Just to clarify I'll be doing this right

[Da...]

I'll be starting my changeover to daily reduction titration tapering in a couple of weeks and just wanted to clarify so I understand it correctly.

I have been speaking with Moodle and she has suggested I post here just to confirm I have it correct. Perhaps SG or Builder could chime in and clarify I have my head around this  :thumbsup:

Referring back to Diaz-Pams post here http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=97511.0

I managed to get down to 2.5mg and 2mg in the last month however four days ago I decided to up dose back to 3mg. I will be holding here until I feel ready to start a daily titration taper.

Before joining BB I was using the Ashton manual as a guide and seemed to be doing alright with a 0.5mg per two week cut and hold approach. Most people on here would agree that even that is considered to be rather quick, and especially at the lower doses a daily micro taper with titration is greatly recommended (stairs vs the ramp).

In relation to the method itself I have access to 2mg pills as well as the pharma grade Diazepam Elixir (Australia), however after speaking with some on here the smoothest method seems to be using the tablets to create the liquid solution using milk (I have heard the elixir can cause some GI issues in some?) So I can use the elixir or the milk solution but I am leaning toward the milk method. I do have the appropriate measuring bottles, digital kitchen scales, and various plastic measuring syringes (increments of 0.01ml, 3ml, and 10ml).

I feel this will be the reduction rate for me, considering what I have been doing this is nice and slow - Reduce 100ml by 2ml per day = 50 days to reduce 1mg

Can I please just confirm some points?

If my current dose is 3mg and I am using 2mg tablets, I would take one 2mg tablet, use my pill cutter and cut a 2mg pill into a half, leaving 1mg. This 1mg half is added to 100mls of full fat milk and left to dissolve. As Diaz-Pams post I will also hold for a week at 3mg tablet and liquid just for the changeover to liquid to ensure all goes smoothly.

• Is the changeover from tablets to the milk solution liquid relatively smooth? I have read some experience some trouble but this is because they expect it?
  • Once I am ready to start, my first reduction would be 2mls taken out of the 100mls solution. This would then be a 0.02ml reduction equalling a total of 2.98mg - (Dissolve 1mgV in 100ml full fat milk.  Each ml will contain .01mg V) Quoting Builder there - Does this sound correct for my situation?
  • And as I am using Reduce 100ml by 2ml per day = 50 days to reduce 1mg, each subsequent day will be 2ml removed, so second day is 4ml, third day is 6ml etc ..

This does sound like a much smoother and much slower process. I may also take it even slower and do a 0.01/day reduction if need be. Thank you again to those who I have already spoken with, I would greatly appreciate anyone's experiences or input :)

Thank you again and kind regards to all

Dark :)

In relation to the method itself I have access to 2mg pills as well as the pharma grade Diazepam Elixir (Australia), however after speaking with some on here the smoothest method seems to be using the tablets to create the liquid solution using milk (I have heard the elixir can cause some GI issues in some?) So I can use the elixir or the milk solution but I am leaning toward the milk method. I do have the appropriate measuring bottles, digital kitchen scales, and various plastic measuring syringes (increments of 0.01ml, 3ml, and 10ml).

I'm also in Aust and I used Diazepam Elixir for most of my taper, and it was fine, but I did find out after a while that you do need to discard an opened bottle after 90 days. It doesn't say that on the bottle, but it does say it when you check the leaflet, which interestingly my pharmacist never gave me, so I didn't know. I found though that I started to have problems towards the end of my taper and I suspect that it was because my bottle had been open for too long. ("Keep Diazepam Elixir in a cool dry place where the temperature stays below 25°C. After opening store below 25°C and discard after 90 days"). http://www.mydr.com.au/medicines/cmis/diazepam-elixir

My actual preferred method ended up being a small amount of vodka with tablets (1ml vodka with 1mg valium, topped up with 99ml of water to make the full 100ml). I used that method for the last few months and I found it to be very good. Basically though, the tapering method you choose just comes down to what you personally prefer. They all work equally well. You just have to find the one that you feel most comfortable with, but if I had to do my taper all over again (heaven forbid) I think I would use vodka and tablets.

