How come tranxene can't be liquid tapered?

[60...]

[60...]
I've tried to multiple times. It's like the drug is completely lost and it never dissolves. It's formula says its water soluble but I even left a pill out for a month and it never dissolved. (This was a test I never intended on taking it).

I've tried to multiple times. It's like the drug is completely lost and it never dissolves. It's formula says its water soluble but I even left a pill out for a month and it never dissolved. (This was a test I never intended on taking it).

Hi Planetice,

I know nothing about tranxene or its solubility in water or any other solvent.  If the tranxene is water soluble, again I do not know, then it would  dissolve in the water leaving the insoluble excipients (fillers) behind.  The insoluble components are what you see.  I am sure someone else that has experience with this particular drug will chime in.

Anne

I also have no experience with clorazepate and don't really know of anybody here who does.  But I have researched its solubility a little and it seems to be water-soluble as you say.

As Anne said, these pills are all about 99% filler and when we liquify them the benzo goes into solution and the fillers remain behind.  Could this be the case with your pills?

[60...]
When I decide to just try it. My skin burned for days like a cold turkey. I thought maybe psychosomatic and tried again 8 months later. Did it again. Very bizarre. Paradoxical to Valium  and K so it's probably my best choice still. But I wish I could micro taper and get the rest of this over with.

If you can't use liquid there is always the scale method.  You  may be able to make cuts small enough to microtaper that way.

This is interesting for I was going to use titration later on for my cuts ....I too have a tranxene problem...but I was also going to ask ..Is it possible to save the discarded liquid cuts in a container, letting it build to, lets say, a cut I need days from today?

Sure.  You could "recycle" the toss until you get enough for a full dose.  Or you could simply "pull to dose," meaning you have a "supply" jar and only draw up what you need for each day - no toss at all.

It's soluble but loses 70% potency because it's bonded with baking soda.

Could you tell me the source of this info?  Thanks.

I started a few days ago using water titration. Seems to dissolve completely. Looks like very little filler there but I don't know a lot of this. Where did you find the baking soda theory?

[60...]
I read about ph and digestion process of tranxene and what adding what to and how it effects medicine potency - it's in medical apps, not really online

[60...]

Did you crush it up or something?  What mg are you using?  What brand?  Mine never dissolved to begin with with tons of filler?

I started a few days ago using water titration. Seems to dissolve completely. Looks like very little filler there but I don't know a lot of this. Where did you find the baking soda theory?

I  wish I could help you more. I do not know what brand I have. I just put one 15 mg tablet in 150ml of water and it dissolves. When I "pull" my cut I shakeup the container then pull filler and all. I constantly stir for every pull for each syringe.