Switched to liquid plus tabs

[me...]

I switch to taking all Valium tabs to taking tabs plus Valium liquid (made using Vodka and Water). Did anyone notice a worsening of symptoms after doing this?

Some people report feeling symptoms when switching over to liquid. I did - felt like a cut and took a week or two to stabilize. Switching to liquid was best decision - gave me my life back.

I see you used milk. I am using the Water/Vodka. Would it make a difference? What kind of sxs did you have before switching and what did you have after? I did my first liquid lastnight. Today felt terrible. I am worried about it getting worse especially since day one was so bad.

I switch to taking all Valium tabs to taking tabs plus Valium liquid (made using Vodka and Water). Did anyone notice a worsening of symptoms after doing this?

Yes, I did. I held for about ten days on liquid before cutting, since it also made me feel like I just cut when I switched .

If interested, there is a micro taper support group where this was discussed. You're certainly not he only one ! Many have reported this. I figure it has to do with the quicker absorption rate.

Link to the micro taper support group :

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=135284.0

Some people do... some people don't, while others actually get relief. I never felt a difference... but I didn't tolerate the Roxane liquid diazepam. The solvents in it irritated my stomach and gave me nausea real bad. I also think the Roxane liquid's chemical composition alters the bioavailability of diazepam. Not sure about mixing it w/ alcohol - that could cause a change in composition too. I stick with a benign water suspension. Has always worked for me in the past removing 2mg tablets one at a time, slowly over time. mL by mL.

Alcohol is probably the most  commonly used pharmaceutical solvent. And yes, it changes it, but just the physical structure , which is the whole idea . It changes from a solid dry pill  to a dissolved liquid.

Roxane liquid ( only the diazepam intensol) is dissolved in a 30% alcohol solution.

( with thanks to Builder for explaining this on the micro taper thread )

Alcohol does not change your benzo.

Alcohol is probably the most  commonly used pharmaceutical solvent. And yes, it changes it, but just the physical structure , which is the whole idea . It changes from a solid dry pill  to a dissolved liquid.

Roxane liquid ( only the diazepam intensol) is dissolved in a 30% alcohol solution.

( with thanks to Builder for explaining this on the micro taper thread )

Alcohol does not change your benzo.

@moodle. What were your symptoms before switching and what were they after?

Do you mean switching from Ativan to Valium ? Or from dry cut to liquid?

Hang in - your stress of worrying about symptoms also triggers them. I didn't updose - but some do micro taper up until they feel better.  If you can hang in for a week or so I would. If not add a tiny bit back.

Don't worry - if you were feeling ok prior to the switch - then you will stabilize. if you were feeling bad before switch - could just be your cutting catching up, in which case a hold is in order anyway.

I got symptoms each time i switched a dose to milk - and had to remind my self every day, that I always pass through the symptoms. The fear is of course, that you will never stabilize... and you do!

As for water / alcohol I can't comment, since I used whole milk. Many use water alcohol with success. If it works for you, its easier than milk.

Once your ok your taper will be much smoother with smaller more accurate cuts.

M

I have tried this several times with last trial being somewhat successful.  I was at 2.25 and used liquid Valium to drop the .25.  It sucked but not as bad as before.  I did hold for 8 days prior to taking 10 days to do the redux though so I can't say for sure it worked.  Tomorrow I will start the same thing to get to 1.75.  In a week I should be able to assess and maybe get the guts to convert .5mg.

I did notice a new cluster of symptoms appear though which could be coincidence...frequent and urgent urination and strong nerve pain in my sacrum region.