Softtail Titration Request

[so...]

Colin, I hope this is the link you were indicating to have you draw up my titration schedule. 

I started too quickly , and hit a bad wall 7 days ago.  Feel a bit better today but do not want to try to withdraw that quickly again and go thru what I did the last 7 days.

Started withdrawl 3 weeks ago from a starting point of 1.75 mg taken .75 at night and .75  in the morning.  discontinued the day dose .25 mg per week, and since tuesday the 16th have been taking the .75 dose .  On the 20th I split the .75 dose to .5 mg at night and .25mg in day to even it out.  .  I feel a bit better this am, but it  was suggested I hold at this dose for about another 7 days or so to make sure my body has adjusted.

I hope I give you all the correct information and this is the right place to post it.

Start date Sunday  28th of june.

dose at start time .75 mg. per day , 

tablet dose is .5mg.

taper rate I would like to try the 10% every 7 to 14 days.

cylinder 100ml  in 1 ml increments. 

if this is wrong place to post this information , could someone tell me just where and or how to get this information to Colin.

thanks

well i think its the right place to post if your looking for a titration taper. and sorry about your quick taper, hopefully it doesnt repeat a second time. there really is no rush. if i understand correctly you said your splitting it up in 2 doses? have you considered splitting maybe into 3? to avoid interdosal withdrawal. thats just my 2 cents tho. it certainly helped me out a bunch. i think Colin. or T2 actually suggested this to me. and my titration worked out well. i have 3 more days to go. and virtually sx free with titration. i certainly hope to read your feedback a couple months down the line and hear you say the same.

much luck and happy you considered titrating as i would recommned it to anyone.

dave

Colin, I hope this is the link you were indicating to have you draw up my titration schedule.   

I started too quickly , and hit a bad wall 7 days ago.   Feel a bit better today but do not want to try to withdraw that quickly again and go thru what I did the last 7 days.

Started withdrawl 3 weeks ago from a starting point of 1.75 mg taken .75 at night and .75  in the morning.   discontinued the day dose .25 mg per week, and since tuesday the 16th have been taking the .75 dose .  On the 20th I split the .75 dose to .5 mg at night and .25mg in day to even it out.  .   I feel a bit better this am, but it  was suggested I hold at this dose for about another 7 days or so to make sure my body has adjusted.

I hope I give you all the correct information and this is the right place to post it.

Start date Sunday  28th of june.

dose at start time .75 mg. per day , 

tablet dose is .5mg.

taper rate I would like to try the 10% every 7 to 14 days.

cylinder 100ml  in 1 ml increments. 

if this is wrong place to post this information , could someone tell me just where and or how to get this information to Colin.

thanks

You will need to pick whichever time period you want to try.  It can always be speeded up or slowed down if necessary.  Many start with 10% every 10 days and adjust from there if needed.  You have the syringe with 1 ml icrements, too?  You'll need that to draw off the amount to discard.

beeper before i got a syringe that worked for me and wouldnt get stuck i spilled out soooo many "test tubes" full of solution cause iw as just pouring it out and messed up. lol there was one night where i made about a solution enough for 6 people. eeesh!

sorry to steal the thread just thought that might bring a smile on or a chuckle

dave

thanks everyone , I hope this is the right place to post for my taper regimine,  waiting to hear from colin.    I have in my possession a 100ml.  grad. cylinder and a 10 ml pipete. so I should be good to go once I have the titration schedule.   

I would try and formulate myself, but don't want to make a mistake.

thanks

if you need a schedule sir colin is definately the math wiz to wait around for! hes a genius.

titrating sounds sometimes like a headache but if you have a few minutes in your schedule to spare gets sorta fun. makes ya fee like your in high school again.

just to give you something to look fwd to : started with 2 mg of klon and 100ml of whole milk split the 2 mg into 3 daily doses. preparing each one seperatly so i wouldnt have to go thru any math since im horrible with that. .50 am . 50 afternoon and 1mg night time. 8 hours between and smooth sailing buddy. hopefully your titration schedule will sail you thru smooth waters!

much luck!

dave

thanks lost in brooklyn,  I started down a bit too quickly , and the crap hit the fan, I believe.

