Is It Bedtime for Benzos?

[St...]

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/van-winkles/is-it-bedtime-for-benzos_b_7663456.html

The tide is turning and the truth of benzos is becoming known to not only us that were unfortunately educated the hard road of life way, but it is becoming known to more thru research which I believe will then trinkle down amongst the professional medical people.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/06/12/medicare-tranquilizers_n_7567032.html

Another good but alarming article just how large this prescribing of benzos is. People you may feel terrible today, you might be tapering or you might be holding on after going c/t but today you are one of the fortunate ones. You have either become free of that poison or you are on the road to one day becoming free, and once you do you will heal. I promise you, YOU WILL HEAL.  I'm 46 months free tomorrow and I'm sx free and feeling better than I have in almost 20 yrs. You are not part of this mass amount of people on that medicine anymore and if you are it won't be much longer, you know the truth and you will regain your life.

The word is getting out and you will not be looked upon as "it was just you, or that you did something wrong".  I believe this is going to be bigger than opiates. There are more people on benzos than were on pain medication. 

Keep on the road you are on, it is hard I totally know from being on it almost 16 yrs and then going c/t. My recovery was harsh, but I put all my focus on the life I have now, one of pure health!!!!  I know it will happen for you also, in time.

stillbelieving  :angel:

WOW, so very inspiring, Stillbelieving!!! Thank you so very much. I needed a lift today.  :smitten:

And thanks also for the articles. I'm feeling a little more optimistic with the number of articles coming out recently.

[fd...]
My Dr. is in this article...I just tried to CT and it was a NO GO. He even advised me against it but I am stubborn and wanted to just get off...I forgot how horrific my past 2 CTs were. I only made it 4 days this time..I made it 12 days the past 2 in facilities. Today I couldn't walk, couldn't barely talk, couldn't eat, swallow, was twitching and convulsing.... talk about hell. Thank God my Dr. understands that I am not an addict...I'm severely dependent. I hope I can stabilize somewhat I've never been truly stable...but I have been way better than I am now. It came down to life or death..I had to choose life which meant reinstating.

I just read the first article and will read the second one soon. Thank you so much for sharing this information! That first one hits the nail right on the head. It's great to see informative articles on the realities of benzodiazepine overprescription in the mainstream American media. More please!

Your wise and encouraging words come from experience, and anyone who reads them will feel their depth. You've been there; You know.

Once again, many thanks!