Is the changeover from tablets to the milk solution liquid relatively smooth? I have read some experience some trouble but this is because they expect it?

This has always been my suspicion. I can understand having problems switching from tablets to liquid valium, because it is a totally different medium, but switching to a milk and tablet titration really isn't any different to just taking a dry tablet with some milk. However, it can't be denied that some people do have problems, whether it is real or imagined. I think we all become hyper-sensitive to so many things when we are tapering, so it's probably always good to be cautious about everything you do. There's no harm at all in holding for a week or two when you switch to a different method of tapering. A hold is always a good thing to do anyway.

Once I am ready to start, my first reduction would be 2mls taken out of the 100mls solution. This would then be a 0.02ml reduction equalling a total of 2.98mg - (Dissolve 1mgV in 100ml full fat milk.  Each ml will contain .01mg V) Quoting Builder there - Does this sound correct for my situation?

On your current dose that sounds like a good plan. Just see how you go and if you start to feel an upswing in symptoms, just hold and maybe try reducing that 2ml by a small amount (even just going to 1.8ml can make a big difference).

And as I am using Reduce 100ml by 2ml per day = 50 days to reduce 1mg, each subsequent day will be 2ml removed, so second day is 4ml, third day is 6ml etc ..

You’ve got it!! You really sound like you've got a clear picture of what you're doing, so I'm sure you're going to be fine. Patience is all you need now.  :thumbsup:

Thank you so much for your reply Diaz-Pam. It was your write up and guide which allowed me to fully understand the method so I really do appreciate you replying.

Did I read in a post somewhere you were from Brisbane? I could have been mistaken, if so, so am I  :)

This elixir bottle I have which is produced by Orion actually does say on the side of it to discard after 90 days under the directions  :o  I assumed this was likely due to it losing potency or something.

With that said I doubt I'll end up using it. As you have stated I think I will try and keep the medium uniformed and use the same tablets with milk. Shame though seeing as it was $50  :-\

I do have some other little questions if you don't mind giving your experience.

• Any idea of how long it takes the 1mg half pill to dissolve in 100mls of full fat milk? (I did read somewhere a "few" hours, which seemed a little odd)
  • A two-parter. How were your symptoms when you were under 1mg? I notice by your signature that you seem to have held quite a bit during this final stage. I realise everyone is unique but what were the symptoms that gave you the most issues?
  • And finally. When you jumped would have you considered yourself pretty much healed or did you experience some protracted symptoms?

Once again thank you so much for taking the time to write up your titration guide (I'm sure so many have benefited from it) and for your reply :)

Yes I'm a Brissy Girl - born and bred.  :yippee: 

They must have changed the labelling on the Elixir bottle because mine never said anything about discarding after 90 days. I only found out by accident when I checked online. The bottle only gave a general expiry date, but that was something like 12 months away.

I'm so pleased that a lot of people have found my titration guide helpful. I vividly remember how confused, anxious and scared I felt when I first came to BB, so it's my way of helping all those who come after me.

Any idea of how long it takes the 1mg half pill to dissolve in 100mls of full fat milk? (I did read somewhere a "few" hours, which seemed a little odd)

It won't actually fully dissolve. The valium will "suspend" in the milk, but there will still be some particles floating around which are the fillers, and not to be worried about. I'm honestly not sure how long it takes for the valium to suspend, but I always made my new mixture the day before and left it in the fridge. There were a couple of times where I wasn't quite so organised and had to make and take straight away, so I just tried to leave it for an hour or so. It may not even need that long, but if you can manage to at least leave it overnight in the fridge that would probably be a good thing.

A two-parter. How were your symptoms when you were under 1mg? I notice by your signature that you seem to have held quite a bit during this final stage. I realise everyone is unique but what were the symptoms that gave you the most issues?

