Author Topic: What can you do about anxiety?  (Read 2071 times)

[Buddie]

Re: What can you do about anxiety?
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2009, 04:22:33 am »
Hi [...]
The download I meant was an mp3 file which I was sent by the guy who started the Panicaway website.  A man by the name of Joe Barry from Ireland who went through the whole anxiety thing sometime ago and has now turned his efforts to helping others.  I also downloaded his help book from his site (at a cost naturally) and even reading through that from time to time is a help.   I note that in the previous replies someone has given direction to a few other options. 
I get relief from listening to the meditative messages when I lock myself away in a darkened bedroom and just let myself go with the voices playing in my ears.  Sometimes it is only a temporary relief but apparently if you listen to them enough they do get into your subconscious and can make a more permanent difference.  I have yet to experience this but I live in hope.  I try and give myself time out at least once a day to do the relaxation. :sleepy:
Would be great if people going through this could all be meet regularly and bounce our issues off each other.  Unfortunately some of us appear to be on the opposite side of the world so I guess the forum is the next best thing.
Having a better time of it this afternoon.  Have tried to keep myself busy and stop thinking anxious thoughts.  Again this doesn't always work, but when it does it gives temporary relief.
All the best to you
Lynn
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2009, 05:37:59 pm »
Hi all,

Thanks to everyone who has given me an idea of what I can do to lessen the anxiety.  I appreciate it, and will use all of it.  I also have to remind myself not to worry, which hasn't been easy, so I have concentrate.  The 6-week course on meditation that someone connected me with at  http://www.audiodharma.org/talks-intromed.html is helping a lot.  I like this feeling I have now so I am not going to push yoga right now, as the Buddhist meditation is beneficial.

Maybe cutting the hormones helped too.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Rose 
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2009, 07:26:07 pm »
Most excellent!    :thumbsup:

I'm so glad you found something you find helps!    :)