ativan solubiliity in whole milk? :/

[We...]

I'm venturing from my cozy little microtaper group to search for some info.

I do have a history of being sensitive to alcohol, but I really believed the 3ml of it I used to dissolve my Ativan in would not pose a problem.

However, after my first 2 doses, I did get itchy and a whopping headache. And I never get headaches, not even in acute withdrawal phases.

I've been looking on different threads all over the forum, which seem to have different opinions.

I was wondering if those 'in the know' can give info in Ativan solubility in whole milk.

any advice would be sooo appreciated. thanks :)

Shannon

[36...]
I don't believe that Ativan is soluble in whole milk.  It is available as a liquid formulation.  Perhaps that would work for you.

Hi there,

As far as I'm aware Ativan is not lipid soluble, it has no affinity for the fat in milk so is usually titrated in water.

I hope this helps,

Debbie

I agree.  I don' think milk will dissolve ativan.  Like the previous poster said, it is available as a prescription liquid and can always be compounded.  Also, any benzo can be put in Ora Plus, which is a suspension liquid.

Interesting. thanks everyone :)

There seem to be different opinions on Ativan and water. Do those of you who have posted all agree Ativan is soluable in water?

SCG, as far as the ora plus goes, would you use it in the same way one would use the alchohol?

dissolve the pills in a little of it, then mix it in water to make a larger solution?

We can't get the lliquid RX benzos in Canada. Compounding may be an option I have to look at. (so expensive here...ugg)

thanks again, everyone

Shannon

[36...]
Ativan is not very soluble in water.  One can still make a suspension in water.  However, it will settle out of solution, so one needs to work with it (measure, ingest) pretty quickly.

ok, Thanks, Badsocref.

congrats on being benzofree. I can't believe you cold turkeyed it. You must be one strong person.

Shannon

There seem to be different opinions on Ativan and water. Do those of you who have posted all agree Ativan is soluable in water?

SCG, as far as the ora plus goes, would you use it in the same way one would use the alchohol?

dissolve the pills in a little of it, then mix it in water to make a larger solution?

We can't get the lliquid RX benzos in Canada. Compounding may be an option I have to look at. (so expensive here...ugg)

thanks again, everyone

Shannon

All the common benzos have water solubilities below .1mg/ml, which means they are practically insoluble in water...very low and not very useful, but they will dissolve with enough water and time.  As Bad said, what some people do is suspend the A (or any benzo) in water and that can be made to work with enough attention to detail.  But why do this if you can dissolve.

No, Ora Plus is not like that.  You need it the way it is.  I've never used it, but it is a liquid that is made to suspend drugs so I would not mess with diluting it beyond what the manufacturer recommends.

Ah, ok. Thanks for the clarification, SCG.

I've been experimenting with lower levels of alcohol to dissolve my Ativan. 2ml and 1ml instead of 3ml. I seem to be tolerating the lower levels of alcohol.

thanks again,

Shannon

1)  There seem to be different opinions on Ativan and water. Do those of you who have posted all agree Ativan is soluable in water?

2) SCG, as far as the ora plus goes, would you use it in the same way one would use the alchohol?

thanks again, everyone

Shannon

1) Ativan has a solubility in water of 80mg/L, or .08mg/ml...pretty close to completely insoluble.

2) OraPlus is a suspension agent, not a solvent.  It can be diluted 1:1 with water.