.75 mg cut in 3 weeks.  and that was thru advice of my neurologist,  obviously uninformed.  it was ok for abouut 2.5 weeks, untill it hit me , now feel like a zombie , depressed, although for the beter part of today it was better , so I hope  my body is catching up to the quick withdrawl and the titration will allow me to come down much smoother.  Do you have any symptoms or did the titration method take care of those.    thats what I am hoping for ... can't wait to be off this stuff. 

how much longer do you have to go and what percentage per day do you decrease.

did you stabilize again after the horrible fast taper you went thru ? my taper has lasted almost 70+ days now. but well worth it not to rush it.. some say i have rushed here and there but i only did so when my body permitted. like colin t2 and several people have stressed there is no one size fits all. like i said i started at 100ml and worked my way down with 1 ml per day .. but all 3 doses were always the same ml..  day 1 was 99 ml on all 3 doses .. day 2 was 98 on all 3 doses and so forth.. i was still under a bit of benzo cloud zombie mode until i hit 60's 50's things started to ease up and down thru to what i am now 4 ml.. everything has been cake.. i cant lie there was some road bumps here and there.. but nothing anywhere near the severity it was a while ago. as a matter of fact a few people say the lower and lower you go on a smooth titration the more of your old self starts to peak thru. which i find to be true in my case. so i have 3 days left i might drag it out to 6 and make smaller cuts .. but 1 ml a day is a moderate pace at which you shouldnt suffer.

lost in brooklyn , thanks for the feedback, I will attempt to do just what you did and hope for same results.    I have not stabilized from the quick drop yet. and am wondering how long I should expect my body to take to adjust to the .75 mg. I dropped in 3 weeks.    I am holding at .75 which is where I am now since my last drop from 1mg to .75 last tuesday.  Any guesses , anyone  since I dropped so fast , considering how long the half life is of this drug, till my body may adjust to this blast I gave it.  It did start out fairly ok this am buy by 1 pm , I could tell the depression and anxiety were returning.    Had no appetite for 4 days, but that was better at lunch today.  Guess I am just looking for as much information as to what to expect  and a little mothering lol.

I don't want to go any farther till I feel fairly normal for the entire day.  That will happen won't it.  I stupidly ask this, cause if it doesn't how would I know when to start the titration process.

I look forward to reading anything from the benzo buddies site , thanks.    and I know I am not ready for the titration schedule yet. but will feel better when Colin sends it to me or posts it.

just how does he get your personal schedule to you if I may ask.

thanks

John

lol you dont have to do what i did. its best to wait for colin. im no dr. and im no expert. i just adjusted the taper to my personal bodys needs.

by saying I hope to do just what you did , I hope to take it slowat the 1 % per day or 10% every 10 days , once I stabilize.  I just am anxious on how long it will take before I stabilize after the quick drop to .75

by saying I hope to do just what you did , I hope to take it slowat the 1 % per day or 10% every 10 days , once I stabilize.   I just am anxious on how long it will take before I stabilize after the quick drop to .75

I thought I should make sure you understand what "stabilizing" looks like, John.  It just means you are not continuing to get worse.  Kind of like when someone is in ICU but considered "stable" because their BP isn't crashing and they stopped bleeding.  They aren't well but they aren't getting worse. 

Maybe it would help to start a journal of how you feel so you can track what's better and what' worse.  You can start a Progress Log here or just jot something down for yourself.  It helps to be able to see how far you've come from time to time.

thanks beeper, I will do that.  untill I started the reduction my days were pretty normal, I was actually waiting for the wellbutrin to kick in and believed it had , was feeling better just 4 days before the reduction seemed to have caught up to me.  now am hoping by holding at .75  I will get back to getting thru the day with our these huge windows of change.  I had no windows before the reduction.    I actually had no problems taking the clonazopam up till I started reading online and eventually this site , just how bad they are, and thats when I decided I wanted nothing long term to do with it.  It was given to me as a treatment for rls, and I believe wrongly so.    but thats where I am at for now.

I am writing this at 2:11 in morning cause can't sleep,    probably another side effect of the withdrawl.  am trying to stay at .75 for time being , but as suggested by a  few of the buddies, spread it out by taking it 3 times a day.  as of 2 days ago I was taking all of it at night.  yesterday split it to .5 at night, .25 during day, and tomorrow I want to split it again to .25 g. taken 3 times per day to try and stabilize the amount in blood more evenly.  your a moderator, does this make sense to you.

thanks for checking in.

Hi John,

I posted to you yesterday and it's not here! Sorry. I just meant to tell you that Colin will take a look at this today. May sure you have all the info he needs....http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=11093.0  If you haven't done so already.  :)

thanks eljay,  you may have answered this allready, and maybe colin might see this post, but being that the clonazopam has a pretty long half life and  I dumped  from 1.5 mg to .75 mg over 3 week period,  now holding at .75 since last tuesday,  how long do you think I might have to hold here till I stabilize,  I know before I started the cuts.  I felt relatively normal  with no windows of ups and downs , so I am asking , should I expect to get back to this feeling  over the next week or would you guess longer.    don't want to start taper till I get thru the day with out going bonkers , most of my quiet times come at night sometimes slightly before I take my nighttime dose of .5 mg.    and stay fairly symptom free thru the rest of evening and night.  mornigs are way up and down.  yesterday morning was pretty good, got bad in afternoon, then cleared in evening.  Make any sense in further splitting this to .25 mg taken every 8 hours. 

