Blood Pressure Medication

[...]

I have yesterday been prescribed Cardizem by my cardiologist to help lower my blood pressure and help with the heart palps.  Has anyone else heard of this medication and how effective it is.  I have been worried about the palpitations and would like to rid myself of them but now know they are a product of withdrawal and/or anxiety as is high blood pressure.  Unfortunately the worry has led to anxiety and I am in a viscious cycle of worry.  I feel if I could get some relief from the palps maybe it will ease the anxiety - what a mess!!! :idiot:

I notice on the box they come in it tells me "do not stop taking this medication" - this too worries me.  I had the same message on my bottle of Clonazepam tabs.  Don't want another addicition!  Maybe there is another reason for not stopping suddenly.

Any advice?

LB - There not be anyone here who has taken that specific drug.  I think you'd do better researching the drug on a reputable site, such as WebMD or Drugs.com. 

I was on another hypertension drug for a while but had to stop it because it made me way dizzy.

I notice on the box they come in it tells me "do not stop taking this medication" - this too worries me. 

Hi LB,

The reason it says that is not because it can cause dependency, it's because if you go off, your blood pressure will go up again.