emergency to get off or try liquid or something

[kr...]

I am in a crunch and not knowledgable in this area. pls help me out. situation going on is my bf drove to my appt w pnurse and the brief convo between them when i said come in well it was a mistake. she said im on a low dose and most of my anxiety is from worrying about wd cause im so obsessive. that i can quit taking it or reduce which i thought she was going t o back me up on and now bf is dictating that i am done w klon. hes gone now till sun nite and then here a week and then gone a month. hell probably make me flush what i have left. hes not enlightened about all this stuff. so i have to somehow take med discretely till i have my month alone. i dont think i am as bad off as many on bb. can someone see my history and give me an opinion on dosing off w another method than breaking wafers? something he wont be seeing?

another factor in getting off soon wo tons of wd is that for one, i think my weakness will recede. also need to be better to find winter renters and go bk to fl again so our financial plans will move forward.

take one and half at night and one morning. i seem to be much better on days wout stress ie i can work myself up. do you think i need liquid and what do you mix wtih iv seen different stories. im not sure what to keep it in and if i can get it called in tomrow  its holdiay weekend.

she said to me on way out how i was on my supply and she doesnt do the mixture or call it in or something like that i forget, miscommunication maybe. bf out of ear shot. he thnks shes saying quit k. this is stressing me out more than the pill itself. i have to see do and do bloodwork too. imconerned bout the weakness which had improved in june till bf arrived to help w hell week getting rental ready. he did most all the work. now im setback again. i just want to workout again!

i went to a pharm iwalked in and asked to help w schedule. lady showed me break wafer in qtrs w fingers. and wrote a 23 day schedule to get me off. she didnt think i needed to go to zero. whe wrote it on a calendar page awhere its stops at about .03. still would have a couple i could crumble at very end. what do you thnk of the plan considering my time on drug?? and teh bf situation??

oh my god its 3 am!...this thinking is more bohersome than the pill -

Hi Kris,

What is your daily dosage? 

A daily liquid titration involves dissolving your pill in to either whole fat milk or a couple of mL of 80 proof or higher proof alcohol. Usually vodka. I think that K is soluble in both milk and alcohol.  If using alcohol, the pill would be dissolved in about 2 mL and then you would add enough water for your daily dose. For example, if I were taking 1 mg/day, I would dissolve the 1 mg pill in 2 mL of alcohol and then add 98 mL of water. This would give you 100 mL of liquid. Each mL would contain 0.01 mg of K. Removing 0.5 mL of the liquid would be a  0.005 mg/day cut.  The second day, remove 1 mL, the third remove 1.5 mL, the fourth day 2 mL and so on. This would be a 7% reduction of your daily dose in two weeks. Making very small cuts each day is much easier on your system than making one large cut.

Again, I do not know your dosage.  The daily cuts and the amount of liquid will depend on your daily dosage. One should reduce no more than 5 to 10% every two weeks.

Anne

I am taking one and a halfish wafer at night and one in am. i dont feel its doing much for me. each is .125.

so i dont get the math - with my dosage . and do i have to make this daily, weekly? and keep it in fridge?

Im wondering if there are things the DO can discover that may help me.

I also bring on much worry by obsessing. i was doing better in june! now its all falling apart with this event. i am trying not to panic. med doesnt do much for me. maybe it is just me and should i ct or break it down quick or give in to an antidepressant. im scared

feel like im gonna fall apart today. panicky. cant eat.. smoking a lot.

:hug: Sharkey asked us to some over and give you some advice because he is busy with other stuff right now.

I'm a 50+ female who started tapering my benzo a few months ago. I'd like to help but want to make sure I understand your situation. You were taking .25mg K AM and PM and you just recently cut 1/4 of your dose? That is a HUGE cut and is why you feel so bad. If you just did it in the last day or so, you may want to reinstate and go back to the .25 plus .25 and hold there until you feel better. I held a month after a too-big cut. It was scary and awful and at times I thought I was going to die. I didn't. I just kept reminding myself that my brain is trying to heal, my brain is trying to heal and distracted myself from the anxiety as much as I could.

Regarding getting off in 23 days, most people cannot go that fast and will have severe symptoms if they try.

Regarding your boyfriend, unless he is an expert (obviously not) or understanding/supportive of you (thinking maybe not either) he needs to get his nose out of your medical decisions. Do not take him into your appointments if he is not being supportive. If he is going to try to force you to let him in and you can't stand up to him, call ahead and ask the doctor/nurse to refuse to allow him to come in.

If I were in your shoes, I would keep taking the .25 plus .25 until he is out of the way (on that long trip). Don't tell him what you're doing. If he asks, tell him you don't want to talk about it. If he pushes, thank him for being concerned, and tell him you are working on a plan and will tell him when you and your prescriber have worked it out. If he is intent on controlling you, this is a BIG RED FLAG. Look elsewhere for support and considering getting rid of him. I'm dead serious about that. But if he is just stesssed and worried, cut him some slack and ask him to cut you some slack, too, while you work out your plan. Ask him not to rush you, please.

Meanwhile, come over to the micro tapering thread. Read the whole thread, if you can. You will get a good education about how to withdraw from benzos gently. The micro tapering thread is the no-drama thread. We go slowly and carefully and focus on success. That is the way to get off of benzos. You can explain where you're at and our math and dilution gurus will tell you step by step what to do. Right now, when you're feeling bad from your cut, just keep at your dose and learn as much as you can on the thread and from the gurus. There is no rush. Rushing makes it worse.

Once you are armed with the knowledge you need, write out your tapering plan and present it to your prescriber. Tell her this is what you need to do and ask for her support. Be your own advocate. We will back you up on this since your bf and prescriber seem to not be much help. If you can find one person in real life (a friend or relative or therapist) who will be supportive of you, that will help you feel better. But not everybody finds that person except on the boards.

Meanwhile, remember, if you are feeling awful, it's because you made a huge cut. Your brain is trying to adjust. It hurts. I've been there. I got through it. Then I switched to micro tapering. I will never make a huge cut again.

Please join us on the micro tapering thread ASAP!  http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=135284.0;topicseen

• Popular Now

• [Lo...]