I hit a huge wall at 1mg and had to hold for a couple of months. A lot of people seem to have this same experience, but often at different doses. I think it's just part of the whole accumulation effect of valium. It just seems that it gets to a point where you need to take time out and allow everything to catch up. If it happens to you don't be scared to hold for as long as it takes - even if that's for a good month or two.

My symptoms were always insomnia and the associated anxiety and depression. I would also get an "early warning sign" of afternoon headaches. I knew when those headaches started that I needed to hold, but sadly my impatience often meant that I didn't take any notice of the signs and I would always pay for it in the end.

And finally. When you jumped would have you considered yourself pretty much healed or did you experience some protracted symptoms?

I tapered right off to absolute zero, but I still had my usual insomnia issues for a few months afterwards. I would then have periods where everything was great, but I would then go through a period where the insomnia would return for a few weeks. These episodes gradually got less and less, until eventually I would just have a couple of days of sleep issues now and again. I'm now just shy of 12 months benzo free and I am completely healed. I haven't had any sleep problems for a number of months now. I will occasionally have a night here or there where I have trouble sleeping, but it is usually caused by going out to dinner and eating late or having coffee and dessert too late. On those nights I just pop a ¼ of a doxylamine tablet and I drift off pretty easily.

I can’t tell you just how great benzo-free life is. I’ve recently retired from work, and I went through a period of depression because that’s a complete change of lifestyle. You suddenly have a lot of free time on your hands and nothing constructive to do with it. I’m just really glad that I wasn’t also dealing with benzo dependency at the same time.

However, I’ve been feeling really great over the last few weeks. I'm starting to feel really motived by life again. I’m getting out and doing some gardening, joining new groups and making new friends and I’ve even recently discovered that I may have a talent for painting, and have just started some art classes. This has been the biggest surprise to me because I was always one of those people who said I couldn't paint or draw, but I'd never really tried. It just goes to show that you don’t know what you can do until you do try. 

So, as we said here in Oz – I wouldn’t be dead for quids!!!!  :D

Brisbane, Brisvegas. There is something comforting about having someone experienced such as yourself living in the same city.

So, as we said here in Oz – I wouldn’t be dead for quids!!!

I was trying to think of a typical Brisbane saying, although nothing noteworthy springs to mind.

We do have a beautiful bridge that lights up maroon and a skyneedle built by a hairdresser who loves the colour pink, what more could you want? I do love this city though  :thumbsup:

So those filler particles that float, which you say not to be worried about, I Imagine they're completely fine just to be left in there and drank? No need to remove them.

Also I do have a pill crusher and cutter, when you did your vodka method did you just split the pill and put it in, or did you crush it up first?

Thank you for letting me know about your symptoms and being specific. I know patience is the key and my body is the one which dictates my reductions, rest assured I will be going as slow as snails pace. Once I came down under 5mg the cog fog seemed to go. Since I have mostly experienced muscle jerks (myclonic twitches), early morning waking/insomnia, however anxiety and depression haven't been a large factor as yet. Most recently minor GI upset, which I thought safe to up dose and hold. Then I will change from my previous cut and hold approach and implement the daily titration reductions when I'm ready. On that note, did you experience any GI issues?

Just to read your success story is an inspiration. Your guide, well I've already said this but, is written so well, allowing ordinary people to understand a process that can seem a bit tricky.

That's great to hear you've discovered a creative talent like painting. I am not psychologist by any means but I understand doing things we enjoy like painting, creative arts, relaxing activities such as gardening, and staying moderately active are quite therapeutic and create new pathways in our mind, effectively rewiring and assisting with depression and anxiety.

I know one site which a psychologist put me onto once which was http://www.meetup.com/ I know, I know .. it looks like a shady internet dating site  :o 

If you enjoy painting or gardening you can put that in and see if there are any small groups which get together in your local area (806 people in a group for painting, drawing, and art classes within 16kms of Chermside)

Just a little site I've discovered on my journey. I enjoy photography, that is very popular, so many free classes and a lot of social groups doing that.

