ICD Update - We need our own diagnostic code

[To...]

Here are the social media pages for the the ICD (part of the WHO) who update diagnostic codes. We are pushing for a diagnostic code that reflects iatrogenic, sedative hypnotic withdrawal syndrome "Ashton Syndrome" and this is a great place to start getting their attention.

Why does this matter? It affects your insurance coverage, benefits, life insurance and a host of other things not to mention gives us back some dignity and vindicates us from the denial many doctors and health organizations have demonstrated in the the past. Let them hear you!

https://www.facebook.com/ICD11

And, I might add if you don't mind Tomo, once doctors start coding and getting paid for their decisions, they'll start defending their decisions.  They will start defending us. 

Almost everyone listens to what doctors have to say.  Almost everyone banks on them. 

And I'm not really a fan of the way docs are doing their business, but it would be nice if they would help.  And they will when the money is there.

Absolutely! I have had incompetent doctors and I have had amazing doctors through this process. But the bottom line is that we need them to advance our collective efforts and to be taken seriously. Many doctors are starting to come around. I recently met with a few high ranking psychiatrist at Stanford and they see this benzo problem in their words as a "medication epidemic." These are the teachers. The doctors that train the current idiots that got a lot of us into this mess. Slowly but surely this problem is being uncovered and it is my hope that the next generation isn't exposed to the same pitfalls

Absolutely! I have had incompetent doctors and I have had amazing doctors through this process. But the bottom line is that we need them to advance our collective efforts and to be taken seriously. Many doctors are starting to come around. I recently met with a few high ranking psychiatrist at Stanford and they see this benzo problem in their words as a "medication epidemic." These are the teachers. The doctors that train the current idiots that got a lot of us into this mess. Slowly but surely this problem is being uncovered and it is my hope that the next generation isn't exposed to the same pitfalls

:thumbsup: