Completely new to the idea of Titration.

[Ti...]

So I was posting over on the taper board and I definitely think that titration would would better. I'm not sure what info I need to post here. My head is pretty cloudy, sorry if I miss a few things. If there's a general guideline that I missed I can go back and read that and try posting again. I just don't want to be out of place in a place where I'm asking for help. 

My dose right now is .5 twice a day. (Doctor wanted me to drop the first dose in the day to .25 as next reduction but I'm looking for something easier I guess.) I watched a video for all the supplies and I'll go out tomorrow and buy those. I'm just wondering how you guys come up with a plan.

The plan is all based on your cut rate.  If you make a 1mg/100ml solution, than each 1ml=.01mg.  You could start with .0025mg/.25ml a day.  Once you get the process down you can speed up or slow down based on how you feel.

Stay strong!

sharkey

The plan is all based on your cut rate.  If you make a 1mg/100ml solution, than each 1ml=.01mg.  You could start with .0025mg/.25ml a day.  Once you get the process down you can speed up or slow down based on how you feel.

Stay strong!

sharkey

Thank you! I like the idea of adjusting to how you feel. I mean. Every cut I've made so far has been so hard that I had to stop working, I can't finish college (yet). I can barely go outside at the moment and I never had agoraphobia before starting to taper. Anyways I guess what I'm saying is that sounds nice. To be able to adjust and function on my own terms lol. It's almost enough to smile  :D

Do people generally decrease doses daily though? I know the amount is very small but it still seems fast.

You can go as slow as you want.  0.1ml or .001mg a day.  That would be very conservative but I think it would start to build your confidence.  If you do switch to liquid, stay at full dose for a week before reducing.  Some people feel the switch a little.

Sharkey

You can go as slow as you want.  0.1ml or .001mg a day.  That would be very conservative but I think it would start to build your confidence.  If you do switch to liquid, stay at full dose for a week before reducing.  Some people feel the switch a little.

Sharkey

Why is that if it's the same drug. Maybe losing a little in the mixture or something??

Sharkey

Why is that if it's the same drug. Maybe losing a little in the mixture or something??

Yes, absolutely.  Its the same drug.  Some folks feel an effect, because they expect to feel an effect.

Yes, absolutely.  Its the same drug.  Some folks feel an effect, because they expect to feel an effect.

Ok, that clears up some of the anxiety about doing it haha. I mean it can't be the same as jumping doses, I feel people wouldn't do it that way if there was no difference. Thanks though. One of the reasons I'm going to try it this way is because I'm pretty incapable of doing anything with how debilitating the withdrawal gets. I'm hoping this could be even the smallest bit easier. Although who knows, maybe I never had withdrawals and it's just been anxiety the entire time  ::)

Ok, that clears up some of the anxiety about doing it haha. I mean it can't be the same as jumping doses, I feel people wouldn't do it that way if there was no difference. Thanks though. One of the reasons I'm going to try it this way is because I'm pretty incapable of doing anything with how debilitating the withdrawal gets. I'm hoping this could be even the smallest bit easier. Although who knows, maybe I never had withdrawals and it's just been anxiety the entire time  ::)

I believe it is both.  Withdrawal and the brain anxiety.  But if you can control the brain anxiety it makes the withdrawal much easier to deal with.  Control what you can and don't stress about the things you can't control.

Stay strong!

sharkey

• 2 weeks later...
I started titration on Friday using water.  I am tapering off Temazpam.  Is using water ok.  And do I have to micro taper using titration method.  I was going to taper by 10 percent and staying there for two weeks.  This is what I did when I started my taper by dry cutting. 

Like most benzos, temazepam is NOT water soluble.  The tablet may break down and disintegrate in water, but the med does NOT go into solution  It can, however, be dissolved in a small amount of alcohol, then extensively diluted with water.

No, you don't have to do a daily taper when using dilute liquid, but there isn't much need to use liquid if your just going to cut-and-hold.

Temazepam is in a capsule so I thought this would be a good way to taper.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.  IMO, if what your doing is working, just keep doing it.

But remember, if you run into problems, there are some alternative methods.