Thank you again Diaz for taking the time to reply and answer my many many questions.

Yep, Brisbane would have to be my favourite place in the world. What other city has a beautiful winter's day like today..lol..

Those particles of the tablet can just be taken as normal. You would normally consume them as part of the tablet anyway.

I never worried about crushing my tablet. The brand I used (Antenex) broke down really quickly in either milk or vodka.

No, I never had an GI issues.

I have heard of meetup. In fact I am a member of a couple of groups, although I don't do a lot when them.

Thanks for the info. That's great you're able do hobbies and such that you enjoy.

I never used to be like this but I find nowadays I spend a lot of time just staring at the walls so to speak, worst thing you can do for anxiety and makes a tough process that little bit more difficult.

It has been lovely weather to get out and about, with the exception of a bit of rain. It's getting a bit colder apparently, if you can call Brisbane cold. I do feel the chilly weather though  :o

Thanks for your info. I made the changeover to the milk liquid mixture last Wednesday and now understand how to make the batches up and how to measure the reductions. 

So far so good. I have all the equipment working well, writing dosages and how I feel down. I will probably start making the daily reductions in the coming days.

Can I ask your opinion Diaz, or anyone's opinion on this?

I understand we are all unique and our body will dictate the rate at which we cut, but I am thinking of starting the reduction at the 0.02ml or 0.01ml mark (1mgV/100mls milk)

With what I have in my signature does this sound reasonable? Are there any recommendations from others past experiences which would be the better starting point. I'm feeling 0.02ml to start.

Working out the cut percentages/duration, both are significantly lower cuts and offer an overall longer duration of reduction than my previous efforts of 0.5mg/two week as per the Ashton manual as a guide using the (somewhat aggressive) cut and hold approach.

:)

Thanks for the info. That's great you're able do hobbies and such that you enjoy.

I never used to be like this but I find nowadays I spend a lot of time just staring at the walls so to speak, worst thing you can do for anxiety and makes a tough process that little bit more difficult.

It has been lovely weather to get out and about, with the exception of a bit of rain. It's getting a bit colder apparently, if you can call Brisbane cold. I do feel the chilly weather though  :o

Thanks for your info. I made the changeover to the milk liquid mixture last Wednesday and now understand how to make the batches up and how to measure the reductions. 

So far so good. I have all the equipment working well, writing dosages and how I feel down. I will probably start making the daily reductions in the coming days.

Can I ask your opinion Diaz, or anyone's opinion on this?

I understand we are all unique and our body will dictate the rate at which we cut, but I am thinking of starting the reduction at the 0.02ml or 0.01ml mark (1mgV/100mls milk)

With what I have in my signature does this sound reasonable? Are there any recommendations from others past experiences which would be the better starting point. I'm feeling 0.02ml to start.

Working out the cut percentages/duration, both are significantly lower cuts and offer an overall longer duration of reduction than my previous efforts of 0.5mg/two week as per the Ashton manual as a guide using the (somewhat aggressive) cut and hold approach.

:)

.2ml is a good start to get your confidence up.  I think once you get the hang of you could slowly increase.  With Valium you could probably work up to 1ml a day or .01mg a day.  Maybe 2ml a day but don't push to hard.

Stay strong!

sharkey

Thanks for the reply Sharkey. I've read through a fair few of your posts, very informative  :thumbsup:

I thought I understood right but I notice you say maybe work up to 2ml per day. From my understanding this is actually where I am starting at.

I have been going off Diaz-Pams post http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=97511.0

My current dose is 3.00mg with a 2.00mg tablet and the other a ratio of 1mgV:100mls milk.

My first reduction was 2mls out of the 100mls milk.

Reduce 100ml by 2ml per day = 50 days to reduce 1mg

I am now at 2.98mg. Today will be the same 2mls out of 100mls milk reduction which will take me to 2.96mg.

