emotions....

[al...]

my god can someone please tell me when i'll get my emotions back??? will they not come back until the anxiety is gone??? anyone ?????

I'm struggling with the same thing myself and it's awful...

So I don't have the answer about when, but I know that anxiety in itself is not the thing that keeps the emotions away. I have had anxiety for many years and have never experienced this distance emotionally that I do now.

If anything, it has been the other way around because much of "normal" anxiety for me is to have too strong emotions/feeling too much/be too sensitive.

The lack of normal emotions and feelings seem to be closely related to the DP/DR, in my opinion.

norvegia.. i guess you're right it makes sense... depression and d/p and d/r are 3 things that blunt your emotions....

I dont know if mine are emotions or dp/dr.  I use to love to sing.  Anywhere at any time and be able to hold a note with vibrato.  Now i cant even belt out a tune let alone hold a note.  Its either my muscles have disintegrated or i cannot feel the joy the song brings therefore i cannot connect with it.  Singing was one thing that made me happy and now i cant even do the one thing that comes from within :(

I'm an emotionless zombie.. The only emotion I feel is anger.. I just have this blank look on my face 90% of the time.. I might as well just go stare at the wall.