take very long to heal even after the last dose, slow taper or otherwise.

Yes. Certainly healing takes place as we taper.  The mind and body makes adjustment to the changing dosage/levels of the drug.

But not everyone recovers at the same rate.

brilliant

Yes. Certainly healing takes place as we taper.  The mind and body makes adjustment to the changing dosage/levels of the drug.

But not everyone recovers at the same rate.