First would be the 2mls out of the 100mls milk mixture, down to 98mls, today another 2mls down to 96mls.

Day 1 – Drink the 100ml solution

Day 2 – Make a new solution and drink 98ml (you can either discard the rest or use it to make up part of your next day’s dose)

Day 3 – Make a new solution and drink 96ml (discard or use remainder the next day)

Day 4 – Make a new solution and drink 94ml (discard or use remainder the next day)

Day 5 – Make a new solution and drink 92ml (discard or use remainder the next day)

Day 6 – Make a new solution and drink 90ml (discard or use remainder the next day)

etc ……..

This is the 2ml per day you were referring to? I thought I had my head around this based off Diaz-Pams post however with what you have said it seems I am starting the reduction at a point you suggest most would be better working up to. Is this too harsh of a reduction to start at? or maybe am I getting my measurements and reductions mixed up?

I was going to see how I go with that reduction amount as I thought It was quite low (could be wrong) if there were any issues drop to 1mls reductions (1ml out of 100mls milk) as below.

Reduce 100ml by 1ml per day = 100 days to reduce 1mg

Hopefully that makes sense. I'm guessing I've probably used a wrong measurement or something.

If I understand right I am doing a daily reduction of 3.00mg - 0.02mls in 100mls milk = 2.98mg so in theory 50 days to get to 2.00mg. (If all goes smoothly)

To do 3.00mg - 0.20mls in 100mls milk = 2.80mg would be 5 days to get to 2.00mg, would be very aggressive for me.

The 0.20mls reduction would probably be more aggressive than my dry 0.5mg reduction every two weeks using the cut and hold approach, 28 days to get to 2.00mg.

Hopefully that is right. I thought I understood correctly but I'm not great when it comes to working it out especially when it involves math  ::)

Any input would be great. Thanks guys

Your original post said .2ml not 2ml that was what I based my response on.  I would recommend doing 1ml to start or .5ml and work up to 2ml. 

Sharkey

No need to apologize.  It's all good.  Do you have a handle on it?  Let us know what other questions you have.

sharkey

Thanks Sharkey  :)

I think I have a handle on it. Your comment did have me questioning my reductions at first but I knew there must have been some miscommunication or stuff up on my part.

I remember reading several titration posts and guides to begin with and looking at the ratios, this equals that, this is one method here is another method etc, and being a bit overwhelmed.

Diaz's post was the one that worked for me. It's very well written and I feel anyone who wants to changeover to daily Valium/Diazepam reductions using titration should definitely read it. http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=97511.0

Once I was able to understand the basics of it, the process itself, the methods available, and rates of reduction, it all fell into place and made sense.

There must be so many people who consider changing over to a liquid titration but have difficulty understanding how to implement it properly, thankfully you guys give your time answering so many questions  :thumbsup:

I would recommend doing 1ml to start or .5ml and work up to 2ml

I was thinking this too. I have read it's easier to start at 0.5ml or 1ml reductions and work your way up rather than the opposite. I might implement one of those cut rates and see how I go.

For me it now looks like time is the key, nice and slow. I'm sure I'll have more questions as time goes on which I'll post here. Thankfully it's looking like I've got a reasonable understanding of titration tapering.

Thank you again :)

Thanks Sharkey  :)

I think I have a handle on it. Your comment did have me questioning my reductions at first but I knew there must have been some miscommunication or stuff up on my part.

I remember reading several titration posts and guides to begin with and looking at the ratios, this equals that, this is one method here is another method etc, and being a bit overwhelmed.

Diaz's post was the one that worked for me. It's very well written and I feel anyone who wants to changeover to daily Valium/Diazepam reductions using titration should definitely read it. http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=97511.0

Once I was able to understand the basics of it, the process itself, the methods available, and rates of reduction, it all fell into place and made sense.