Little worried, about being able to sleep ok at night if I do this, but shoudn't it matter.

thanks   

softtail

thanks eljay,  you may have answered this allready, and maybe colin might see this post, but being that the clonazopam has a pretty long half life and  I dumped  from 1.5 mg to .75 mg over 3 week period,  now holding at .75 since last tuesday,  how long do you think I might have to hold here till I stabilize,   I know before I started the cuts.  I felt relatively normal  with no windows of ups and downs , so I am asking , should I expect to get back to this feeling  over the next week or would you guess longer.    don't want to start taper till I get thru the day with out going bonkers , most of my quiet times come at night sometimes slightly before I take my nighttime dose of .5 mg.    and stay fairly symptom free thru the rest of evening and night.   mornigs are way up and down.  yesterday morning was pretty good, got bad in afternoon, then cleared in evening.  Make any sense in further splitting this to .25 mg taken every 8 hours.   

Little worried, about being able to sleep ok at night if I do this, but shoudn't it matter.

thanks     

softtail

It is possible you are experiencing interdosal w/d symptoms in the afternoon since you are only taking klono 2X/day and a much smaller amount in the morning. You might want to try moving .125mg into the afternoon and take .375mg at bedtime, leave .25mg in the am and hold there a couple days and see if that helps any. Since you made such large cuts a few weeks ago, it might take some time to feel relatively normal but you are having windows of normalcy in the evenings so let's try that move and see if that helps.

Hi Softtail,

Here's your schedule: http://www.benzobuddies.org/spreadsheets/tt-softtail-2009-06-24.html.

Please add the following code to your signature line (through your profile):

[url=http://www.benzobuddies.org/spreadsheets/tt-softtail-2009-06-24.html][u]My Titration Schedule[/u][/url].

You will notice that you start from "1.5" tablets. However, our titration system utilises whole tablets. So, crush and titrate one whole 0.5mg tablet but drink just the amount indicated by the schedule (just 49ml from the 100ml of liquid on the first day). In addition, you will take another 0.5mg tablet per day. If you like (once you have disposed of liquid that is not needed from the 100ml), you can crush and add the second pill to the the remaining 49, 47, 46ml..... liquid. This means that you will have your total dose for the day in one convenient liquid that you can subdivide into smaller doses over the day.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Good luck.

colin, I hope I am back on the right board.  I just got the titration schedule you worked up for me but either I gave you the wrong starting amount ,(ie where I am now) or you mistakenly started me out at titrating from 1.5 mg. down to 0. 

Here is my present information again so I can make sure I have the right table

start date.  year 2009 day june 28th

daily dose  .75 mg.  split as such now taking .5mg. at night .25 mg. during day

taper rate 1%

titration dose 100 ml.

I have a 100ml graduated cylinder, and a 10 ml pipete,  I have a pill crusher, but hope to get moter and pedistal

the tablets are .5mg tabs.

product clonazopam

the dose I am on and will be taking at start date is .75 mg.

If I have put this in the wrong place , please someone tell me where to repost this

thanks

softtail

Hi,

Colin just replied to your pm explaining the confusion. He works with pills, not mg. So when he says 1.5, he is meaing 1.5 pills. Being that you use 0.5mg pills, 1.5 pills equals 0.75mg.

I hope that clears it up. Good luck to you!

• 3 weeks later...

colin , need new titration schedule if you would, 

i hope this is all the info you need,  My shrink put me back to 1mg per day ,so have to start from there

I take 1mg. per day split into 2 batches, but would like to spread over 3 batches.

I have the .5 mg tabs.  I take 2 tabs per day

I have a 100 ml graduation cylinder and a 10 ml pippette

I would like to start with the recommended 1% per day reduction and see how that goes. I

I would like to start the titration on Monday night with the night time dose on 07/20/09

Colin please let me know if I have posted in the right spot for you to calculate my taper schedule

thanks

softtail

Hi,

Yes, I think you have included all the information I need, except, can you confirm that your cylinder is marked with 1ml increments?

Additionally, at relatively low doses, I formal schedule is not usually necessary. What you could do instead is prepare 100ml of liquid, (using one whole 0.5mg tablet), and reduce the amount you drink of this liquid by 2ml each day. You would take an additional 0.5mg tablet, of course.

Once you have finished the first tablet, you do likewise with the second. This schedule will take 100 days, and is probably reasonable 1mg Clonazepam.

Let me know what you think.

Colin , this looks to be 1% per day or 10% every 10 days.  Does this usually work for the majority of those trying to withdrawl.  In other words would this be considered a relatively slow withdrawl from the drug.

thanks

John

I think 100 days to withdraw from 1mg Klonopin is a reasonable aim. Some can withdraw more quickly, and some must withdraw more slowly. If you find this is too quick for you, you might try dropping by 2ml one day, and 1ml the next. Reducing your dose by 1ml every day (from 100ml, and when taking two tablets per day) would be a very slow taper though. You should do what best works for you - I'm just trying to give you some perspective about what are average taper rates.