What Would Insomnia Mean?

[tr...]

I know it means I can't sleep :D Yep,the insomnia beast is creeping in on me which is kind of freaking me out. That's what did me in my last taper.  Any suggestions regarding the taper? (I'm already doing all of the holistic stuff) Unisom makes me feel wired.

Hey tryinhard,

Have you tried magnesium, valerian, chammomile, and/or melatonin?  I usually alternate these at night.  They help most of the time.

Stay strong!

sharkey

I take the magnesium but not the others. I'm wondering if I may be getting out in front a little bit. I'm thinking I should hold for a little bit. What do ya think? Have you had any sleepless nights?

I take the magnesium but not the others. I'm wondering if I may be getting out in front a little bit. I'm thinking I should hold for a little bit. What do ya think? Have you had any sleepless nights?

I have had some sleepless nights, only once or twice with multiple nights in a row.  I did hold for 5 days but i had some bad anxiety with the insommnia that time.  I have alot of nights when I wake up wide awake at 3AM and cant go back to sleep.  I read about the adrenal cocktail on a thread here.  I use it when I am waking up in the middle of the night and it helps.  Im sure you can google it, but it contains: 1 teaspoon Cream of tater, 1 teaspoon of Himalayan Pink Salt and 1 cup of Orange Juice.  Hope this helps!

I know it means I can't sleep :D Yep,the insomnia beast is creeping in on me which is kind of freaking me out. That's what did me in my last taper.  Any suggestions regarding the taper? (I'm already doing all of the holistic stuff) Unisom makes me feel wired.

Which Unisom?  SleepTabs are doxylamine, all the others are diphenhydramine.  Many of us on BB have had good luck with doxylamine.

Thanks for responding builder. Yeah, I got the sleep tabs because I had heard others had good luck. Not the case with me unfortunately. I'm thinking I may have gotten out in front of my taper a little bit though; I'm going to hold a couple days to see if I get straightened out.

These mini holds are starting to pile up a bit, which is worrisome.

For that reason I was thinking of crossing to V because I hear people say that it's more sedating and easier to come off of than K. If I was still having this problem when I get to .5 that's when I would switch.  What do you think of that?

• 3 weeks later...

Tryinhard

I would really give the Valium idea some second thoughts.  I was at .375 K when I made the change.  It was the single biggest mistake of my taper.  Had I stayed on Klonopin there is no doubt in mind I would be done by now.  I lost 5 weeks in the transition and my depression went from bad to suicidally bad on Valium.  Sx's escalated markedly on Valium.  It is a nasty, nasty drug that has 3 benzo's in one...oxazepam, temazepam and O-desmethyldiazepam.  Each have a different half life and two different metabolic pathways are used.  Only through intensive support and weekly counseling am I still alive.  The long half life's actually problematic.  You don't know which cut is hitting you, the one from 2 days ago or the one from a week ago.  With K, the feedback is pretty immediate.  The transition period is lengthy and if it doesn't work you are back to square one and who knows how your CNS will react after a failed V cross-over.  Just some things to consider.

I understand the whole Ashton thing but I don't believe that Klonopin was available in the UK in the 1980's when she did her "pioneering work" but I could be wrong and irregardless Ashton is sort of out the window for most people here anyway. 

Your mileage may vary of course but if you are successfully titrating doses of K you might want to just continue dancing with the devil that you know.  Insomnia is part of withdrawal.  No getting around spurts of it for most.