There must be so many people who consider changing over to a liquid titration but have difficulty understanding how to implement it properly, thankfully you guys give your time answering so many questions  :thumbsup:

I would recommend doing 1ml to start or .5ml and work up to 2ml

I was thinking this too. I have read it's easier to start at 0.5ml or 1ml reductions and work your way up rather than the opposite. I might implement one of those cut rates and see how I go.

For me it now looks like time is the key, nice and slow. I'm sure I'll have more questions as time goes on which I'll post here. Thankfully it's looking like I've got a reasonable understanding of titration tapering.

Thank you again :)

Diaz-Pam's guide is great so if you follow that than you will do great.  Sounds like you are right on track.  Let me know if you have any questions as you go along.

Stay strong!

sharkey

Hey Sharky - missed that you made it to 0! Big congrats - well done... another successful micro taper. Be well - M

Hey Sharky - missed that you made it to 0! Big congrats - well done... another successful micro taper. Be well - M

Thanks mark!  It feels good to be finally done.

Congrats Sharky, that must be a super feeling to be finished :)

Just a bit of an update from my previous post.

I've changed over to a 1mgV/100mls milk suspension two weeks ago. I held for about four days and then decided to start reducing. Anyone who reads this I would recommend holding for at least one week or two just to be safe, given the long half life of Valium.

I did start at a 0.02mg reduction at first however given Sharkys advice and other information I have read on BB I thought it best to dial it back for the time being.

I am currently at 2.84mg and reducing at a rate of 0.01mg per day (2.83mg, 2.82mg and so forth)

Having recently read over Diaz-Pams and MarkMs progress log I would just like an opinion if my current rate of reduction is accepted as being low and smooth.

I notice some do a 0.015mg per day reduction which appears to be much less than I am doing, 0.01mg? Keep in mind my math is not fantastic, so I could be totally wrong  ::)

3.00       3.00

-0.01mg   -0.015mg

--------------------------

2.99       2.985

2.98       2.970

2.97       2.955

2.96       2.940

2.95       2.925

2.94       2.910

2.93       ------

2.92       (6 Days)

------

(10 Days)

So maybe I am wrong? 0.015mg is a greater reduction than 0.01mg? I am the king of being shocking at math  ::)

So far 0.01mg per day seems to be going fine. My 100mls of milk, plastic syringes, and scales are doing the job, however the digital scales don't go into decimal points which so far isn't an issue.

I seem to have my head around the process however if need be I'm not sure I would know how to make such an incremental reduction such as 0.015mg in 100mls milk, should the need arise or if someone recommends it against what I'm currently doing.

So currently things are alright but I just wanted to put this out there and see what other peoples experiences are.

Thank you guys :)

Congrats Sharky, that must be a super feeling to be finished :)

Just a bit of an update from my previous post.

I've changed over to a 1mgV/100mls milk suspension two weeks ago. I held for about four days and then decided to start reducing. Anyone who reads this I would recommend holding for at least one week or two just to be safe, given the long half life of Valium.

I did start at a 0.02mg reduction at first however given Sharkys advice and other information I have read on BB I thought it best to dial it back for the time being.

I am currently at 2.84mg and reducing at a rate of 0.01mg per day (2.83mg, 2.82mg and so forth)

Having recently read over Diaz-Pams and MarkMs progress log I would just like an opinion if my current rate of reduction is accepted as being low and smooth.

I notice some do a 0.015mg per day reduction which appears to be much less than I am doing, 0.01mg? Keep in mind my math is not fantastic, so I could be totally wrong  ::)

3.00       3.00

-0.01mg   -0.015mg

--------------------------

2.99       2.985

2.98       2.970

2.97       2.955

2.96       2.940

2.95       2.925

2.94       2.910

2.93       ------

2.92       (6 Days)

------

(10 Days)

So maybe I am wrong? 0.015mg is a greater reduction than 0.01mg? I am the king of being shocking at math  ::)

So far 0.01mg per day seems to be going fine. My 100mls of milk, plastic syringes, and scales are doing the job, however the digital scales don't go into decimal points which so far isn't an issue.

