Need a liquid titration plan. Please help.

[No...]

My physician decided I should stop taking my klonopin, .5 in the morning and at night. She has no idea what she's doing and I need to show her a good plan to titrate; I can't afford to taper off on her unknowledgeable deadlines. I've been taking. 5k twice a day for 2 1/2 years for acute ptsd and GAD. I really wanna get off this medication desperately now because I'm done worrying about refills and bad doctors. How do I slowly liquid titrate off .5k twice a day? I wanna wean of on a 6 to 8 month taper.

Trying to make your taper fit into a predetermined timeframe is a mistake.  It will take what it takes and the goal is to "discover" what your best rate is.  It could well take more than a year.

If it were me and I was on 1mg K I might liquify it in full fat whole milk, wait a week or two, then begin by removing .0015mg each day as a starting point.

Thanks a lot for the info. I want do to it at my bodies rate, I just need to show my doctor a convincing method. I tried dry cutting and cold turkey with horrible results. I'm kinda afraid .0015mg is sorta fast but I suppose that is like cutting .0090mg each week. I wanna do very small cuts every two weeks or more. Has your first suggestion had a lot of success with others?

.0015mg K per day at your dose is actually conservative, and yes others do fine with it.  It is equivalent to .9mg Valium per month.  I expect you may not even feel it, which is the goal - to cut and feel normal at the same time.  After testing this cut you will like lt be able to move up to something a little higher.

Thanks a lot for the info. I want do to it at my bodies rate, I just need to show my doctor a convincing method. I tried dry cutting and cold turkey with horrible results. I'm kinda afraid .0015mg is sorta fast but I suppose that is like cutting .0090mg each week. I wanna do very small cuts every two weeks or more. Has your first suggestion had a lot of success with others?

Hey Novaking22,

If you did .0015mg a day, the taper would take 1.8 years to reduce to 0.  I just wanted to make sure you recognized where the decimal place was.  That is a good rate to start at on a liquid taper. 

Many people are having success with this method.  If you want to read about other people having success with this method, check out the micro-tapering support group.  You can find a link in my signature below.

Stay strong!

sharkey