I seem to have my head around the process however if need be I'm not sure I would know how to make such an incremental reduction such as 0.015mg in 100mls milk, should the need arise or if someone recommends it against what I'm currently doing.

So currently things are alright but I just wanted to put this out there and see what other peoples experiences are.

Thank you guys :)

If .01 a day is working for you, than stick with it.  About your question, .015 is larger than .01.  If you decide you want to increase your rate let me know and i will help you with the math.

Stay strong!

sharkey

If .01 a day is working for you, than stick with it.  About your question, .015 is larger than .01.  If you decide you want to increase your rate let me know and i will help you with the math.

Thanks Sharkey. As you say I will stick to what is working for the time being. If I want to increase slightly and need a hand with the tricky math I will message you, thank you :)

Another question!

As previously stated I am currently taking 2mgV in tablet and the other 1mgV/100mls milk of which I am making my reductions.

When a person eventually gets down to the next milligram mark, say 2mg, the 2mg pill will then be split in half.

One half (1mg) in tablet form and one half (1mg) will be used to make up the next 100mls liquid as has been previously done.

My question is, do people usually feel a need to hold at this stage just due to the change in tablet dosage? or is it just that initial changeover when a person firsts changes to liquid that most people recommend holding on?

I also ask the same question again for when a person hits 1mg and stops taking tablets completely and just uses the milk suspension entirely, do people usually hold?

Hopefully that makes sense, a long winded way of asking a straightforward question. I like to be thorough  ::)

Thanks Sharkey. As you say I will stick to what is working for the time being. If I want to increase slightly and need a hand with the tricky math I will message you, thank you :)

Another question!

As previously stated I am currently taking 2mgV in tablet and the other 1mgV/100mls milk of which I am making my reductions.

When a person eventually gets down to the next milligram mark, say 2mg, the 2mg pill will then be split in half.

One half (1mg) in tablet form and one half (1mg) will be used to make up the next 100mls liquid as has been previously done.

My question is, do people usually feel a need to hold at this stage just due to the change in tablet dosage? or is it just that initial changeover when a person firsts changes to liquid that most people recommend holding on?

I also ask the same question again for when a person hits 1mg and stops taking tablets completely and just uses the milk suspension entirely, do people usually hold?

Hopefully that makes sense, a long winded way of asking a straightforward question. I like to be thorough  ::)

If you handled the initial transition to liquid ok then I would just continue.  If you had trouble with the transition then I would hold for a bit

If you handled the initial transition to liquid ok then I would just continue.  If you had trouble with the transition then I would hold for a bit

Thanks Sharkey :)

• 5 weeks later...

Hi everyone.

Thanks to SG, builder, Diaz-Pam, and Moodle for their constant help and patience answering my questions. A shout out to a few others who I have been quizzing too, thank you very much.

I just want some advice. I am considering changing to dosing twice daily. Just basing this on how I have been feeling and I think twice a day might assist.

I am currently at 2.50mg V. I take the 2mg in dry tablet and my cut comes out of the 1mg in 100mls milk. I am reducing at .01mg per day.

What is the best way to go about this, I would like to keep it simple.

Is it possible to take 1mg dry in the AM followed by the other half of the same pill being 1mg in the PM and doing my cut in the PM also using the milk? Or vice versa, milk cut in the AM, 1mg dry tablet in the PM.

I would guess following this method once I eventually reach 2mg I could then take 1mg in either the AM or PM and use my 1mg in milk and make my reductions in the other. For example if I choose to remain taking the tablet 1mg in the AM I could then take the 1mg in milk and make my cut from that in the PM. Using this method eventually reaching 1mg, the dry tablet would be removed and the remaining 1mg would be using the milk.

Does this sound acceptable, or are others who dose V twice daily doing it differently?

Thank you guys

I'd take half the 2mg pill in AM and PM as you plan, then take your cut from the milk and split the remaining milk in half by eyeballing it, taking half AM and half PM.